Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Enjoy and remember... each line and bar are as important as every letter in a word. One must know every letter in a word to understand the meaning of the word just like one has to be able to understand every word in a sentence to comprehend the meaning of the sentence. The same holds true for the paragraph in a chapter and so on. Happy reading.

05152015.thumb.png.f9461c7d11ef2641c8c8909035dbbb14.png

Edited by gucci

Btw,on the posted chart there are only two signals of change on the traverse level. Which ones? Why?

Both are pt1 of traverse

18:15 pennant FBO

15:35

I dont see the 15:35, however 1540 did cross the previous RTL

Both are pt1 of traverse

How about Peak Volume (and spikyness of this bar)? What about 20:10 ? We have a lateral formation FBO there. Why doesn`t it constitute traverse level change ?

Edited by gucci

Both are pt1 of traverse

Another one for those interested. Why the first set of down trend lines do not contain a traverse?

How about Peak Volume (and spykiness of this bar)? What about 20:10 ? We have a lateral formation FBO there. Why doesn`t it constitute traverse level change ?

Thanks

I did notice the peak volume, but I ignored it . From my understanding peak volume needs to be 3 increasing bars all in the same direction. In this case the prior bar is a down formation

My data was a little different for the lateral FBO, for me it closed outside on increasing volume. I see on your chart it closed on the line. A side note that is pt3 of the traverse.

Do you trade the pt1 and pt3 of traverses?

Thanks for taking the time, much appreciated.

Another one for those interested. Why the first set of down trend lines do not contain a traverse?

Looking at your gaussians pt2 is inside your previous traverse (thick orange container)

Looking at your gaussians pt2 is inside your previous traverse (thick orange container)

Good oservation. What else? It is actually staring right at you.

Thanks

Do you trade the pt1 and pt3 of traverses?

Thanks for taking the time, much appreciated.

It depends on pace and where I am in the sequence on a larger fractal (channel). I can only answer yes and no.

You are welcome. Du not forget to post your charts to facilitate the discussion. Like Spyder used to say, you do not need my charts, the market always schows you the right one at end of the day. Use the crisp clean logic and the resulting "rules".

Good oservation. What else? It is actually staring right at you.

I must be blind. :)

There is an FTT at 10:10 (FBP), equal low.

Unless you dont use internals as FTT's. We did exit the Lat on the opposite side so something completed inside.

I must be blind. :)

There is an FTT at 10:10 (FBP), equal low.

Unless you dont use internals as FTT's. We did exit the Lat on the opposite side so something completed inside.

Now what about the first increasing red? Where does it close? Where sits it's low in a tape ? What does it mean? Is it dominant? How many clues do you need? :)

Edited by gucci

The low of the bar is still inside the previous tape, so we have not arrived at p2 yet. The bar also closed back inside the previous bar. I think Sydertrader referred to this as lateral movement.(CCC)

Hopefully others will participate.

Thanks for leading this discussion

Now what about the first increasing red? Where does it close? Where sits it's low in a tape ? What does it mean? Is it dominant? How many clues do you need? :)

Your first incr red gaussian has pace acceleration, which means that container could be a tape. If not for the fact that that tape would have to FTT outside the prior Traverse's RTL. I've got it breaking the prior Tape's RTL, but since the prior tape was an Up Tape3 as far as I can tell... we can't use PA to promote to a Tape until we also can FTT outside the Traverse RTL. Of course I could have been off on my fractals. If so, and if your medium weight brown TL is a Traverse RTL then I might see what you're describing?

If your brown TL wasn't for a Traverse, then that down thing couldn't be a Tape and the close "in the zone" means rebuild down tape. Which may or may not have happened depending on where in the fractals we were to start with.

See attached. Comments? Suggestions? Ahas? :)

The former is the FTT of something and a stitch long, the latter is the Pt3 of something and an IBGS that exhibited continuation before reversing. But I'm not sure how else you might mean the question?

The former is the FTT of something and a stitch long, the latter is the Pt3 of something and an IBGS that exhibited continuation before reversing. But I'm not sure how else you might mean the question?

Lets point out the similarities first. To what extent are they similar?

Lets point out the similarities first. To what extent are they similar?

Similarities: They both involve increasing volume and they both involve a mode change.

Dissimilarities that I'm aware of so far: one breaks a prior container TL and the other doesn't.

I agree with the previous poster, they are at different OOE.

The first one crosses a RTL but closes back inside(FBO). It also closes back inside the previous bar. It is a stitch formation. Volume is increasing. That is expected since pace increases as the approach 4:00pm.

The second one is an IBGS, Sentiment has shifted form a short mode to a long mode. Volume is also increasing. Mode is continuation

I am unsure as to what else there may be.

Hint from the market: they both form a point three.

Both of the bars are followed by an increasing volume.

Now the MAIN DIFFERENCE... come on.

Why the bar after the first bar can not constutute PEAK VOL whereas the bar after the second bar can and does?

Anyone else willing to join the discussion?