Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Thanks 203NG, river, cnms2.

I have over the years reviewed how Jack described these internal trend formations (hitch, dip, stall) occurring in dominant tape-like price movement in his Channels for Building Wealth document and a few very old posts.

Do you consider they might occur other than in pennant patterns or lateral formations in a price movement? I mean in translation case.

Please look here

Has anyone managed to come up with some decent autochannels for ninja?The one on ET`s Hershey soft thread i don`t quite like,since,first it`s DLL,and second,lots of things seems to hardcoded and haven`t been exposed in properties.

Cheers to all!

"Do you consider they might occur other than in pennant patterns or lateral formations in a price movement? I mean in translation case."

They are all pennants,besides Hitch - harmonic, OB and IB.In other words they are all ''not quiet hitches'',but with the noticable retraces.The most powerful ones occur EXACTLY in the translations cases.

For someone who`s asked about the Laterals.They are very powerful,but,in my case,i`m not like Spyder who knows exactly where it ends,but i immediately ''break it down'' instead,as soon as it appears.Usually,lots of useful information is veiled inside the Lats.

What does this mean, please explain.

To find out what this means you have to have all the cases straight on your display.If that`s the case,please post the chart.

To find out what this means you have to have all the cases straight on your display.If that`s the case,please post the chart.

You made a statement, what do you mean by the statement?

(Вы сделали заявление, что вы подразумеваете под заявлением)

you made a statement, what do you mean by the statement?

(Вы сделали заявление, что вы подразумеваете под заявлением)

Я подразумеваю,что если ты хочешь узнать как все устроено и работает - бери мяч и хуячь!

Я подразумеваю,что если ты хочешь узнать как все устроено и работает - бери мяч и хуячь!

I hope you don't kiss your mother with that filthy mouth :haha:

Please look here

I disagree. It is either we don't understand fully or Mr Jack Hershey was spitting nonsense. I can't follow Spydertrader's method.

Edited by SK0

I disagree. It is either we don't understand fully or Mr Jack Hershey was spitting nonsense. I can't follow Spydertrader's method.

You are disagreed on what?

All Flaws are non-dominants and Action is Hold, unless something changed and Volume will give you the clue.

Jack's or spydertrader's methods - it's doesn't matter.

It's would be very interesting if you could describe differences between the two methods, please. :)

Stepan

Edited by stepan7

I have over the years reviewed how Jack described these internal trend formations (hitch, dip, stall) occurring in dominant tape-like price movement in his Channels for Building Wealth document and a few very old posts.

Do you consider they might occur other than in pennant patterns or lateral formations in a price movement? I mean in translation case.

I don't think in terms of "flaws", but in terms of the "10 cases", of which only 2 are "translations"; the rest are "internals" (including the outside bar).

They can appear anywhere in a tape, and are price formations, independent of volume.

Wasn't there a PDF posted to this thread over the weekend? I cannot seem to locate the post

Edit: found that PDF I was looking for, was in a different thread on a different forum

Edited by bh_trade

I don't think in terms of "flaws", but in terms of the "10 cases", of which only 2 are "translations"; the rest are "internals" (including the outside bar).

They can appear anywhere in a tape, and are price formations, independent of volume.

That is not true, an internal with increasing volume are treated differently to internals with decreasing volume. This whole method is dependent upon volume and to simply ignore volume due to internals being price formations is reckless.

In the Vegas conference Todd specifically differentiated between such cases.

That is not true, an internal with increasing volume are treated differently to internals with decreasing volume. This whole method is dependent upon volume and to simply ignore volume due to internals being price formations is reckless.

In the Vegas conference Todd specifically differentiated between such cases.

This is why this thread died, and all attempts to restart it failed.

hello everybody

I have put in alot of time in studying this method. It looks very nice but when it come to live trading i did not have any success.

I am wondering if anybody here is using this method as their daily income?

If yes do you think it is possible to achieve this just by reading the thread?

What is your advice

Thanks

Hence the reason why advise is given only to read Spydertraders posts on TL and ET. No point is reading others BS.:spam:

Hence the reason why advise is given only to read Spydertraders posts on TL and ET. No point is reading others BS.:spam:

This is exactly reason, why I posted Pr0crast's pdf digest from ET.

Edited by stepan7

One problem I've noticed on this blog is that folks tend to get caught up in the fact that they "know something", and are obviously proud of it. So, instead of open discussion and Q&A, which might lead to an epiphone or two...it turns into a monologue/lecture, or riddles where one person is setting the other straight. Via their expertise either real or imagined. Or insinuating that someone hasn't analyzed, studied, nor learned anything. That's always a good one.

One problem I've noticed on this blog is that folks tend to get caught up in the fact that they "know something", and are obviously proud of it. So, instead of open discussion and Q&A, which might lead to an epiphone or two...it turns into a monologue/lecture, or riddles where one person is setting the other straight. Via their expertise either real or imagined. Or insinuating that someone hasn't analyzed, studied, nor learned anything. That's always a good one.

Most people on this forum have an intellectual property identity crisis. They feel this method belongs to themselves. Most people are not smart enough to grasp it in its entirety. Some recreate their own version based on their understanding and others use pieces.

All Flaws are non-dominants and Action is Hold, unless something changed and Volume will give you the clue.

Stepan

To make it clear.

HTH

39674d1433215288-price-volume-relationship-flaws1.jpg

flaws0.thumb.jpg.3c6f9b27730b58df26991d5dc05dc40d.jpg

flaws1.thumb.jpg.a4572ef9d761955d54de5e7c3cbfcf7e.jpg

Edited by stepan7

To make it clear.

HTH

39674d1433215288-price-volume-relationship-flaws1.jpg

Crisp and clear. Just do the work and result is just a byproduct right?:) just kidding. great post.

I would disagree with hitch and dip though.

5aa71250c2795_1carpikerfromguru..thumb.png.7d6c0fe5cb658e1dfc59991c5d2de334.png

Edited by gucci
Addition

To make it clear.

HTH[/img]

Stepan, most of those seem to amount to a 2-bar formation with an internal (SYM, FBP, etc) with a BO to the dom side. To summarize, then that's a "hold" because it's not a signal for change yet, even if it could be a a FTT bar technically.

Is that a fair summary or not really? What I'm wondering is, what if those BO bars (the last bar in each diagram) is on decreasing volume? That is some sort of SOC in an of itself, in that case. So would that change the perspective, or would it still be a "hold" due to how it occurred? Could you expand or share your views on this angle?

Jack's or spydertrader's methods - it's doesn't matter.

It's would be very interesting if you could describe differences between the two methods, please. :)

Stepan

Do I have to respond, sigh? That 2006 post you pointed to was telling us to ignore flaws. I disagree. No?

Flaws are not merely hitch, dip or stall. FTT is a flaw too according to Jack Hershey. (Don't ask me to dig out the proof.) So, should one hold for any kind of flaw? The P V relationship says if volume bar shows decline (exclude inside bar case), price trend will change soon (with FTT). In reality, price sometimes continues to advance. Maybe, understanding flaws will help. I know the concept of flaws is suck to many people and I used to think that way too. Jack Hershey did not explain clearly to our satisfaction.

I don't think that Jack Hershey ever mentioned hitch, dip or stall flaws as non-dominant. He said they are different kinds of pauses or taking a breath INSIDE a dominant traverse (in his terminology interchangeable with tape or tape-like traverse) when price advances. In other words, fan the traverse container. I also noted that he did not mention they must be in pennant or inside bar pattern.

Come on, you know very well that Jack Hershey's method(s) and Spydertrader's method(s) are totally different except they are based on the same basic principles. Even their methods changed drastically over time again and again.

I lean on some concepts from Jack Hershey that I find useful though they may appear outdated to others. I respect their choice.

Thanks for the reply. "Ten cases" were invented after the flaws. It is popular. I respect the choice.

Come on, you know very well that Jack Hershey's method(s) and Spydertrader's method(s) are totally different except they are based on the same basic principles. Even their methods changed drastically over time again and again.

Can you explain how they are different?

And what the differences are?

Could you list them?

Stepan