Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Can anyone post this chart without annotations? (preferably from Trade Navigator)

H.

Fashionably late. ;)

This should cover it:

10-13-2010.thumb.png.104af6956d7cf5618fadc25a29fcfd10.png

10-14-2010.thumb.png.edccafbbc401868803fbf813d2f2f834.png

10-15-2010.thumb.png.c59bc06ceed30c9f1bfd85b36b3ba4d6.png

5aa711f2d321d_10-15-201015m.thumb.png.672e433f1dcbce5397973ab7c23bd187.png

Jbarnby- thanks a lot for posting your charts.

Inspired, I got back to work on this recently. Attached is a chart from 8/28 (done after hours). Thin blue is tape, thin magenta is 'below' that, medium lines are traverses. The end effects of the two traverses (and pt 3 of the second) are giving me some heartburn.

Any suggestions for improvement, or just error identification would be greatly appreciated.

moosie-082820013v2.thumb.png.cc10db7a68cf53dee88352d8804b393e.png

I'm currently making a charting program that can visualise any period of any ohlc data on a chart. I have ES 5 minute ohlc data starting from april 2009 up till now, execpt the 2 months I mention above. In attach you can see a screenshot of what it does. It's a basic degapped and correctly colored chart of a known channel as discussed somewhere in this thread.

Next on my list is displaying internals. (so called yellows)

This brings me to the following question, besides 2 consecutive closes outside a lateral, what is the other event that ends a lateral?

--

innersky

channel.thumb.png.9ca3a8c72f52746446508315d9d3c7b6.png

I'm currently making a charting program that can visualise any period of any ohlc data on a chart. I have ES 5 minute ohlc data starting from april 2009 up till now, execpt the 2 months I mention above. In attach you can see a screenshot of what it does. It's a basic degapped and correctly colored chart of a known channel as discussed somewhere in this thread.

This brings me to the following question, besides 2 consecutive closes outside a lateral, what is the other event that ends a lateral?

--

innersky

It looks great. Well done. Spyders toolset on TN kills a lateral with an IBGS and an OB that pokes outside (close does not matter). You need 3 closes outside if 1st two are part of formation.

HTH

--

innersky

No, it is not correctly degapped.

So why do you think it isn't correctly degapped? Sidenote: I did not degap every bar, only between days.

--

innersky

EVERY bar has to be degapped according to Jack's current guidelines.

--

innersky

Hi innersky,

Thank you for your planning to code indicators for lateral formation. The updated rule for ending a lateral is here---

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/technical-analysis/6320-price-volume-relationship-501.html#post179301

Conditions that End a Lateral:

1. 2 bar closes outside that in of themselves do not create a formation.

2. OB (regardless of the bars close, on increasing volume over the previous bar) that pierces upper and /or lower boundary on increasing volume.

3. Up IBGS on increasing volume (over the previous bar) that pierces the lower boundary.

4. Down IBGs (on increasing volume over the previous bar) that pierces the upper boundary.

5. A close outside the laterel that would be a 3rd close outside but being a bar

subsequent to point 1 above.

(ie: 2 bar closes outside that do form a formation in of themsleves and hence would not end the lateral

but then a subsequent (3rd) close outside, after the formation, would end the lateral).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please notice that there is Stitch with IBGS condition. I would like to provide necessary images of ending laterals if you need them for understanding the rules. May I ask you to update BarPaint2 (marks for IBGS) besides PV-BarFormations indie? TIA

Let's start with the creation of laterals....

I've attached a chart that jbarnby posted some time ago. Can anyone tell me why the circled area isn't a lateral?

If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say that it is because this area that looks like a lateral is completely filled with internals.

--

innersky

nolateral.thumb.png.9812c9cefb4b2a0115789487b83b51e4.png

I am not planning to make changes to NinjaTrader indicators at this time... (but if it isn't a lot of work I'd consider making changes)

A good conlcusive ruleset for laterals would be nice...

I wonder if increasing volume really plays a role here? (I've seen otherwise in Trade Navigator) But I could be wrong of course.

--

innersky

Hi innersky,

Thank you for your planning to code indicators for lateral formation. The updated rule for ending a lateral is here---

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/technical-analysis/6320-price-volume-relationship-501.html#post179301

Conditions that End a Lateral:

1. 2 bar closes outside that in of themselves do not create a formation.

2. OB (regardless of the bars close, on increasing volume over the previous bar) that pierces upper and /or lower boundary on increasing volume.

3. Up IBGS on increasing volume (over the previous bar) that pierces the lower boundary.

4. Down IBGs (on increasing volume over the previous bar) that pierces the upper boundary.

5. A close outside the laterel that would be a 3rd close outside but being a bar

subsequent to point 1 above.

(ie: 2 bar closes outside that do form a formation in of themsleves and hence would not end the lateral

but then a subsequent (3rd) close outside, after the formation, would end the lateral).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please notice that there is Stitch with IBGS condition. I would like to provide necessary images of ending laterals if you need them for understanding the rules. May I ask you to update BarPaint2 (marks for IBGS) besides PV-BarFormations indie? TIA

Let's start with the creation of laterals....

I've attached a chart that jbarnby posted some time ago. Can anyone tell me why the circled area isn't a lateral?

If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say that it is because this area that looks like a lateral is completely filled with internals.

--

innersky

I can give you a better explanation :). Those laterals have been drawn in manually. When I compare it to my TN with lateral study enabled it shows up as a lateral. Please find image attached

HTH

lat.png.d92734141e3349865d3196a6ed21a144.png

I can give you a better explanation :). Those laterals have been drawn in manually. When I compare it to my TN with lateral study enabled it shows up as a lateral. Please find image attached

HTH

I'm not sure about that. If you look at his charts you'll notice that he also made other changes to the indicators. (like another color for stiches)

Also, I've seen exact the same thing on another chart from jbarnby...

--

innersky

I'm not sure about that. If you look at his charts you'll notice that he also made other changes to the indicators. (like another color for stiches)

Also, I've seen exact the same thing on another chart from jbarnby...

--

innersky

I am confident about that. I manually drew them in and changed my colors to match his. I am sure other TN users can back up what I am saying.

Spyders lateral tool does not end laterals correctly in TN.

lat2.png.565c901a97cb3af4f7c6baf99034de98.png

The chart has been updated and now displays internals (no laterals yet). For technical reasons they're displayed slightly differently compared to TN or NT, but it gets the job done.

--

innersky

internals.thumb.png.cc7eae96a7662391e0134544ed3b6ee1.png

Added laterals (see attached chart). Next step: automated gaussians.

--

innersky

Is there any reason you are annotating laterals in laterals, I don't recall Spyder doing that? Since the original lateral has not ended what do the internal laterals tell you?

Thanks

Is there any reason you are annotating laterals in laterals, I don't recall Spyder doing that? Since the original lateral has not ended what do the internal laterals tell you?

Thanks

I assume they can be ignored, if they end inside the lateral where they started. But I didn't code that up. Yet.

hello!

can anyone please help me understand the clean page 4 rules

TIA

gltrader

gltrader,

I'm not familiar with any specific "rules" about clean page 4, but elsewhere in cyberspace there is an abundance of posts about "clean page 4". You may have better luck increasing your understanding if you start there, study the discussions, and come back here to ask specific questions, if necessary.

HTH

-river

In the attached chart you can see automated gaussians in their most basic form. R2R 2B 2R and vice versa.

That was the easy (technical) part, now the real thing can begin. Iterative refinement.

Making small (price and volume context) modifications and see how it turns out.

The result, based on these gaussians and without slippage is -1.5.

I'm pretty confident that this can be improved :-)

--

innersky

gaussians.thumb.png.1a2b0c6230c58baa39944c5107d34a00.png

In the attached chart you can see automated gaussians in their most basic form. R2R 2B 2R and vice versa.

That was the easy (technical) part, now the real thing can begin. Iterative refinement.

Making small (price and volume context) modifications and see how it turns out.

The result, based on these gaussians and without slippage is -1.5.

I'm pretty confident that this can be improved :-)

--

innersky

Keep up the good work. You may run into fractal jumping. As an example in your 2B ( your fractal) you may have a b2b2r2b, where you are assigning the 2r part of the sub fractal to your 2B fractal.

HTH