Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

You know, eventually someone is going to have to let us in on what happened in that cab...:cinema:

Off topic warning:

Last years Expo, 2nd day in town, a few of us are making our way back to the hotel after a fun day of festivities (now by this time in the evening I am feeling no pain - if you catch my drift... :))

So we hail a cab, hop in, and tell the guy where to (~6-7 blocks away)... Now by his response, you would've thought this guy arrived in NYC one day later than me... Now I happened to be in the passengers seat and well - lets put it this way - I was somewhat dissatisfied with his keen sense of communication, direction, and efficiency of his intended route. But amazingly, after our brief chat, he somehow quickly came to his senses and found a very direct route to deliver us to our destination.

lol. Good times!

My take on 8/10-2009.

Comments welcome :)

Thanks for posting - Looks good... I was early on that PT3 call. I jumped from the DOM LAT onto a NON-DOM FF. When I take your excellent chart and remove the gap (and butcher it in MS Paint) something interesting appears... Sometimes I miss Ensign... (it had Gap removal built in - one click of the mouse).

:)

091008-MM.thumb.jpg.83bfce308a73740c70bbd053a252c975.jpg

Thanks for posting - Looks good... I was early on that PT3 call. I jumped from the DOM LAT onto a NON-DOM FF. When I take your excellent chart and remove the gap (and butcher it in MS Paint) something interesting appears... Sometimes I miss Ensign... (it had Gap removal built in - one click of the mouse).

:)

Yeah, I also noticed some bars being below PT3 in the first part of the AM traverse (if that's what you mean). I used the binary approach for deciding what to do. I ruled out all other possibilities, leaving me with a 5 point profit on a PT3 entry ;)

Gab-removal would be a very nice feature in TN.

Yeah, I also noticed some bars being below PT3 in the first part of the AM traverse (if that's what you mean). I used the binary approach for deciding what to do. I ruled out all other possibilities, leaving me with a 5 point profit on a PT3 entry ;)

Gab-removal would be a very nice feature in TN.

Nice trading... It is very cool to see how the market "sync's" between AH and RTH.

I believe Genesis is going to be at Vegas... I will add that to the list of Q's :)

this is like asking someone at the P/L thread: "Is this real?"

I disagree.

Just wondering if all those pretty lines everywhere actually make real money.

A simple question really. Anyone can draw lines after the fact and post pretty charts after the fact, but that doesn't mean much if it can't work in real-time.

I disagree.

A simple question really. Anyone can draw lines after the fact and post pretty charts after the fact, but that doesn't mean much if it can't work in real-time.

I agree... it is a simple question... Drawing lines in real-time definately helps a trader make money. They don't even need to be pretty to make money LOL!. Anyone is free to draw lines after the fact too. It is a great way to practice learning these techniques.

I believe Genesis is going to be at Vegas... I will add that to the list of Q's :)

They are going to be at Las Vegas (the VP for sure, and possibly their CEO), and even though (at least) two individuals have strongly encouraged Genesis to add a 'Gap Elimination' Option to their software, additional interest for said functionality expressed through direct contact should prove beneficial. ;) After all, The 'opening' gap isn't the only Gap which does not exist.

More on this in Las Vegas.

- Spydertrader

Oh, O.K. I guess since you are 'just wondering' about things, we should all come clean. You see, over the last five years, I've spent countless hours, building a worldwide conspiracy of individuals who have nothing better to do than invent incredibly unbelievable stories of amazing trading prowess. By last count, we have men and women stationed near the Black Sea and within the former Soviet Union, in and around financial centers throughout London, New York and Kuwait, across Australia and New Zealand and spanning many of the countries in Southeast Asia, in addition to having numerous agents embedded throughout Europe and across The United States. In short, any continent not completely covered in ice, and we have someone there spending their entire day posting on web sites for the sheer enjoyment of 'tricking people' into believing annotating 'pretty lines' on a Price and Volume Pane actually mean something. This vast, global conspiracy of individuals spends nights, weekends and every market day looking for unsuspecting neophytes of the trading world in an effort to recruit new members into 'the cult.'

Strangely enough, the above fictitious scenario represents a far more believable environment to most people who represent the 'just wondering' crowd than when I say (factually), "I sat with a gentleman 2 weeks ago who captured $22,000 USD in 5 days, and he considered that amount a bad week due to the low volatility of the market."

Some of the people you've 'disagreed' with in this thread already make nice coin. They just don't feel the need to prove it to you - or anyone else. Interestingly, most of the 'just wondering' crowd often mistakes the 'refusal to post proof' choice as 'failure to profit' rather than 'failure to care whether or not people believe they can profit.'

It's a binary choice world. Pick which scenario appears most plausable to you and let the rest of the world make their own choices as well.

I have always remained quite comforatable knowing a significant number of people who post on web sites believe my posts lack value. Hell, some have even suggested I am completely full of shit.

I'm cool with all of that. You should be too.

- Spydertrader