Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

I'll take a stab at nesting... and this is just my opinion. Spyder or others slap me if this is way off base.

In dominant runs many times the non-dom component is more or less sideways at completion. In other words the market may have zipped up and down but when the volume sequence says "done" you are not far off from where you started price wise.

In non-dominant runs many times the non-dom (i.e. dominant with the container) component is not sideways.

This causes GREAT confusion because it immediately calls into question your annotation... or leads you to annotate a final 2B or 2R when it is simply part of a faster fractal sequence.

All this applies to gap-removed charts.

I'll take a stab at nesting... and this is just my opinion. Spyder or others slap me if this is way off base.

In dominant runs many times the non-dom component is more or less sideways at completion. In other words the market may have zipped up and down but when the volume sequence says "done" you are not far off from where you started price wise.

In non-dominant runs many times the non-dom (i.e. dominant with the container) component is not sideways.

This causes GREAT confusion because it immediately calls into question your annotation... or leads you to annotate a final 2B or 2R when it is simply part of a faster fractal sequence.

All this applies to gap-removed charts.

Hi saturo

Could you kindly provide a chart to demonstrate your valuable statement? My pea- brain can't visualize the picture. TIA

Hi Spyder,

you mentioned on at least two occasions the mental filter you let Jack's teachings go through. The YM leading ES comes to mind. Could you remember some more examples?

TIA.

This is a fun one. I am new to it so I still have to get used to it. ( may not be setup perfect, working on it )

Kospi K200- kse

This is live this evening. The Kospi opens around 7pm est and closes about 1pm est. This is a great way to keep practicing or trade live during evenings.

method looks perfect applied to this market. this chart is a quick throw together but I will get some more posted in near future.

thanx tams for some great codes posted on tl

5aa70ff0e704b_kospimarch252010.thumb.jpg.2a67102ea622c1c4cf0fb79bc06a20cc.jpg

Edited by TIKITRADER
describe setup

There are a couple improvements we've been trying to get TN to add. If you agree with these please go to their forum any let them know as they will not send it to development unless they get more requests. The two items here are adding more line thicknesses and separating the line thicknesses from the line style. And combining the 2 edit windows to eliminate extra clicks. If you have other suggestions for these (like expanding their color pallet) please note them too.

Genesisft Forum Link

Yes, by weights I mean thicknesses. Having the dashes and dots able to have different thicknesses would be great too.

************************************************************************************

We can submit this request to our programmers, but the initial window attributes was made from the majority of people requesting this. Unless, we

get a lot of requests to separate thickness from line attibute,it will take a while to implement.

*************************************************************************************

An alternative as far as the editing window, it would be more efficient to have the editing window pop up with a right click and have everything on that one menu, including the delete and duplicate - vs. the 2 window set up.

If the edit window was laid out wider, rather than longer (top to bottom) that would also help since moving "OK" is not an option. On one of my screens it is half the height of the screen.

***Again, the initial window attributes was initiated from enough customers to create what you see now. As mentioned before, putting a duplicate

button is not needed and left clicking will bring up the edit window. As far as the delete button, it is already there at the bottom and in

the menu if you right click. Also, you can use the delete keyon the keyboard to delete the last line drawn.

**************************************************************************************************************************

Interesting side note, I asked in the following post, when the current layout or "window attributes" was designed (for editing trend-lines) as they said it was based on the majority of customer requests. And I suggested that they have many new users who use their software in new ways. Also informed them that I had 3 friends this year switch to another platform because TN was a bit cumbersome to use.

This post was deleted, it's not the first time I've had posts deleted there. You would think they would be open to "all" customer feedback to improve their software instead of hiding from the fact that ease of use is also a very important feature. It certainly explains why it has been so difficult to get some of the improvements done.

K200 Kospi - kse March 29-30 5 minute EST

I made an error in previous post regarding the trade hours for the K200.

The correct hours in EST are 8pm to 2 am.

attached charts are from last evening.

News link for kse provided by redduke thread

YONHAP NEWS

calender for kse holidays

Korea Stock Exch. 2010 Bank Holidays

Asian Stock Markets Holiday: South Korea Stock Exchange Market Holidays / Trading Calendar (Year 2010)

* chart ends earlier than close as of image time taken

5aa70ff272f96_kospimarch29-2010..thumb.jpg.efe946f44486e8f9deb2cb732169d22b.jpg

5aa70ff279805__k200march292010.thumb.jpg.4e7d9ccccf3506a23e5b5f5e2c1f9d7a.jpg

Edited by TIKITRADER
end time of chart

I wonder: how would you draw those gaussians if you didn't see the price at all?

I am not sure that I am advanced enough to draw gaussians without guide of price containers :) Here is my guesstimate of a previous day in this contract (where I don't have the recent imprint of price movement) and attempt drawing the gaussians as a practice exercise. Result - at least a good belly laugh for somebody :rofl:

esvol-10March17.thumb.jpg.1cf48e5d84a6c6128e0c1ae78ba74172.jpg

Edited by rs5

... Here is my guesstimate of a previous day in this contract (where I don't have the recent imprint of price movement) and attempt drawing the gaussians as a practice exercise. ...
Overlaid (yellow) over your 3/17 annotations.

5aa70ff327a94_rs5es-10Mar17overlay.thumb.jpg.16d74c1cca002695aaeda8460c26d7bf.jpg

Edited by cnms2

Volume leads Price. Always.

To Be Continued ....

- Spydertrader

sorry missed all the fun. are all 170+ pages were made based on this declaration?

I am curious where dB Poenix gone... He liked stuff like this. Is he billionaire yet?

Haven't posted on this forum before, but been following for a long time. Here's my attempt for today - price and volume. Thanks to everyone for all the hard work and collaboration.

5.thumb.gif.c7ca63e143c7b53a031ae8d10bb5953a.gif