Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Nice PFC FJK... :) Put you on a nice footing to begin the day.

Thanks :) Yup, I nailed 8 points in the AM session (entered on bar 3). I ended early, nice way to start the weekend ;)

Your chart looked similar to mine, so I guess you entered long as well?

Thanks :) Yup, I nailed 8 points in the AM session (entered on bar 3). I ended early, nice way to start the weekend ;)

Nicely Done...

My take on 2/10-2009

Comments welcome :)

I track the same L1 and L2 gaussians and also see the OB as SoC. All those VE's on Thursday have me leaving my options open on L3. The market will provide me the certainty needed come Monday - (IMO, This is afforded as L2 is the sweet spot for 5M ADA.) :)

10022009.thumb.jpg.35a1fec837952a8df018bd32dc831072.jpg

Edited by ehorn

Sequences are complete. Start to look in the next bars ahead for a Signal of Change on the blue up traverse to indicate FTT + confirmation + point 1 of a new down traverse.

5aa70f33da42e_1052009snip2.png.852a8883fe7064a3116f397aa2ca29a0.png

Price is still bouncing around in this most recent lateral which is a bit more than "a few bars later" :) Default action = hold.

I see some potential SOCs but am not sure about them, classifying them as unconfirmed SOCs for now.

We've gotten enough L-R movement that this has stretched out the blue up traverse (eg fanning is appropriate. ?)

We are still past the point 3 of the blue up traverse (possibly forming a point 4 right now if you count the fan).

With finer tools perhaps you can trade within this lateral but at beginner level we are just waiting for it to end and fanning our up traverse as required in the meantime.

5aa70f33e7220_1052009snip3.png.d9ad323307e6b98011891e6e521b0510.png

I'm leaning towards thinking I have missed something on the last chart, so am revising it.

My new annotations place in a completed pink down traverse encompassing most of the lateral movement. So we formed the point 1 of a brand new blue traverse.

Less likely, is that that whole long set of laterals was itself a parallel (lateral) traverse.

Then less likely to either case is my original annotation was correct and we had a fanning creating the point 4, point 5. The recent up movement "feels" more like we just came from a point 1 than a point 5 is why I did this but am not sure why. (Not convinced of either case).

Of course it is very important as to if we just came from a point 5 versus a point 1. In the former, we are looking for SOC for a down traverse. In the latter (which I currently slightly favor) we came from a point 1 and are forming a point 2 so have no business looking for a down traverse.

5aa70f340b476_1052009snip4.thumb.png.4088230a3aefb144bbd2244f6566906c.png

If you started annotating all 3 gaussian fractals as has been recommended numerous times, perhaps you'll find the answers that you're looking for. There is only one correct way to annotate a chart. Not two, but one. The market will tell you which. Good luck :)

I'm leaning towards thinking I have missed something on the last chart, so am revising it.

My new annotations place in a completed pink down traverse encompassing most of the lateral movement. So we formed the point 1 of a brand new blue traverse.

Less likely, is that that whole long set of laterals was itself a parallel (lateral) traverse.

Then less likely to either case is my original annotation was correct and we had a fanning creating the point 4, point 5. The recent up movement "feels" more like we just came from a point 1 than a point 5 is why I did this but am not sure why. (Not convinced of either case).

Of course it is very important as to if we just came from a point 5 versus a point 1. In the former, we are looking for SOC for a down traverse. In the latter (which I currently slightly favor) we came from a point 1 and are forming a point 2 so have no business looking for a down traverse.

Edited by FJK
spelling

Monday 5 October 2009

Your chart shows:

09:45 to 10:10 as B2B

10:10 to 10:45 as R2R

10:45 to 11:50 as B2B

This cannot be a valid sequence.

Your chart shows:

09:45 to 10:10 as B2B

10:10 to 10:45 as R2R

10:45 to 11:50 as B2B

This cannot be a valid sequence.

why?

can you illustrate?

why?

can you illustrate?

An R2R cannot immediately follow a B2B on the same fractal. Likewise, a B2B cannot immediately follow an R2R on the same fractal. The mandatory sequence is B2B2R2B or R2R2B2R on every fractal - no shortcuts, no incomplete sequences, on any fractal.

An R2R cannot immediately follow a B2B on the same fractal. Likewise, a B2B cannot immediately follow an R2R on the same fractal. The mandatory sequence is B2B2R2B or R2R2B2R on every fractal - no shortcuts, no incomplete sequences, on any fractal.

. . . and there lies the answer to volume leads price,always and without exception ;)

Is a fractal allowed to VE into a 'higher' fractal? i.e., a tape becoming a traverse, a traverse becoming a channel (on p2- p3 move)

My view of the day...

Thanks ehorn, careful in the vegas cabs dude.

couple questions:

1. the down tape at 1115 you started a dn traverse, my view was a lower fractal sequence as I thought up needed more to complete. 1240 was my completion. care to explain your thoughts in that area? plz

2. if the 1605 bar was increasing volume would that change anything for you?

Thanks ehorn, careful in the vegas cabs dude.

:rofl: ...Perhaps I should stay within walking distance... Hope to see you out there!

couple questions:

1. the down tape at 1115 you started a dn traverse, my view was a lower fractal sequence as I thought up needed more to complete. 1240 was my completion. care to explain your thoughts in that area?

The CO sequences had me looking for completion of 2B (tape). The AM sentiment pushed a CO tape VE so we anticipate a re-cycle (back down and back up the mountain - so to speak) again and I perceived this re-cycle as being satisfied @ 11:10 ET. So since I have satisfied this sequence, I am looking for a new sequence - in this case a non-dom one to take price to PT3 of the higher fractal.

So volume then begins to decline until we come to our first peak @ 11:45 (Red), followed by trough, then another (lower) peak (red) @ 11:55. So I labelled it as R2R... WMCN? This is how I perceived the area. HTH.

All time Eastern and {close-of}

2. if the 1605 bar was increasing volume would that change anything for you?

No...

Edited by ehorn

My take on 5/10-2009

I didn't trade the somewhat 'messy' AM session. Comments welcome :)

Very clear chart and excellent annotations, particularly the laterals + SOCs. I'll continue to look it over in more detail, thanks! :)

Monday, October 5, 2009

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

5aa70f3630bc9_Oct52009B.thumb.PNG.4ed425e719803ca50573d2519110b465.PNG

5aa70f363701f_Oct62009A.thumb.PNG.9a94e50650bdd30ebb17fc2aa47c66c0.PNG