Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Could it be that, in the attached lateral, that at the first bar the previous sequence is complete, but that the actual signal of change happens no the third bar (the outside bar) inside the lateral?

--

innersky

For me the signal of change in such a context would reside on the 5th bar.FWIW

For me the signal of change in such a context would reside on the 5th bar.FWIW

In an uptrend, price making a higher high on increasing volume is a signal of change?

--

innersky

In an uptrend, price making a higher high on increasing volume is a signal of change?

--

innersky

The fact, that price tried to move higher on encreasing volume but failed to break out of the lateral suggested that change is in the cards. Just my 0,2.

Edited by gucci
spelling

rs5 - I see today a little bit differently. I marked up your chart.

I believe that the volume sequences have all been satisfied for the long. I believe the key area is 12:45 - 13:55 - you have it marked as rising red. To me this appears to be falling black.

What is your rationale for annotating volume that way?

Comments welcome by all...

P.S. the "missing RTL" note is not pointing at anything... you are missing a CO channel from 2/8 (gap adjusted)

rs5-1.thumb.jpg.5a1ca4934ff49b583cf11ca3b88721b8.jpg

Edited by saturo
spelling

What about this sequence?

I'm assuming your interpretation is that the yellow shaded portion of your drawing is action going from pt2 to pt3 of the "higher level" move from pt2 to pt3.

As I see it - the volume trend of your "red arrow" trend is rising. Doesn't this disqualify that particular read of the situation?

rs5-2.png.ce6ccc101ac8e02c745fe6f47350bad3.png

Thank you for your input, Saturo. And thank you for the diagram cnms2. That highlighted area did not look like a full sequence for the faster fractal to me. But then I am often wrong. The market should be telling us shortly. Happy MADA!

Edited by rs5

Wednesday 10 Feb 2010
I marked on your chart several places where I started those containers at other points than you did (without respecting your line thickness convention). I believe them to be not only better trading points, but also the correct ones based of volume sequences.

es-10Feb10-1819.thumb.jpg.bffc8bd733fe3149809802f68c9663a5.jpg

Tuesday, Fed 9 2010

I had trouble with finding the Traverses, just annotated the tapes, will check out your charts for ideas. This was an interesting day with the longest Lateral Drill confirming lateral I've seen yet.

5aa70fcc8bb78_Feb92010A.thumb.PNG.b7f281be0c22ee577ab2d7ccfe250e8c.PNG

Wednesday 10 Feb 2010

rs5 - I marked your chart with an alternate view of the day.

Can you explain why you have 12:35 until end of day marked as falling red? On the whole the volume trend over that period appears to be rising -- especially the red bars. Maybe I'm missing some key concept to gaussian annotations. :confused:

rs5-3.thumb.png.fd407468eafac6a6eed85f68a5fda731.png

My thoughts on this subject.

First off I welcome Spyder to TL.

Secondly, I have studied Spyder and Jack's work very carefully as I have also studied Db and Wyckoff.

My fundamental belief about trading is that one must find a perspective or context to view the markets, that makes the most sense to them as an individual.

That should be your primary goal.

Once you find that perspective you have your edge.

Could someone be so kind to post a blank today's 5min ES chart from Trade Navigator? I'm trying to compare some data.

--

thanks,

innersky

This should work for you.

Regards,

EZ

5aa70fce03c01_2-11-2010ES5min.thumb.png.e7a9a71ff92b81d9be4b8dcf90c8292c.png

rs5 - I marked your chart with an alternate view of the day.

Can you explain why you have 12:35 until end of day marked as falling red? On the whole the volume trend over that period appears to be rising -- especially the red bars. Maybe I'm missing some key concept to gaussian annotations. :confused:

If you have 10:35 on 2-10 as a Pt1, go B2B to 13:30 Pt2, then 13:30 to 9:50 on 2-11 is decreasing red to Pt3.

Now, if you have 13:30 as a Pt3 down, then your view makes more sense and works out a bit cleaner. ;)

If you have 10:35 on 2-10 as a Pt1, go B2B to 13:30 Pt2, then 13:30 to 9:50 on 2-11 is decreasing red to Pt3.

Now, if you have 13:30 as a Pt3 down, then your view makes more sense and works out a bit cleaner. ;)

Interesting ... Trends overlap. Here the dilemma is: to fan or to accelerate? Which one is correct here? How do you know? Does it matter? Why?

i have a question re: carry over channels. with the 'gap down' today, i adjusted previous day's action to today's open.

In doing so, the 11:45 bar's breakout of the longer-term down channel from yesterday is no longer 'there'.

I guess my question is, are previous channel breakouts 'negated' if there is a gap up or down on the subsequent day? I can post a chart if required.

Thanks in advance.

I guess my question is, are previous channel breakouts 'negated' if there is a gap up or down on the subsequent day? I can post a chart if required.

I'm not really certain what you have attempted to ask here (a good reason to always attach a chart to a question), but if the market exists as a fractal entity (which it does), and gaps do not exist (and they don't) then how is it that a "previous channel breakout" would no longer be valid?

'Gaps' have no magical ability to alter the events of a previous day. As such, eliminating gaps also has no effect on that which developed prior to the gap event.

- Spydertrader

Hi Spyder - thanks for your explanation. Logically I understand what you were saying.

I attached a chart. What I had wondered was if the CO channel would still be valid given the 'gap' down today, but as you stated what happened since the breakout of the long down channel yesterday does not negate that it happened.

Still learning and working at this hard..:)

Friday.thumb.jpg.3909d6cf298ec91c4d3ab96decfcf843.jpg