Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Hi can anyone tell me are there any threads of people that still trade stocks using the jack Hershey/spydertrader method? I read all of the journals on Elite but was wondering if there was anything here?

Hi can anyone tell me are there any threads of people that still trade stocks using the jack Hershey/spydertrader method? I read all of the journals on Elite but was wondering if there was anything here?

Whether one trades Equities, Options, Futures or The Currency Exchanges the Fractal nature of The Price / Volume Relationship remains exactly the same in Any Market; on Any Time Frame (and provided sufficient liquidity exists).

I encourage you to learn to thoroughly (and correctly) annotate a chart, and then, apply what you have learned (from this process) unto any market of your choosing. The culling process (Equities Methods) simply allow for greater efficiency (making more money per unit time) in trading. Applying the P/V Relationship onto the Futures Markets improves on that efficiency (by increasing the money velocity).

Good Journey to you.

- Spydertrader

My chart for Tuesday. I got lost in my seq. right after FOMC and I’m still not sure how to annotate it correctly. I’ll wait and see what happens today – it might help me to understand better.

16@ESM10.thumb.jpg.f892c0bbe4b86610f10beb379a5481e5.jpg

Tuesday 3-16-2010 ES Cohart.

Hi Ezzy or anyone who is interested in P/ V Relationship

Could you shed light on the rule of omitting the FOMC movements?

If you do have a rule, does this rule apply to important news release like Consumer Confidence, New home Sales, Crude inventories.... TIA

5aa70fea6330d_FOMCmove.gif.e3b294057cff7636548c8102e7f24da6.gif

Hi Ezzy or anyone who is interested in P/ V Relationship

Could you shed light on the rule of omitting the FOMC movements?

If you do have a rule, does this rule apply to important news release like Consumer Confidence, New home Sales, Crude inventories.... TIA

No rule, just winging it, which isn't very binary. Treating it like an overnight gap, separate event. So for sequence purposes here excluding it. Might not do that on another announcement depending on how it works out. Usually after these events the market goes back to what it was doing before the announcement.

Any line drawn on a chart must have a rational, objective, definable and consistant reason for doing so. Make sure all lines on your chart conform to this definition.

- Spydertrader

Thursday 18 March 2010

Either the point 1's are incorrect, or the gaussians are. TL's can't start in the middle of a b2b or r2r, period. We already went over one of these.:D

5aa70febabb26_RSedit.thumb.jpg.a58c08c00f3cfaa765f17817d9b91811.jpg

I posted a chart on 3/10. Thanks to the feedback of the members on this forum and earlier posts (and an effort over every waking hour of the last week), I believe I have made some serious progress. I posted the "before" and "after" charts.

I'm not sure whether I should have ever considered 13:55 (cob) as a BO, but I did. Three bars later, I marked it as an FBO. I'm thinking that I should have discounted the minor increase in non-dominant volume as an effect of breaking out of the bottom of the lat, rather than taking it as a sign of a BO of the traverse. Or, maybe the volume level wasn't high enough for a BO of the traverse. I haven't determined how to (or whether I should) consider absolute volume levels in my analysis. Any guidance, as always, is much appreciated.

5aa70fecc0fb3_ES03-103_10_2010(5Min).thumb.jpg.c76418f3919d8ed015a262c43ab0d6fc.jpg

5aa70fecc94f3_ES03-103_10_2010(5Min)-take2.thumb.jpg.da2417efcd537f27ac6269a0b8e43c2b.jpg

I posted a chart on 3/10. Thanks to the feedback of the members on this forum and earlier posts (and an effort over every waking hour of the last week), I believe I have made some serious progress. I posted the "before" and "after" charts.

Real quick, you should not be re-drawing and fanning the thick red from 11:40. The move up to 11:10 is an increasing black gaussian. By being higher than the prior day's high, it can't possibly be decreasing black. Decreasing red the rest of the day.

1st med green up was fanned 3 times. Don't fan it. The 2nd med green is fine. 13:20 pt1, 13:45 pt2 of a non-dom within the med green.

Make those adjustments, then compare with RS's chart of that day for the gaussian nesting. Work out the bigger picture gaussian discrepancies with the above changes.

Regards - EZ

Edited by Ezzy

A wealth of information exists within the previous discussions and past journals. However, one must take great care to understand the context surrounding the discussion illuminated within those old posts.

Hello Spyder,

If it is not too much trouble, would it be possible to post a recent fully annotated chart for a complete tradingday? This would be very useful for me and (I think) many other people on this forum.

I have always used as reference some of your older charts that were posted on ET, but now these are really old and the emphasis in the discussions has shifted, so it would be good to have some new reference material including the most recent way annotations are done.

Thanks!

Ezzy, thanks very much for your reply. I'm going to work through each bit of info.

I believe my current hurdle is in properly identifying fractal levels. It seems like I keep getting into a situation where I build a wide Channel that contains Tapes which build Traverses that eventually end up meandering about the middle of the Channel. Maybe those Traverses should be building another fractal, but I already have a Channel established and no level exists between Traverse and Channel. Maybe my specific thoughts below will clarify my trouble.

Real quick, you should not be re-drawing and fanning the thick red from 11:40. The move up to 11:10 is an increasing black gaussian. By being higher than the prior day's high, it can't possibly be decreasing black. Decreasing red the rest of the day.

I understand this (thanks!) in the context of my 3/10 chart, i.e., without any carry-over channel from 3/9. When I annotate my carry-over channel from 3/9, I no longer see thick red as valid. All of thick red's movement is within the carry-over channel (thick black on attached chart). It appears to me that the points of black and red are created by the same, immediate subfractal level (the traverse level). Since red has no pt 2 outside of black, why is red valid? Isn't it just an assemblage of traverses within the black channel?

1st med green up was fanned 3 times. Don't fan it. The 2nd med green is fine. 13:20 pt1, 13:45 pt2 of a non-dom within the med green.

I think I understand the reason for not fanning the 1st med green. However, when I don't fan, it looks to me like the pt's you describe build the next fractal at the same level as the med green, rather than a subfractal within it. How would I know the pink fractal on Chart2 is a subfractal of the green?

Make those adjustments, then compare with RS's chart of that day for the gaussian nesting. Work out the bigger picture gaussian discrepancies with the above changes.

Nesting... killing me... :)

Ezzy and other gurus, care to give me a nudge toward my "Aha!" moment?

5aa70feded593_ES03-103_10_2010(5Min)-take2.thumb.jpg.b0f65be583a3fd54b09b6d8065183117.jpg

5aa70fee0b61b_ES03-103_10_2010(5Min)withCO.thumb.jpg.74f0ae56f18faaf26104dc60b20f3f0f.jpg

Chart2.thumb.jpg.3e67d9b44a978a4b52f193f2b290bfd2.jpg

Nesting... killing me... :)

See attached chart.

You are missing a level of gaussians. Look at RS's charts, a few of mine have blue lines to make it obvious where they come together. For each level you will see a pair of lines for that level. I put some blue lines on your chart.

Corrections on your chart are based on your TL's, which may or may not be correct.

I'd be surprised to find someone here that doesn't have trouble with separating the fractals levels, myself included.

Show of hands if anyone has it nailed down, please.

Everyone makes mistakes, my charts have mistakes. In fact DKM had the correct annotations for last Thurs-Fri IMO. There is no gold standard charts here as we're all learning.

Regards - EZ

MM.thumb.jpg.bec7cfc6434b5ad063a8c1651a36dd7e.jpg