Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

... I'll continue to re read the 2009, instructions, ...

The quote below was addressed to me, but you may find it useful as well. The 2nd half of '08 IR contains some discussions which may be helpful in achieving the consistency of gaussian annotations.

"Your current 'view' of the market as transitioning from increasing to decreasing to increasing again (in terms of Volume) doesn't provide the most accurate interpretation. Instead, monitor from the standpoint of dominant to non-dominant and back to dominant again.

Use the Gaussians as an 'indicator' of dominance in order to have them 'match' the trend lines. On many of my charts, the non-dominant portion of the Gaussians do not have the same color as the Volume bars tracked. In other words, the Gaussian lines track dominant vs non-dominant Price Movement, rather than Volume bar coloration. The subtle difference often sits where one finds the market 'mode'.

HTH.

- Spydertrader"

10-04-08 12:40 PM

The questions I am asking are not the right ones, or I am not able to see the correct answer at this point.

So I think for the benefit of others, I'll continue to re read the 2009, instructions, and abstain from posting on this thread.

- Monkman

Your questions are very helpful as I am also struggling with many of the same issues. Please continue to post so we can all accelerate our learning together.

Wednesday 26 August 2009 - somewhere between 10:20 and noon I got lost...then at 13:00 followed the b2b 2r 2b pattern and worked my way back. Still trying to figure out whether it was the correct market's view.

es-09Aug26-2.thumb.jpg.30267349e0fedecaa2e38807ec007e04.jpg

I've annotated some areas differently.

Thank you, very interesting! Will you also share what your tape gaussians looks like in that area please? I was struggling somewhat trying to build the tape gaussians into the traverse ones.

Edited by rs5

Thank you, very interesting! Will you also share what your tape gaussians looks like in that area please? I was struggling somewhat trying to build the tape gaussians into the traverse ones.
My L1 gaussians for that area.

more.gif.46eecb36e39eaf5107044140f9b9c026.gif

I've annotated some areas differently.

Thank you for feedback. The reason I annotated the green up channel was because I had three traverses contained within channel. First the clearly dminant up traverse, then the non-dominant traverse on decreasing volume, then the up traverse on lower volume, but the black volume was slightly more than the red within the traverse. 1,2,3, sequence complete, look for change, which is exactly what happened cause the green up channel FTT'ed at 12:15 on increasing black volume. However, the red down channel started from an FTT of the blue up traverse at 10:30, not from the FTT of the green up channel I had annotated. Sooooo, I can see your point about there really not being a up channel associated with that. I'm still learning here so I really appreciate the comments.

Thank you.:cool:

Daily chart volume: looks like finishing 2r leg then 2b to come?

Hey rs5. Not that it's particularly of consequence but my thanks to you was occasioned by not enough sleep and pressing the wrong icon:doh:. In any case your original interpretation though not unreasonable was erroneous but you already know that. If I might be so bold as to suggest that if you can determine why the FTT at 13:20 on 8-26 was faux for a traverse completion while the FTT at 11:05 on 8-27 was not, then deciphering the myriad of x2x2y2x sequences may become more straightforward. IMO, rigorous attention to how one draws one's tapes and hence constructs one's channel lines can facilitate the correct deconvolution of the Gaussians. The two are inextricably linked.

is this the R2R B2 R2 sequence that Spydertrader is illustrating?

What you show looks like the right sequence. But perhaps someone who knows can comment on that also.

Hey rs5. Not that it's particularly of consequence but my thanks to you was occasioned by not enough sleep and pressing the wrong icon:doh:. In any case your original interpretation though not unreasonable was erroneous but you already know that.

Perhaps it was subconscious? :) To remove a Thank you simply look to the right of the Thank you and press the "Remove" button.

BTW that chart you are referring to is a daily chart. Which error are you referring to please?

If I might be so bold as to suggest that if you can determine why the FTT at 13:20 on 8-26 was faux for a traverse completion while the FTT at 11:05 on 8-27 was not, then deciphering the myriad of x2x2y2x sequences may become more straightforward. IMO, rigorous attention to how one draws one's tapes and hence constructs one's channel lines can facilitate the correct deconvolution of the Gaussians. The two are inextricably linked.

Do you mean that on 8/26 price bounced off the RTL, but on 8/27 it broke out of the RTL? If not, please provide a snippet to illustrate your thought.