Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

"

A whole set of nested fractals consists of 1 Channel, 3 Traverses, 9 tapes, 27 BBT's and 81 sub BBT's. "

This is from a post this evening from JH found elsewhere

Edited by TIKITRADER

Good evening,

My work for 2 Nov 09 on 5 minute ES. A few (million) questions I am going to research but things felt far better than my last post. The sim trading yielded great results. This was the least important part of today's work but does give me some feedback on my progress. Properly integrating fractals/Gaussians needs my focus. Ignoring signals for change until sequence completion really helps. Thanks Spyder. I am probably slaughtering signals for change but still some progress. I am also exploring how flexibility plays a role in interpreting the market. I spent the weekend with a bunch of old posts. Thank you, again, to Spyder, Jack and all the others.

MK

5aa70f4bd0cbe_MK200911025ESClean.thumb.png.e2396fe36b80f21ed57694f31a0ecb75.png

Guest ES101

Hi Spyder, could you be so kind as to go over the meaning of an outside bar?

For example, you break out of a channel on increasing volume, then the following bar is an outside bar on less volume than your previous BO bar.

Thanks

I spoke to Kevin from Genesis today about the gap removal feature. To further "persuade" Genesis to implement it ASAP, he suggested that I wrote to this e-mail address explaining what I want implemented:

support@genesisft.com

I have just done so, and I appeal to you to do the same. Let's hope e-mails from paying customers are taken more into consideration than anonymous posts on a forum :helloooo:

A different view of last traverse sequence. It differ somewhat from what others have posted. Dominant and non-dominant laterals in contexts were among other things used in my reasoning.

Like always, comments welcome :)

091102-Debriefed.thumb.jpg.508dfecb9d2fd0ec17a620bad047530a.jpg

It seems that your 1-BO-2-3s don't match x2X2y2X sequences on your second level of gaussians. Also, my data shows a lateral starting on the 9:05 bar.

It seems that your 1-BO-2-3s don't match x2X2y2X sequences on your second level of gaussians. Also, my data shows a lateral starting on the 9:05 bar.

Thank you so much for your comments! How did I miss that lateral!?! Still need to work on these gaussians :)

Recently, a few individuals have experienced certain unexpected events. Due to circumstances beyond their control, a few individuals had to back out of attending our upcoming meeting. As a result, several slots have opened up for The Las Vegas Expo conference.

Since the room for our event filled up rather quickly, I informed a number of individuals that I would 'waitlist' their names - in case an opening occured.

Anyone still with an interest in attending the Las Vegas Event should send me a PM through this web site.

- Spydertrader

sorry for the off topic post:

After several emails with TN support, attempting to make it clear what a gap removal tool would do. This is the last couple emails.

To: support

Subject: Re: gap removal tool request

There are many people following the methods presented by spydertrader using this software that would like to see past data(yesterday) shifted if there is a gap, so the close of the last bar(yesterday) is equal to the open of the first bar of today. so the chart would appear as if there is no gap.

hope that helps. I'm under the impression there are several requests for this same feature.

Don

That would be something that can be discussed at the coming Seminar in Vegas as our Owner and Head of Operations will be there to speak with the SpyderTrader group and others.

Our support team as of yet has only seen this request come in from yourself. If you know of others, we’d love to get emails from them for the same request which will help us to provide the necessary numbers required to get Development working on something like this for you. As you know, our Development Team is only assigned to work on the most requested items first.

I will pass along your request to our Head of Operations in preparations for the Seminar.

Richard

GenesisFT

sorry for the off topic post:

... Our support team as of yet has only seen this request come in from yourself. If you know of others, we’d love to get emails from them for the same request which will help us to provide the necessary numbers required to get Development working on something like this for you. As you know, our Development Team is only assigned to work on the most requested items first.

Guess they don't read their own forums. Maybe you could refer him to this link: https://www.genesisft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=753&start=0

The wish list thread has a few other items as well, tool bar placement and resizing the DOM ladder, etc.

Guess they don't read their own forums. Maybe you could refer him to this link: https://www.genesisft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=753&start=0

The wish list thread has a few other items as well, tool bar placement and resizing the DOM ladder, etc.

After reading traverse's post, I sent that link to Genesis support. As a reminder, I also forwarded an email exchange between myself and Genesis support which took place in September. At that time, I was told that the Gap Removal Tool was already on the development list. To me that implies that someone else had already requested it before I did. Clearly, multiple people have requested this tool. Richard's claim that traverse's request is the only such request seen by Genesis support is confusing, to say the least.

Are you charging for this stuff??

Thank-you for your concern.

I'm honored that, rather than focusing on trading today, you have chosen to 'look out for the little guy' and question whether or not I charge a fee to attend any seminar where I plan to present.

For the record ...

Whether presenting to a small group (in Cleveland, OH and White Plains, NY) or standing before a large group (in NYC, Chicago [at the CME] and Tucson, AZ), in all, I have presented some 17 times over the years. Not once, have I ever charged for my services, knowledge, skills or experience.

Any costs (associated with room rental, audio visual equipment, meals, beverages, taxes, service charges, etc.) are paid directly to the proprietor of the meeting location. For this specific meeting (Las Vegas), a software and data provider generously stepped forward and sponsored a significant portion of the costs of our ten hour long meeting.

Again, I'm confident the 40 people attending our Las Vegas Meeting appreciate your concern.

Good Trading to you.

- Spydertrader

P.S. I also do not charge for my answers to the countless PM's, IM's, emails, and phone calls I receive each day.

This is the daily ES chart from March to November 6. It is the entire retrace of the Monthly down channel.

Also included is another chart zoomed in of the ES daily from around September 2 to November 6.

This is a standard chart so the bar color does not follow the method. Some bars will not appear correct. You have to mentally color that in.

This is the way I have been building this daily time frame. ( 24hr chart )

These were posted elsewhere already, where I post daily charts occasionally.

5aa70f50f2ef3_ESDAILYMARCH_NOVEMBER09.thumb.jpg.98bf702a48e7d0f79b5eb47fde860ea8.jpg

5aa70f5109332_ESDAILYCHARTZOOMUPCLOSENOV609.thumb.jpg.f41709a8f18caea0e52a28cc55bb67b6.jpg

This is a monthly DJI chart.

To early to post November monthly so this one I will kick out there just for fun.

The DJI has yet to hit the right trendline of the monthly chart.

The ES has hit the right trendline already of the monthly chart.

Now the DJI does not have to hit the right trendline, but if it were to go for it there would be about another 200 - 225 DJI points to get there. ( from current DJI levels )

That would be a rough estimate of about 15 - 20 ES points. That could bring the ES back ( from current levels ) toward the right Monthly trendline for a second time and price back to 1080 - 1085 area.

( disclaimer . . . the method follows the sequential order of price and volume. do not place trades based on this post ! ) :haha:

5aa70f5110e9f_djimonthlybarsnovember609.thumb.jpg.815b7fb94f8ecdaf2bfe9e80be910d1f.jpg