Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Here's my first chart posting. I want to thank everyone for participating in this thread. It has been enlightening and helpful for me. I want to especially thank Spydertrader for showing us the "how" and "where" of learning how to learn.

I worked off of the beginning point that point 1 of the forming up traverse began 14:50 of 8/6. I saw point 2 as 13:35 of 8/7. That made the 9:35 bar today as point 2 of the forming down tape and bounded the rest of the day in the carryover tape. I was anticipating the completion of the down tape and a traverse point 3 which arrived at 14:20 today.

I need to do a review to see if this view has been confirmed or invalidated by the market.

+1 for this MADA... :)

08102009.thumb.jpg.f3b55448ab3c3ac8709b195ebb5243e9.jpg

This is my first attempt at doing the beginning drill of labeling only the price pane with tapes and formations. I did this real time during the AM, so there might be some mistakes. Any comments would help.

Thanks,

- Monkman

IMAGE0212.thumb.jpg.7458550c7d2f833a1160e3b1b9d9092f.jpg

If you wish to see everything needed, focus on the current market (specifically from 7/13/2009 to present day).

I plan to post a drill covering this time period within the next few days.

Hi Spydertrader, a very nice thread. I would very much like to see and do drills covering this period.

2009-07-30_ES_60_01.thumb.png.33e2dbd65affed835a63d4fd95296280.png

2009-08-11_ES_60_01.thumb.png.b3382ca1e956a50ae9e68148af8bc598.png

In this thread, I have placed the focus on 'learning to learn' from the market itself, understanding the process of differentiation and focusing on how one knows the market has provided certainty.

One need not 'go back in time' to focus on these things.

If you wish to see everything needed, focus on the current market (specifically from 7/13/2009 to present day).

Would I be correct in my understanding that what you are saying is that the last 4+ weeks worth of charts, give or take a few, contain most possible ways in which the market can build tapes, traverses and channels and that these same 4+ weeks worth of charts should provide sufficient set of market circumstances that one can learn the correct logic of gaussian annotation from as well. In other words, the initial set of charts to focus on doesn't need to contain more than the last 4+ weeks worth of charts ? Thanks.

After reading over this thread a couple times, it has been reinforced that this is about self discovery. So with that said, what kind of questions would be appropriate to ask? I am already starting to wonder what truths lie in the formation we are labeling. For example, we are using only price right now, but when we begin to use volume will it tell us if a FBP will create a bearish continuation or fail on the 3rd bar where its suppose to break through to new lows from the previous two bar support? Just looking at price I have seen variations of successful b/o from a FTB/FBP, where the trend continues in the b/o direction. On the flip side, I have seen where these fail to b/o , or just reverse in price contra to the formation. Am I on track?

For example, we are using only price right now, but when we begin to use volume will it tell us if a FBP will create a bearish continuation or fail on the 3rd bar where its suppose to break through to new lows from the previous two bar support?

From what I understand we always want to include volume. - EZ

Tuesday, August 11, 2009.

Hi Romanus,

I'm working on drawing guassians and found something on your chart that continues to trip me up---beginnig at 15:50 there are 3 consecutive IRV bars that cross a RTL---yet you draw the guassian as DRV.

What is there to support this view other than the perceived point within the current cycle (B2R2B)

Obviously, this a.m. proved this view correct---I just wish it made sense to me.

Thanks

Edited by Boux

You just gotta love those A.M. rips to confirm your PFC... :)

Hey ehorn. Tell me that you nailed the PFC for yesterdy's open and I'll put you on my Christmas card list with possibly a tiny gift tacked on. All kidding aside, nice grab from the pool.

Hey ehorn. Tell me that you nailed the PFC for yesterdy's open and I'll put you on my Christmas card list with possibly a tiny gift tacked on. All kidding aside, nice grab from the pool.

No, I did not get that one correct. But by 9:50 am ET on 8/11 - things were a bit more clear to me. :)

No, I did not get that one correct. But by 9:50 am ET on 8/11 - things were a bit more clear to me. :)

Yes. That was a sneaky one, but once again, PV comes to the rescue. It is historically interesting that the 15 min synch wait espoused by Jack is of a length equal to the old 15 min 'retail quote delay'. Coincidental perhaps, but it is surprising (or not) how often the bar 4 break gets one going in the correct direction.

In other words, ...

Either I randomly picked 7/13/2009 as a starting point (up to and including present day), or the market provided something quite important during this period of time.

Care to guess which? :helloooo:

:D :D :D :D

- Spydertrader

Either I randomly picked 7/13/2009 as a starting point (up to and including present day), or the market provided something quite important during this period of time.

Care to guess which? :helloooo:

:D :D :D :D

- Spydertrader

I'll go with randomly picked.:spam:

I haven't posted anything in quite a while so I thought I'd post my chart for today.

The olive up tape represents P1-2 of the first 5 min traverse of a new up channel, which began at 1615 Friday. The previous red channel RTL is just visible in the left hand side of the chart, as is the previous pink traverse RTL.

I will have to adjust my view if the market proves it wrong tomorrow...

8-12-09.thumb.png.d9c6ceaab04d333f9af825e6d1b95589.png

Edited by treeline
grammar

My attempt at PFC:

PFC 2009-08-13

what's there:			what must come next:

60:	up tape
D LAT (rr tracking) => P2
					non-dom way to P3

15:	up tape			
structured LAT => P2
down tape