Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

rs5 and ptunic,

I am working on separating fractal levels. I think I have a tendency to promote Gaussian lines when they should only be visible at lower fractal levels. I have a question regarding a particular annotation that you both made. If you have a moment and don't mind me asking, please see the attached.

I am not sure I understand the question. Do you mean that the gaussian should have been shifted to match the correct high points of the container? See attached. Yes, you are correct to match the containers and the gaussians. The unshifted and shifted scenario are on still on the same fractal.

es-10Apr15-gaussian850.thumb.jpg.e6f58cebac16c25742f2c7550f35e60d.jpg

Spyder, rs5, ptunic and all,

Another, more important, fractal level question...

I have a carry-over up-container that was originally built many days ago by the same fractal level that revealed four containers on 4/15.

Attached are several charts, a 3 day 5min, to check your carry over and data.

A 15 minute for a different perspective.

And a 1 day 5 min chart to compare your scale. Just my opinion but with a scale that tight it must be hard to follow the bar ticks up and down. Originally a 10 point scale was recommended. For my software 12 - 15 point scale works nice.

FWIW I didn't have the heavy weight, light blue container that's on your chart. Could be an error on my part, just saying.

A suggestion, it's nice if there is a time scale showing on the posted charts to help locate where certain points are, as well as the correct date.

5aa70ff98f448_ES3day4_13-15.thumb.png.69aaef19c2191ee407d2ea621d93f5f9.png

5aa70ff995608_ES15m.thumb.png.f5d2efdc0641f4a0d3073d901ea7c6a0.png

5aa70ff99b923_ES4-15-2010.thumb.png.16c3a5a29106a5e9d7db4eda42315326.png

Edited by Ezzy

Have fun . . .

CLICK THIS LINK . . . WAIT FOR DOWNLOAD COUNTDOWN ( very small numbers ) AND FOLLOW INSTRUCTION

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=541170

OR TRY THESE ALL SAME NOT SURE WHICH ONE IS WORKING

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=541170&dv=1

tiki- spyder's wild journey video- YourFileLink.com

and see the title

Spyders_Wild_Journey_2009_tiki.avi

then look for the link to download file

once video is downloaded turn up speakers and have fun !

file is safe- I created a fun simple video for the method and file size was too large for direct attachment

no problem playing in windows media player

image explanation attached

5aa70ff9af111_downloadfile.jpg.42425fa7595d2fecc9e752ea775210b9.jpg

Edited by TIKITRADER

Attached are several charts, a 3 day 5min, to check your carry over and data.

looks like small arrows, pointing 45degrees up and to the right,

mark when volume is more than the prior bar volume.

can anyone explain what the 'P' in the chart, volume pane, represent? at first i though it was the peak gaussian, but it looks like other similar looking volume patterns do not have this 'P' mark. is this mark done by sw automation or by hand?

thanks

Edited by rightbyleft
add

can anyone explain what the 'P' in the chart, volume pane, represent?

The Blue Capital 'P' represents 'Peak Volume' as defined by an acceleration of a Gaussian Slope. And, yes, it is automated.

- Spydertrader

The Blue Capital 'P' represents 'Peak Volume' as defined by an acceleration of a Gaussian Slope. And, yes, it is automated.

- Spydertrader

thanks, after a second look, acceleration of gaussian slope,

does it mark when the colored volume pace lines are crossed

into another zone level for the left hand side of the gaussian OR if

if its the right hand side, there is a color change with acelerated peak.

if this isnt the logic, could you post the pseudocode for the mark P?

thanks

i do find the small arrow marks on the volume very helpful to annotate, so

perhaps the other mark can also be useful.

if your b2b is correct then your red rtl cannot possibly be correct

Thank you for your input. Yes, different fractals...............

Monday 19 April 2010

If you consider the gap, you will see that your 09:20 bar must be a p1.

Something like the attached...perhaps....

20100419.thumb.png.fa484ec7d1cb381ecd7e087025acdb26.png

Edited by dkm

Monday, 4/19/10

In real-time, I thought I saw one BO at 13:55 and another at 15:45. Did anybody know that these moves were not BO's as they were occurring?

Comments appreciated. (Edit: I've changed my mind about the rules I used to create the black up-channel. I think I should have fanned the pre-existing down-channel.)

5aa70ffaf01b3_ES06-104_19_2010(5Min).thumb.jpg.394269a9d2f2853c332ae32ddcd7a5fc.jpg

Edited by MomentumMike
Added comment about Channel

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Generally, I feel good about this chart... getting better at this each day (I think).

I don't like how quickly P's 2 and 3 of one container and P1 of the next formed between 10:25 and 10:40. Other than that... ok.

rs5, my chart is very similar to yours.

5aa70ffb5e5df_ES06-104_20_2010(5Min).jpg.464d0fff56d8f7460a401b3ce568a385.jpg

See cnms2's comments on rs5's chart.

- Spydertrader

Would you please explain how to recognize 13:20-14:00 as the non-dom 2b of r2r2b2r beginning at 12:40 and not a dominant 2b of b2b2r2b beginning at 11:40? It seems that many of us annotated 12:40 as p2 of a long sequence and 13:20 as its p3.

Thank you

Would you please explain how to recognize 13:20-14:00 as the non-dom 2b of r2r2b2r beginning at 12:40 and not a dominant 2b of b2b2r2b beginning at 11:40? It seems that many of us annotated 12:40 as p2 of a long sequence and 13:20 as its p3.

Thank you

Dkm, if I may chime in here... Cnms2 highlighted the areas in question. If you think about the assertion, that the method works on all time frames, you could mentally (or actually)go to a higher (slower) resolution level and compare the highlighted areas. You'll find out that the non dom is supported by decreasing vol.

Furthermore you can compare the transition of the black volume starting after 11:30 - 11:40 area where the red volume stated its dominance. Even with increasing black volume in 12:30 - 12:40 area the market stays in a down trend. What I mean is, even though the market shows increasing black in 12:30 - 12:40 area in comparison to the 11:50 - 12:00 area, it still doesn't top the pace of increasing red in 11:20 - 11:40 area. Finally the 13:20 - 14:00 confirms that the black volume isn't dominant here. The red volume in 14:10 - 14:40 area since comparable to the 11:30 - 11:40 area finally reveals itself as a final leg of a channel, point 2 of which was established by red volume in 11:30 - 11:40 area.

On a side note why should it be important? You spotted your ftt so why not to go from here keeping in mind the possibility of you having jumped the fractals? I would annotate the chart differently (see attachment) and that still would have worked out for me.

Take it with a grain of salt as usual, as I'm just suggesting some things I'm working on. So caveat emptor.

dkm.thumb.jpg.d962a5a1c6e2438534423b97a252bc96.jpg

Edited by gucci

Hi gucci,

Thank you for sharing your valuable volume comparison skills.

I have two questions for you---

1. You said: you could mentally (or actually) go to a higher (slower) resolution level and compare the highlighted areas---For the 5 minutes ES chart, what's the higher (lower) resolution level you suggest to use according to your observation? Do you mean to switch to10 min,15min, 30min or 60min in this specific

example?

2. You said: Furthermore you can compare the transition of the black volume starting after 11:30 - 11:40 area ---The chart under discussion is rs5's which is CST. Does your 11:30 - 11:40 area correspond to Bar 24 to Bar 26? TIA

Would you please explain how to recognize 13:20-14:00 as the non-dom 2b of r2r2b2r beginning at 12:40 and not a dominant 2b of b2b2r2b beginning at 11:40?

The order of events for any fractal exists and is well known to every individual following any discussion of The Price / Volume Relationship. The pattern repeats throughout a trading day - without error or anomaly. If you'll say out loud the order of events (piece by piece) as Price moves from Point One to Point Two then from Point Two to Point Three, and finally, from Point Three to FTT (with as much precision as possible), you'll hear yourself speak that which your brain already knows.

Now, view volume in the area you have outlined.

Does the order of events match that which you have spoken aloud?

- Spydertrader