Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

OK - What is a 'goat'?

LOL!... Spydertrader once used it to describe something OTHER than the 3 levels... and it caught on among a few of the folks :D

OK,

Sorry for polluting the thread. I hope the previous charts I posted are deleted. After reviewing the BBT presentation and comparing notes I think I may have made progress on synchronizing Gaussians. Any feedback is always wlecome.

MK

5aa70f3c4b9a6_MK200910145ES.thumb.jpg.eaf37f5b22df4a743ac673b36c26c09e.jpg

Good evening all,

I have been attempting to learn this method for a while.

MK

WOW, Look at you go! Thank you for posting!

Yup, was trying to drill myself by starting with volume only.

The theory being I'm too focused on price and not enough on volume-- trying to overcome that. :)

I also think there may be some way to determine not just traverses (by gaussians only) but also tapes + channels but I haven't figured that out yet.

My view of the day...

I think everyone would agree, you are in no way "polluting the thread". :)

Thanks for posting :)

I've noticed that your channel gaussians differ from mine. What color annotations do you use?

Can someone create a video of annotating charts, whether live (would be worth gold) or in hind sight? This would be more helpful than just posting a chart with a bunch of lines. People would learn much quicker this way.

Also, if anyone already has a video then please post it here! Thanks guys!

Can someone create a video of annotating charts, whether live (would be worth gold) or in hind sight? This would be more helpful than just posting a chart with a bunch of lines. People would learn much quicker this way.

Also, if anyone already has a video then please post it here! Thanks guys!

Great idea, but probably you would fall asleep after 30 seconds. LOL

I created the carry over thick green and medium blue trend lines by piecing together 5 minute charts for the current channel with the gap removed. I did the piecing together on another part of the chart not shown (like a scratch pad area) using the copy pattern drawing tool in TN. I then duplicated the trend lines over to the current day. The thick green RTL began on 10/1 at 16:05. The medium blue was from 10:30 yesterday.

10152009es5min.thumb.jpg.9bbdb806429ed997bfd15c82dd8ca023.jpg

Thanks for posting :)

I've noticed that your channel gaussians differ from mine. What color annotations do you use?

I am still learning to develop a more consistent coloring convention across all days. :)

My larger focus is on the following principles:

The fractal nature of price movement.

The sequences of Price and Volume.

FTT's and VE's

Continuation and Change

Always asking where am I in the sequences, how fast are things changing, and WMCN.

A tape, traverse, channel (call them goats - lol!) could consist of 5 bars or take 5 days (more or less). As a Intraday trader, IMO, focusing on the above principles allows a trader to participate in the market regardless of the duration of various fractal sequences. Fortunately, all fractals develop in exactly the same manner. :)

10152009.thumb.jpg.9a4e507c232eca6dc15ea72b7b690f88.jpg

Edited by ehorn
typo

Here is a daily view that I have been working on. The normal daily bars are on the top of the chart. The grey bars in the area below are generated by the copy pattern drawing tool in TN. I used this to remove the overnight gaps manually.

We are at an interesting point on the daily. I've annotated that the market is searching for a point 3 of the current green downtrend. We are about to CP4 as Jack has euphemistically described the point where the prior trend FTT is passed when looking for a point 3 of the current trend. A CP4 would cause me to fan the green uptrend that originated on 7/13. I must say, this bear market rally (red uptrend) is sure persistent.

One question for those following the thread about the MADA loop. When we FTT a trend, we want to see the dominoes fall and one by one eliminate the possibilities of WMCN. We want to see the following in order:

1. sequence completion

2. an FTT with a signal of change

3. decreasing volume to the RTL

4. increasing volume on the RTL BO and into the trend towards point 2

5. decreasing volume on the new trend retrace in the search of point 3

Can we rule out a CP4 at any point of the above points 1-5? My current understanding is that you can't and that is how I am interpreting CP4. What are people's thoughts on the subject. Here's a link to the clean page 4 I alluded to that shows the new point 3 region in bright blue.

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/34/price-volume-relationship-6320-3.html#post71050

5aa70f3d7d1ab_dailyJuly-Oct.thumb.jpg.0452fac513bd2deb11c6f3b0a9687692.jpg

Pre-filling the sequence log in anticipation of WMCN...

These are great, ehorn. Thank you for sharing!

Edited by rs5

Here is a current look at the DJI and the ES monthly bar charts for October 2009.

You will see resistance come into the picture now from price action of the 2004 - 2005 time frame on both the ES and DJI.

5aa70f3e595ce_djiresistance.thumb.jpg.5ab0ea772f0a6c3bb73cdc4aa8cdcfdc.jpg

5aa70f3e60ab6_2004-2005resistance-dn.channelrighttrendlinecontact.thumb.jpg.b79eafe318549289c583a772cb0ce6e3.jpg

Hello all,

After a few month break from studying this method (and from trading in general) I have decided to start over and try to ensure I have a solid understanding of the fundamental tenants of the method.

So, it seems starting at the first of this thread is exactly what I need. :)

Attached is my attempt at the tape drawing drill from 7/06/09 using the ten cases. My intention was to draw every possible two bar tape correctly. If anyone has time to look over this please feel free to point out any omissions or errors.

Also, if backtracking to the start of the thread is a derail or distraction please let me know.

Thanks!

70609es.thumb.png.4afbcd2eb44dd5ed6e4b4cd1d2292863.png

Spyder,

In this example there is a Dominant Lateral Traverse in the 3rd position to build a Channel.

1) Is this a valid scenario ?

2) Does the Lateral in this scenario as drawn ( Dominant Lateral Traverse ) take precedence and complete the traverse ?

5aa70f3ee9037_DominantLateralTraverse.1.jpg.d04fb141926819c4068011a73c269c20.jpg