Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Does anyone know the logic why Spydertrader painted those bars in Red or Black?

TIA

That is a software setting. The volume must be the same ie. if price bar is red volume bar for that price bar must be red and and same for black and blue.

If the Open of the bar is greater than the Close of the same bar it is Black

If the Open of the bar is less than the Close of the same bar it is Red

If the Open=Close the bar is Blue ( I have coded it that way), generally when the bar is blue have a look and see if you think it should be black or red depending on price action.

Below is my TS code for a Paintbar

If Close < Open then

PlotPaintBar(High, Low, Close, Open, "-", Red);

If Close > Open then

PlotPaintBar(High, Low, Close, Open, "-", Black);

If Close = Open then

PlotPaintBar(High, Low, Close, Open, "-", Blue);

Thanks for that, I had a look at the code and the coding for the colours looks incorrect. It should not be using the previous bar for black and red. It should be the open and close of the current bar. Is MC coding different to TS?

In TS I use if C>O

Below is the code from MC

if c > c[1] then

color = upcol

else

if c < c[1] then

color = dncol

else

color = color[1];

Thanks for that, I had a look at the code and the coding for the colours looks incorrect. It should not be using the previous bar for black and red. It should be the open and close of the current bar. Is MC coding different to TS?

In TS I use if C>O

Below is the code from MC

if c > c[1] then

color = upcol

else

if c < c[1] then

color = dncol

else

color = color[1];

feel free to customize it to your delight.

ps. Please use code tag when posting codes. It is the # sign above the message window.

Jack and or Spyder spoke about “outside bars” as not common occurrences. In the markets I cover they are very common. I can’t seem to find any documentation on how to handle them with respect to taping.

I treat that bar as the change it direction of the tape, is that correct?

I see the OB as setting a new Pt1 on the fastest observable fractal (2 bar tapes). This may or may not be a new Pt1, 2, or 3 of the trading fractal.

Does anyone know the logic why Spydertrader painted those bars in Red or Black?

TIA

Higher high and higher low bar means long (black). Lower low and lower high means short (red). All the other cases are internals (yellow), meaning they don't actually set a new direction. One exception to the first two statements is when they're inside a lateral.

I see the OB as setting a new Pt1 on the fastest observable fractal (2 bar tapes). This may or may not be a new Pt1, 2, or 3 of the trading fractal.

Thanks, you nailed it for me.

There has been a feature request on Genesis' forum, which would be of great use to those of us using the 'gap-removal' tool in Trade Navigator. It would be nice to be able to move multiple annotated objects in one instance.

More people interested in the feature = More incentive for Genesis to implement it.

Feel free to express your opinion here:

https://www.genesisft.com/forum/vie...php?f=11&t=1000

Regards,

Lateral Formations pattern recognition

Has anyone found any rules regarding lateral formations?

For example if the lateral is in a non-dom up trend, you would expect price to reverse on higher volume and or looking at which point the lateral is in the tapes.

The above is something I made up. I would you like to hear from people that have done work on laterals. I find laterals the most fascinating market structure.

Lateral Formations pattern recognition

Has anyone found any rules regarding lateral formations?

For example if the lateral is in a non-dom up trend, you would expect price to reverse on higher volume and or looking at which point the lateral is in the tapes.

The above is something I made up. I would you like to hear from people that have done work on laterals. I find laterals the most fascinating market structure.

What other scenario can you think of?

There are only 4 scenarios you can get a lateral in an up dom, down dom, up non-dom, down non-dom.

Regarding the different points (1,2, and 3) can be in any on the above, the lateral can be the start or finish of the 3 points.

On a side note has anyone looked at a higher time frame to see what the lateral is doing? I have attached Fridays ES 5min and 10 min chart and in the 10 min chart. The lateral is this case is forming higher lows on the 10 minute chart. On the 5 minute chart you are not able to see this.

es5.jpg.d6ebc0ce6ae50c4b4d89632785ee228c.jpg

es10.jpg.a282b9ed2b98249ac22a3c1977e6c29f.jpg

On a side note has anyone looked at a higher time frame to see what the lateral is doing? I have attached Fridays ES 5min and 10 min chart and in the 10 min chart. The lateral is this case is forming higher lows on the 10 minute chart. On the 5 minute chart you are not able to see this.

I would stay with 5 min for now...

you can always find something to fit into some resolution (eg. why not try 4.9 min? or 5.1 min?).

ps. PV works at all fractals... you should see the message from the market, with or without the lateral.

Edited by Tams

ps. PV works at all fractals... you should see the message from the market, with or without the lateral.

Please elaborate on the messages you get from the markets with respect to laterals?

Thanks

Jack and or Spyder spoke about “outside bars” as not common occurrences. In the markets I cover they are very common. I can’t seem to find any documentation on how to handle them with respect to taping.

I treat that bar as the change it direction of the tape, is that correct?

Perhaps the attached helps...did this some weeks ago...is based on one of Jack Herhsey's "clean pages" (forgot the number)- anybody feels i missed something, please correct.

Cheerio,

Vienna

sorry attachment did not go through...

looks great but I will add bar close as where bar closes in relation to bar high/ bar low is also important.

good point, you mean ibgs etc., which would constitute an IB change signal.....

I did not add it since the original text (JH clean page 2?3? It's somewhere in this thread) does not refer to it.... probably I should.

:)

good point, you mean ibgs etc., which would constitute an IB change signal.....

I did not add it since the original text (JH clean page 2?3? It's somewhere in this thread) does not refer to it.... probably I should.

:)

JH clean page, please could you post link. Thanks

looks great but I will add bar close as where bar closes in relation to bar high/ bar low is also important.

Actually, on second thought, the doc was about how to place tapes...so I think it is correct. In cases were you have closes that change the direction (Intra bar Gaussian Shifts), the tapes stay the same but an arrow denoting (future) change should be added...

Best,

Vienna

Have a look at Spyder's Bar by Bar,

On bar 1, he speaks about increasing black volume and the price closes inside the previous bar, so a short is initiated. That black bar should be a red bar since the close is lower than the open, why is it black?