Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Volume leads Price. Always. And without exception.

...Succinctly, unless and until the components of one fractal reach completion, the next slower fractal cannot begin. It trading terms, unless and until the Volume Cycle Sequences reach completion, the current Price Trend cannot end...

QFT... Every Fractal contains the exact same components. Learning to observe them manifest is the process of differentiation.

08212009.thumb.jpg.9018230cc8b1e88efc69aaff8382c0c7.jpg

08212009.jpg
... somehow or rather, 11:50 (8/21) doesn't seem like a Point 2 of the Traverse to me. Perhaps for the same reason, that 12:35 (7/15) wasn't. In fact, I can't seem to put even the skinny gaussians on the volume pane for the last two trading days. Feels a bit freaky.:)

... somehow or rather, 11:50 (8/21) doesn't seem like a Point 2 of the Traverse to me. Perhaps for the same reason, that 12:35 (7/15) wasn't. In fact, I can't seem to put even the skinny gaussians on the volume pane for the last two trading days. Feels a bit freaky.:)

Hey romanus,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I can see your view. Perhaps I have annotated sub-fractals. I still find it astonishing that the sequences can be observed within internals. :cool:

Attached is gaussian diagram superimposed on one of Spydertrader's annotated charts. I have drawn in two arrows that point out areas where the volume gaussians are labeled differently than the diagram. Am I blind or is this labeling clearly different?

I am struggling like many others trying to get the volume annotations down. Is there anything else that can be said that would help us label these volume bars correctly?

Thanks,

-Monkman

03-20-2006-es-5min2.thumb.jpg.999605028c21ece7fbda41428df38efd.jpg

Attached is gaussian diagram superimposed on one of Spydertrader's annotated charts. I have drawn in two arrows that point out areas where the volume gaussians are labeled differently than the diagram. Am I blind or is this labeling clearly different?

I am struggling like many others trying to get the volume annotations down. Is there anything else that can be said that would help us label these volume bars correctly?

Thanks,

-Monkman

I was actually curious to understand what you're showing and asking, but I couldn't figure it out ...

Hey romanus,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I can see your view. Perhaps I have annotated sub-fractals. I still find it astonishing that the sequences can be observed within internals. :cool:

This is the way I've annotated that area:

08212009.jpg.c84e71e38e85d37b0cbe222d9a00336f.jpg

01-17-08 08:16 AM

Quote from dkm:

Frequently I see increasing volume on the non dom traverse from pt2 to pt3 and then pt3 forms with decreasing volume in the dominant direction. This is not a rare occurence and it continues to confuse me.

Three things create the scenario you describe.

1. Formation Break Outs (as you have in your clip)

2. 'Missed' (ommitted annotation) channels

3. Intra-Bar Gaussian Shift (Price switches from Dominant to Non-Dominant Intra-Bar)

If you have any (or a combination) of the three, anticipate seeing increasing Volume on the Non-Dominant Traverse.

- Spydertrader

Referring to the gaussian diagram, it says, "Increasing Red Gaussian until price will not go any lower within the down channel."

And on the first page of this thread it says, "volume leads price always without exception." So how far in advance can you expect for volume to tell you when, "price will not go any lower within the down channel."

If there is anyway to give a more specific explanation or another illustration of what "leading" volume means?

gaussianQ.jpg.e5ae748be7867e35f5ae5d15c705fe69.jpg

Attached is gaussian diagram superimposed on one of Spydertrader's annotated charts. I have drawn in two arrows that point out areas where the volume gaussians are labeled differently than the diagram. Am I blind or is this labeling clearly different? ...

Please review post #396, third sentence.

Referring to the gaussian diagram, it says, "Increasing Red Gaussian until price will not go any lower within the down channel."

And on the first page of this thread it says, "volume leads price always without exception." So how far in advance can you expect for volume to tell you when, "price will not go any lower within the down channel."

If there is anyway to give a more specific explanation or another illustration of what "leading" volume means?

Let me try this, although I anticipate that you'll not be satisfied.

5aa70f19139d0_03-20-2006-es-5min2pv.jpg.25b75dcd559ea949d8a44e1b4910ddee.jpg

Morning Trade... Doing the MADA - Gathering Data Sets - Continuation or Change...

Thank you so much, that was very helpful!!

I believe the two accelerated RTL's were significant.

Thank you so much!! I appreciate your input.

Please - what does "accelerated" mean?

Edited by rs5

Duplicated reply. Don't know how to delete it ...

Okay, Thank you, I see the additional blue up RTL and red down RTL that you show. I appreciate that. When that happens, I guess the market is indicating increased momentum in that direction? Which means I should be alerted to??

It looks like it is forming a wedge which means be on alert for a reversal?

Okay, Thank you, I see the additional blue up RTL and red down RTL that you show. I appreciate that. When that happens, I guess the market is indicating increased momentum in that direction? Which means I should be alerted to??

It looks like it is forming a wedge which means be on alert for a reversal?

I just see it as the new rtl. Don't care for wedges, but a steeper rtl is easier to break.

Let me try this, although I anticipate that you'll not be satisfied.

I really appreciate your help. Very few people like yourself have gotten this trading style down, so I can't thank you enough for your comments.

I suppose the issue is one of two things: The questions I am asking are not the right ones, or I am not able to see the correct answer at this point.

So I think for the benefit of others, I'll continue to re read the 2009, instructions, and abstain from posting on this thread.

- Monkman