Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Then name the differences anything you like. Up / Down, Left / Right, Goat / Hedgehog or whatever other binary pattern suits you. The vocabulary isn't nearly as important as recognizing a subtle difference in the object itself (at this point in time). For example, the first example of a Lateral (today), moved in the opposite direction of the previous bar (Note, how I did not use Dominant nor Non-Dominant here). Whereas, yesterday's examples formed in the same direction as the previous bar (to the actual lateral). Clearly, such a thing would represent a subtle difference.

At some point in the future (once you do have a better handle on Order of Events), you can always change the vocabulary.

- Spydertrader

Spydertrader,

Do you mean the bar before bar 1 that starts the lateral? And if so, does it mean that this bar is important in the differentiation process?

--

innersky

Once you can see the various situations, you then focus on Order of Events (noting any differences from one situation to another). For example, the lateral which formed today beginning with the 11:10 Bar began at a completely different point along the continuum than 'Ezzy's Lateral.'

- Spydertrader

The lateral at 11:20 on the 26th Jan is post p3, so it must be the 2b portion of the b2b-2r-2b. "Ezzy's lateral", which I presume is the lateral beginning at 09:45 on the 25th Jan, contains the 2r-2b portion of the b2b-2r-2b sequence beginning at 16:05 on the 24th Jan. I personally cannot see the 2b portion on the ES 5 min but it would seem that the ym is sufficient to confirm that it exists.

20100126clip.jpg.e651a9027200efeeb013797938fddea2.jpg

Do you mean the bar before bar 1 that starts the lateral?

Correct.

And if so, does it mean that this bar is important in the differentiation process?

If one becomes confused when attempting to determine Dominant vs. Non-Dominant, I simply provided an alternative method for differentiating how a Lateral Forms. Otherwise, one need not even pay attention to it.

- Spydertrader

Spyder - a basic question about the volume sequence that might benefit others as well:

Can volume sequences overlap? By this I mean can the 2R or 2B of a trend also play a "double" role by being part of the ensuing trend?

For example - this would mean that a 2R of an up trend is also "counted" as part of the R2R of the ensuing short.

If my question is unclear I will try to clarify with a picture.

Can volume sequences overlap?

If you logically think this through, you'll realize you already know the answer to this question.

All trends overlap at the FTT (Point One). No Trends overlap at Point Two. Ocassionally, some trends overlap at Point Three (what Jack and Neoxx discused as "the golden triangle").

What Volume Sequences cause Price to move from Point One to an FTT?

What Volume sequences push Price from Point One to Point Two? To Point Three?

Once one arrives at an FTT of a specific fractal, then the non-stationary window (for that specific fractal) has closed. As such, 'sequences' are not shared in the fashion your question specifies.

- Spydertrader

Spyder - a basic question about the volume sequence that might benefit others as well:

Can volume sequences overlap?

The answer that you are seeking is NO.

I included gaussians today. I am sure that I have jumped fractals in some cases, though through portions of the day it felt based on my traverses and trendlines that I was in sync.

By 'doing the work' I am learning a lot.

Apologize for jumping into the lateral posts and being off primary topic, but it helps me to have accountability by posting my charts :)

Thursday.thumb.jpg.baabfe14b8670c6c7b9bf37280aee3a7.jpg

I included gaussians today. :)

Attached, please find an over view of 'the bigger picture' as Volume moved Price from Point One to Point Two and from Point Two to Point Three. After reaching Point Three, Volume moved Price in the direction of the 'bigger picture' FTT (until we ran out of day).

All one need do now, is 'nest' the various faster (than the 'bigger picture') Gaussians within the Price and Volume Containers in an effort to learn what must always take place before a specific order of events has completed.

One can go as far down the rabbit hole as one wishes.

- Spydertrader

5aa70fb9eccd0_bigpicture.thumb.jpg.22a8005a4a250f24dc48bcfd8b294027.jpg

The lateral at 11:20 on the 26th Jan is post p3, so it must be the 2b portion of the b2b-2r-2b. "Ezzy's lateral", which I presume is the lateral beginning at 09:45 on the 25th Jan, contains the 2r-2b portion of the b2b-2r-2b sequence beginning at 16:05 on the 24th Jan. I personally cannot see the 2b portion on the ES 5 min but it would seem that the ym is sufficient to confirm that it exists.
I don't understand what 2b can't you see (in your attachment ? in Ezzy's lateral ?), but I believe your conclusion is incorrect: you should be able to trade based on what you see only on the 5 minute ES chart, without relying on the YM 2 minute.

I don't understand what 2b can't you see (in your attachment ? in Ezzy's lateral ?), but I believe your conclusion is incorrect: you should be able to trade based on what you see only on the 5 minute ES chart, without relying on the YM 2 minute.

"Ezzy's lateral" - 09:45 25th Jan. Spydertrader suggested that I look at the YM to assist with my difficulty to see the 2b on the ES.

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/34/price-volume-relationship-6320-124.html#post87581

One can go as far down the rabbit hole as one wishes.

- Spydertrader

Spy drill . . . or art ? ( Composizione, 1921 Serigrap by Piet Mondrian )

5aa70fba0b91d_SPY12810_1.thumb.jpg.ed7e3c24b667f22bac42b72d24519bc7.jpg

Edited by TIKITRADER

Salutations All,

I've read the posts in this thread many times and I think/hope that I'm ready to join the discussion. I've decided to start by posting my view of the first day of the Channel Drill. (I hope that attempts to resolve this exercise are still welcome.) I found myself accelerating/decelerating TL's according to what I felt the Gaussians were telling me. So, the TL's aren't "clean". Heck, I'll be happy if concensus tells me I've identified the correct number of tapes. I'm very interested in anybody's view on my interpretation of the Gaussians, especially through laterals. TIA for any comments. And thanks to Spyder and all contributors for a thought-provoking mountain of material.

5aa70fbbd4e6d_ChannelDrill-Day1.jpg.7b8fe3ad61cc8d09d20a5aaed5f75a5c.jpg

I found myself accelerating/decelerating TL's according to what I felt the Gaussians were telling me.
I am somewhat intimately familiar with that particular day. And also, I was fortunate to receive some guidance on what subtle differences exist on that day. I believe that the attached reflects the order of events accurately.

5aa70fbc1ac06_7_14_2009(5Min).thumb.png.818885691d04d2770d44207493969b20.png

Today's chart. Medium weight gaussians are building (inside) the medium weight traverses.
I wonder why the 1540-1555 can't be considered as b2b2r2b on some super-extra-fast level?

5aa70fbc694f7_ES01-29-2010.thumb.png.fcf803493ae41aa493c8ba45ad415307.png

Hi romanus,

as a beginner may I ask you about this in your chart... "...the gaussian lines should ALWAYS match the trendlines..." (or maybe it was the other way around.). How does this workout in your chart?

Thanks.

5aa70fbc775ed_7_14_2009(5Min)Point123.thumb.png.8d86bf82f077b61c45f1759920cffc3d.png

Hi romanus,

as a beginner may I ask you about this in your chart... "...the gaussian lines should ALWAYS match the trendlines..." (or maybe it was the other way around.). How does this workout in your chart?

Thanks.

In the chart that I posted for every line drawn in volume pane (gaussian) there exist a corresponding pair of lines (trendlines) drawn in price pane. The relationship between those two ( namely a pair of trendlines and gausisan line) can be described using the verb "match". Where do you see the contradiction between your premise ("...the gaussian lines should ALWAYS match the trendlines...") and what is drawn?

In this image is a lateral. This should be one that fits the the current topic.

Can the direction of this lateral exit be known with just the information shown ?

is there enough information here for . . .

1) Differentiation

2) Context

3) Order of events

This is for anyone who wants to answer any or all questions.

additionally . . . Spyder, could you just give a yes or no to each question here if possible ?

EDIT: All bars are finished, none are forming

5aa70fbca120e_latdrill1.jpg.c3b7d9e2e0f1e9987193c067ea726b3b.jpg

Edited by TIKITRADER

I'm going to take a stab at this.

I would say yes to 1) and 3) but No to 2). There is a lack of needed context here.

Is this already inside some other lateral? Is that at the beginning or ending of day which might affect the volume bars?

However if we know this is middle of day, not in the FOMC or other unusual event, and not inside a bigger lateral itself, in other words in normal context if there is such a thing, then I think this would be sufficient to know where it exits in both of these examples.

I will just tackle the 2nd one for now since I'm studying those right now. In that case, I think it is a Dominant lateral, with black being the dominant direction. I believe this would BO to end the lateral in the dominant direction (black).

Attached is what I believe is a similar lateral as your 2nd one. My example is jan 24, 13:05.

5aa70fbca8eab_jan_24_2010lateralsnipet1.PNG.403e276bf300169d8cc725651be85c39.PNG