Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

I hope this helps others to decide exactly what course of action they want to take in order to reach their goals.

It is good to link a course of action to a specific goal. A lot of people who fall by the wayside can't get straight that their course of action won't lead them to their stated goal, or even worse, they don't really know what their goal is and are just following the path others are taking because they at least have the company of a group.

[quote name=amisme;147709The reality is that the fractal concept.........is fundamentally incompatible with what is presented on TL.

I believe that to be incorrect. This information has been around long before even the first Spyder thread' date=' on usenet and other sites, for decades it seems....some of the most interesting posts by Jack I read were under Grob109 or Bubba on ET, and I really don't see much difference in the fractal concept. Fractals are fractals.... Different ways to talk about the same thing, really... by the way there were also quite a few people who could trade profitably with the info presented on ET without "trading equities for a few years", btw...Mr. Black, cnms, tums, callmate...etc.etc. In my opinion, this thread differs mostly in the sense that Spyder tried to get people to differentiate for themselves, so he provided only the basics and told people to see for themselves...the style of presentation changed, not the content.

But of course, use whatever helps you...I did not find that delving into the gaussians of sub-tapes helped me see market direction very much...one can easily lose the overview and get lost in a maze...but that's me.

Good trading and good luck!

Vienna

Just started up Maks's original larger prv screen. I have to enter the proper pace levels yet. These are incorrect. Just started it up and wanted to see if it connected easily.

I will run it for a while and see if it isworking properly but it did connect easily.

Edited by TIKITRADER

:)

OK thank you...this was not really my question but is welcome information ...where can i find the original spreadsheet with the macros intact?

thanks,

Vienna

Did you try Mak's other version of his toolset ?

Just connected it now and it starts up no problem. Don't forget to change the year of the symbol for IB.

When Mak wrote these tools it was 2006 and that year is still in the settings. Just change it to 201206 from the 200606 it had originally.

Keep in mind this is just to show it connects and works... the setting are wrong for pace -prv.

5aa710f18e098_maksotherversion.thumb.png.f4762d9540b88491c173a9eebef91ff2.png

Does anyone happen to have charts for the "channel drill" from June 13 2009 to August 5 2009?

edit: For anyone wondering, I did find the answer to my earlier question. The accelerated RTL is used for RTL break test and pt2 confirmation of a new container.

Click link, scroll down to "slow download" for the free download.

2009_Channel_Drill_15m.rar - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com

2009_Channel_Drill_ES.rar - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com

2009_Channel_Drill_YM.rar - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com

Thought I post a chart...changed my color scheme to correspond to Spyders...makes decoding his charts (from 08 on) easier...

Vienna

5aa710f69f557_EODES05-04.thumb.png.30174124c87be21f0dcaa9e968b40b97.png

Does anyone know where spider discusses "Spike Bars" and there relevance? I can only find a quote ljyoung, it is in the Iterative Refinement thread on ET

Thanks

Thought I post a chart...changed my color scheme to correspond to Spyders...makes decoding his charts (from 08 on) easier...

Vienna

On your chart; your green FTT (6th last bar of the day), is not the FTT, the 5th last bar of the day which your have labelled "STITCH" is in fact the FTT for that channel.

HTH

On your chart; your green FTT (6th last bar of the day), is not the FTT, the 5th last bar of the day which your have labelled "STITCH" is in fact the FTT for that channel.

HTH

I guess a more useful discussion would be at what moment one should've reversed short: 7,6,5,4, ..?

I guess a more useful discussion would be at what moment one should've reversed short: 7,6,5,4, ..?

Good point!

I would have gone short when the doji completed right at Resistance (the light blue horizontal line). EOD move. The lat had completed and the PT 3 was confirmed.

A few weeks ago I took an FTT and tried to pick apart what would typically happen in what order, P and V, ES and YM .....before, during and after an FTT... is a schematic of the "dominoes falling"... note that this is a specific case,but it helps me to think through what has to happen.

Edit: (7)/ the YM 2 Min fast tape completes a sequence/ does not always happen.

maybe useful to somebody...:)

Vienna

5aa710f7087be_BEFORETHEFTT-SEQUENCE.thumb.gif.8ea9031d4b188c3bfae1499033d110d1.gif

A chart is worth a thousand words...I indicated the bar that confirms the PT 3 (without which you can't go off looking for a SFC)...

hth somebody,

Vienna :)

5aa710f8d68c8_MAY9ES.thumb.jpg.99389551ab9c4113943c863ea4c5ee49.jpg

Edited by vienna

A chart is worth a thousand words...I indicated the bar that confirms the PT 3 (without which you can't go off looking for a SFC)...

hth somebody,

Vienna :)

Two quick questions;

1. Confirmed by what, the YM?

2. What is a SFC?

Thanks

Two quick questions;

1. Confirmed by what, the YM?

2. What is a SFC?

Thanks

1. No, by a bar w/inc vol on the ES...think about what kind of bar that should be. What if it is part of a formation? Of a Lateral?

2. Signal for Change

hth

Two quick questions;

2. What is a SFC?

Thanks

signal for change........................

Edited by Corey
trying to delete this post but there is no deleting option, what up with that?

Fractal Jumping

I sometimes jump to a finer fractal unintentionally. Would like to hear from others and how they corrected it.

This tends to occur more often around fanning out of pt3. Looking back it is easy to see it but in real time this is not the case.

Thanks

Fractal Jumping

I sometimes jump to a finer fractal unintentionally. Would like to hear from others and how they corrected it.

This tends to occur more often around fanning out of pt3. Looking back it is easy to see it but in real time this is not the case.

Thanks

get into habit of juggling more than 1 fractal and monitor to see which fractal it is following other than that I don't know what to tell you.

Fractal Jumping

Thanks

I believe "staying on the same fractal" is way overrated :) The goal shouldn't be to stay on the same fractal, as much as being on the right side of the market on the making money moves. When there is a shallow retrace is better to hold through it, while when there's a steeper retrace is more beneficial to reverse, or at least to sideline. For that, I believe the basics of JH's method are the best tools: Jokari Window, FTT, page 1, etc.. If I remember correctly, somewhere in this thread Spydertrader wrote that he chooses to jump fractals when it's advantageous. Today, if you traded the 5 minute ES, end of bar, you may have made more than 25 points, $1,250 per contract, in 2 trades. Yesterday: 4-6 trades totaling more than 15 points, $750 per contract.

digging my way through the IR Thread (this time more in detail)...could someone (perhaps from the old hands) help me out:

What are the FIVE traverse level signals for change?

I have:

1) Peak Volume:

Make sure it is not Price acceleration:

- Did market VE?

- Did it break out of a Lat?

2) Jokari Window: decreasing volume after increasing volume

3) Pennant (FTP, FBP, SYM) Break Out FBO

4) RTL Breakout on Increasing Volume

5) Change of Sentiment (increasing Red to Increasing Black)?

Am not sure about 4) and 5)...perhaps it is Outside bar...etc etc..

Thanks!

Vienna

.......Today, if you traded the 5 minute ES, end of bar, you may have made more than 25 points, $1,250 per contract, in 2 trades. Yesterday: 4-6 trades totaling more than 15 points, $750 per contract.

End of bar....do you mean that could be a valid approach? Does anybody actually trade like this (successfully)? My feeling was it would put the stop too far away? Have seen one or two mentions by Spyder regarding EOB trading but nothing clear...But I really am eager to hear your comments on this...

In a related matter,I am looking for a good way to enter Pt 3's....they seen easy to spot....considering only the 5 min ES and the 2 Min YM, what I came up with is, after the ES x2x , the ES retrace pt 2-3. Then enter End of YM Bar when you get one of the SFC's (see above post) on the 2 min YM. I also filter them into the ones that retrace a certain percentage of the pt 1-2 move, but that is just a personal technique designed to stop me from entering too soon.

I saw other suggestions (from Vorzo in the IR thread "For 123 pt3s, I like to see one bar in the direction of the 123 channel to consider it a pt3, and will enter on next bar if it breaks the end of the pt3 bar (BBO) on rising volume (over prior bar) and fast or extreme PRV.") but this seems very late for many pt 3's?

Thanks!

Vienna