Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

This thread has been a mammoth read, but a really interesting one!

Can anyone explain PRV and its useage in a bit greater detail? How big a factor is PRV in each setup?

Also, in Mak's spreadsheet, why is the PRV tendency measured and logged over ten 30 second intervals? - how is this information used? I couldn't see anything about this in Spydertraders Hershey PDF

thanks in advance

You don't need PRV. Spyder switched to making decisions to end of bar only after the Futures thread on ET. Focus on the basis toolset - it's all you need. If for some reason you can't figure it out using the basis toolset, adding more tools (for example PRV) will not solve your problems, only make them worse.

You don't need PRV. Spyder switched to making decisions to end of bar only after the Futures thread on ET. Focus on the basis toolset - it's all you need. If for some reason you can't figure it out using the basis toolset, adding more tools (for example PRV) will not solve your problems, only make them worse.

Would you mind to clarify what the "basis toolset" refers to? I've searched the threads at ET for that expression and couldn't find anything, pardon my ignorance.

Todays progress - this fractal channels and FTTs give a total other view to the chart than these LL-HL-HH-LH logic sequences. Really interesting.

-swisstrader

ETluker also stopped posting after coding an auto channel. What happen to them? Did they get a mid-night phone call telling them to stop posting or else?

Would you mind to clarify what the "basis toolset" refers to? I've searched the threads at ET for that expression and couldn't find anything, pardon my ignorance.

The Basic toolkit is everything Spydertrader posted in this thread.

ETluker also stopped posting after coding an auto channel. What happen to them? Did they get a mid-night phone call telling them to stop posting or else?

It was the worst day of my life when I got that call. :)

2 minute Bloomberg data from March to now for YM

Nice effort.

However, your scatter plot does not match your table - i.e., all the points on the scatter are >900 volume.

Also, setting the lower boundary of extreme pace at 1120 is questionable.

Nice effort.

However, your scatter plot does not match your table - i.e., all the points on the scatter are >900 volume.

Also, setting the lower boundary of extreme pace at 1120 is questionable.

I fixed up the scatter for you. Mak only used 1700 data points for diagram. I am using 10640 data points for YM. Data is still the same.

Personally I am very comfortable with Bloomberg volume data and that goes for the 1120 for lower boundary of extreme pace.

YM.thumb.png.d0911ddfdee831bdfb61f966dade0dc1.png

Edited by xioxxio

I fixed up the scatter for you. Mak only used 1700 data points for diagram. I am using 10640 data points for YM. Data is still the same.

Personally I am very comfortable with Bloomberg volume data and that goes for the 1120 for lower boundary of extreme pace.

Thanks for fixing it.

It's your choice as to where to put the extreme pace. For me, extreme pace means "unsustainable," which gets my close attention and I know I will be taking action very soon. This can be compared to fast pace which I read as "normal" at the open and has me holding usually as it pairs with dominant legs in the AM. 1120 on the 2m is "normal" and would not get my attention at all.

Over the last couple of weeks Jack Hershey posted at the end of the day the trading bars for that day and the open trade for the next day. They were very good for calibrating your trading fractal, and peeking into his MADA.

Over the last couple of weeks Jack Hershey posted at the end of the day the trading bars for that day and the open trade for the next day. They were very good for calibrating your trading fractal, and peeking into his MADA.

Can you provide a link to the posts mentioned?

It starts from here .

That's interesting because 1010 was pt 3 of my UP traverse and the final container for that traverse didn't complete until 1410 on 07/05/12. And the down traverse did not complete yesterday (on my fractal). But then again I'm requiring three equal weight containers for every fractal (unless we have pace accel)....per Spydertrader.

Edited by jbarnby

Could all the users of TN please request a bar de-gap feature. The more people that ask maybe the more serious they will be about doing it. (de-gapping every bar not just overnight)

Jack talks about de-gapping bars to see the true internals.

Thanks

5aa7111bba9f9_2012-07-16_195850-barbybardegap.thumb.png.300012939e5d333c7af6e2dbc3d71b3f.png

Could all the users of TN please request a bar de-gap feature. The more people that ask maybe the more serious they will be about doing it. (de-gapping every bar not just overnight)

Jack talks about de-gapping bars to see the true internals.

Thanks

I agree.

How did you number the bars in TN?

Hello everyone,

This is my first post, so I'll start with a short introduction. I have been a professional poker player for past 6 or 7 years. I decided to branch out a little and learn how to trade futures using JHM. Funny how many skills carry over from poker to trading. Anyways..

1) I'd like to get the newest version of stepan's PRV Tools Set for NT, cause the older version I have draws bars in some odd places. Can smn please share it with me? Please send me a PM and I'll reply with my email address.

2) I would like to know is there a way to acquire data needed to know (or calculate) current extraordinary, high, etc. levels of volume; as seen in http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/technical-analysis/6320-price-volume-relationship-433.html#post143964

Thanks in advance

channel trading videos in case you missed it (hope not)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_EJUcRjQZ8&feature=channel&list=UL]channel / trendline trading forex Nov 1st 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

Just found this thread...WOW...lots to read and learn. Couple questions?

Is Sydertrader still here?

Where can I get the correct Indicator for volume for Ninja Trader?

Thank you

I recently found in a folder this chart (its annotations belong to a Tucson trader). It was attached to one of Jack's posts from last year, post quickly deleted. Maybe somebody wants to try his hand at annotating it. Maybe somebody starts a discussion on this or another chart.

5aa71148a4088_july8fanningquestionforjackdanversiondanchart.png.70d712932579d3e685eaf41c202fd718.png