Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

3. Agreed. Not profitable

Unlike your handle suggests, you seem to be logically challenged:

1. Statement: "anybody who charges for trading advice is not profitable trading"

2. Don miller is a trader- proof: his record, publicly available

3. Don miller teaches, and for a fee- proof: see above

4. Don miller is profitable, audited. Hint: you said so yourself, a post ago.

5. Therefore, 1. Is incorrect.

Conclusion: not ALL traders who teach for a fee are unprofitable. Or. As spyder used to say "all poodles are dogs but not all dogs are poodles".

And no- in case this is misunderstood again-this is not a plug or an offer to teach you for money :-)

Ok, back to the regular scheduled program.

Another example is a guy recommended by jack h. himself, as in "great traders you never heard of", john netto . If I had time, I would look up the posts for you on et. Jack actually met him at an expo, and they see eye to eye. John wrote books and teaches ( for a fee). He wrote a book called "hit and run trading". Are you guys now saying jack does not know what a profitable trader is?

Another one is Gail mercer, mentioned by Corey a few posts ago. Very nice lady, she has a room, and she scalps successfully.

:-)

Edited by vienna

This thread is out of control. John is merely charging for his time, he has every right to do so.

Instead of wasting time with rants. Post chats!

Antagonism is not constructive

Hi guys, I hope everything is ok and you make some progress. Can you tell me how can I post some charts here? The site is shitty though...

Welcome back!

Please click on below attachments...

attachment.thumb.png.4b591c834d424150b367a0bc2ff0bcbf.png

upload.png.1cb00eb7eff41d3193683c5d995bb102.png

There are two attachments to my previous post. They were crops from this onepager:

Thanks cnms2,

there`s also should be an additional annotation to the image.Are you aware of?If so,please post it as well.

Best!

5aa71237369fe_attachment(2).thumb.jpg.da8a98ce3a53feb881473933caecffca.jpg

There are two attachments to my previous post. They were crops from this onepager:

Yeah i know,thanks.By the additional info i meant the narration on how to read those columns,what the 18% scale actually represents,etc.I saw it somewhere on ET so long ago that i forgot.May be you can provide this information in this thread.Appreciate!

Yeah i know,thanks.By the additional info i meant the narration on how to read those columns,what the 18% scale actually represents,etc.I saw it somewhere on ET so long ago that i forgot.May be you can provide this information in this thread.Appreciate!
You could google for: "jack hershey onepager pvt site:www.elitetrader.com"

This is one search result: Jack Hershey Method Since 2008 | Page 4 | Elite Trader.

I would like to hear from people trading using this method if full or in part?

Which components do you find are the most useful (if any)

I have heard of people using the R2R or B2B component in option trading.

I have traded it full time for quite some time now, but your question is a difficult one. All of the elements work together in harmony, so I'm not sure how one would go about breaking it down into pieces of useful information that would successfully stand alone. (although I think Mr. Black did this to some extent - if you remember him) The volume sequences you reference (b2b2r2b & r2r2b2r) are absolutely essential in knowing when the order of events has reached completion. But, it's more complex than just tracking these volume sequences. Peaks/troughs, lower troughs/higher peaks, dom direction vs nondom direction - these elements all factor in to analyzing volume as we look for continuation vs completion. Volume, however, doesn't function exclusively on it's own. We have to know when/if we can use volume within laterals, the type of lateral, did price break the lat boundary, volume following formation patterns (Spyder's ten cases), etc.

Then there's the analysis of containers in which price travels from one point to another. Knowing when to fan a container, when to accel a container, what to do if you get a VE, all of these things play a critical role imho. Spyder taught us that the market is fractal, but I found that hard to see until I clearly understood the relationship of trendlines to price/volume.

Essentially, I believe the most important element for me is volume. If I were forced to only use one component it would definitely be volume sequencing. The downside to that is that many of those trades would result in wash trades if/when I discovered that the volume sequence was going to repeat (continuation instead of change).

Edited by jbarnby

FTT, on all fractals.

I found the laterals the most powerful formation.Once you divide them into "black and white",just like a chess board,you`ll start to see - who`s who,what`s what.

Cheers!

I found the laterals the most powerful formation.Once you divide them into "black and white",just like a chess board,you`ll start to see - who`s who,what`s what.

Cheers!

Spyder always said he could tell which direction a lateral would exit based on the first bar. I hope you are that proficient :cool:

Edited by xioxxio