Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

I know already that I did something wrong,otherwise I would not have asked.Since it was the same chart you posted already annotated (Except for the Sessionstart) I could have copied it offcourse.( I don't ask you to do anything ,just asking for some guidance)

Why you take the Soffex Session and not the Eurex , is not clear to me nor is it stated anywhere.

For the opening Gap ,I have the shift tool coded by Tams and it was a 1 click operation to have it on the chart, I am deeply sorry that i didn't do that.

Well I've got the standard answer and thank you for that.

I hope you will find it useful.

I have coded a few other indicators for this method,

you should be able to find them throughout the thread.

What I would like to see posted in this thread (and I'll go way out on a limb and assume others would also like to see) is an actual trade, annotated in English showing how consistent trading decisions could be made with volume as the "indicator" and without the use of calculus...

Is this really asking too much?

Luv,

Phantom

from my real time paltalk session

2011-02-28_1100.png.c208067ee0e9b38326af1feb719a25e8.png

2011-02-28_1129.png.38983960aa629d809607464e443dab23.png

2011-02-28_1255.png.476d9adba46cb0ee360b0bfefcd3d090.png

This is a VERY informative chart to study the interlocking of various fractals. Remember, noise does NOT exist.

When studying the chart keep in mind:

"The pattern has a defined ending after point 3 and the three iterative refinements are part of dealing with the end effects. Any trip across the parallelogram on dominant volume after point 3 prolongs the parallelogram if and only if the volume dominates and price responds to "traverse". A signal is generated when volume no longer "pushes" price to a better place in the traverse. This occurance is an ftt." (Quote from Jack)

You confused IBGS with a spike bar.

(FF FTT is a spike bar which is actually the point 2 of the blue trading fractal traverse)

10:10 AND 10:15 bars are VERY important, why?

10:40 bar speaks volumes, find out why.

Compare and contrast 10:40 bar with 10:50 bar.

Note how the declining black gaussian is annotated starting with 11:00 bar.

On a side note keep in mind that the ftt bars usually show more volatility or "spikyness" than the point 2 bars.

More later...

Hi gucci,

Thank you for sharing your insights of the market. I'm not able to find reasonable answers for myself after trying. Could you kindly give correct answers for the questions listed on the attached chart? TIA

Answers.gif.5b6e1e0ffefe54e21d768ca3f66c411b.gif

You have one more container to annotate in order to create a thick fractal (channel). You'll then have three medium weight containers to compare and contrast. If you complete the annotation process for a channel (thick container), you should see two very similar traverses and one different traverse. Determining why the two are similar vs why the one is different should then become easier for you.

- Spydertrader

I think the answer to why the difference between the traverses is (volume) pace. Actually it is the significant shift in pace that makes the difference imho.

--

Innersky

Hi gucci,

Thank you for sharing your insights of the market. I'm not able to find reasonable answers for myself after trying. Could you kindly give correct answers for the questions listed on the attached chart? TIA

You are looking at the wrong chart. The questions about 10:10, 10:15, 10:40.. refer to this chart: http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/attachments/34/24592d1305539570-price-volume-relationship-moreoverlap.jpg

I think the answer to why the difference between the traverses is (volume) pace. Actually it is the significant shift in pace that makes the difference imho.

--

Innersky

Innersky - thank you for posting this but could you re-write your statement and substitute your phrase "the difference" with the phrase "the difference between ______ and ______" filling in the blanks with very specific language.

I *think* I know what you mean.. but we all know what happens when you think you know :)

You confused IBGS with a spike bar.

(FF FTT is a spike bar which is actually the point 2 of the blue trading fractal traverse)

10:10 AND 10:15 bars are VERY important, why?

10:40 bar speaks volumes, find out why.

Compare and contrast 10:40 bar with 10:50 bar.

Note how the declining black gaussian is annotated starting with 11:00 bar.

On a side note keep in mind that the ftt bars usually show more volatility or "spikyness" than the point 2 bars.

More later...

Hi gucci,

Thank you for sharing your insights of the market. the following are my guessing works:

A. 10:10 bar ---closes outside Lateral Movement on increasing volume

B. 10:15 bar ---Signal of change. Reasons:

1) IBGS on decreasing volume

2) ftt of down tape starting on 10:05

3) ftt of 2-bar down tape starting on 10:10

C. 10:40 bar --- Red bar on increasing volume; but, its close is about one tick below the open which is at the top of the bar. Thus, 10:40 bar does not show down trend will continue.

D. 10:50 bar --- I can not see clearly the top of this bar. It seems the bar is either a Stitch -Short or OB-Short on increasing red volume and closes at the bottom of the bar. As usual, I have great difficulty to correctly anticipate WMCN regarding the direction of either a Stitch or OB.

Still, I'm not able to find reasonable answers for myself after trying. Could you kindly give correct answers for the questions listed on the attached chart which was slightly revised based on http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/attachments/34/24592d1305539570-price-volume-relationship-moreoverlap.jpg ? TIA

CorrectAnswer.gif.ed903fd3c997cac16a0482eddba37f45.gif

Hi gucci,

Hi TL moderator,

Could you delete this post (# 2955)? I made a mistake by mismatching chart with post. TIA

Some possible price and volume combinations in time and sales window are:

1. High volume trading going off-both in bid and ask, with intervening small/medium trades in both bid and ask.I don't think this pattern should be ignored just because it is indeterminate as both bid and ask sides are traded heavily, but should be watched closely because the high volumes indicates professionals are participating.

2. High volume trading going off in bid,not a single trade is of small/medium volume.Also, not a single trade going on in the ask. (vice versa)

3. High volume trading going off in bid.Along with that,small/medium volume trades going off at ask. (vice versa)

4. Large number of small/medium sized trades going off at bid.None of the trades is of high volume.May not seem to be professional activity,but at the end of the day the summation of the volume of trades at bid at that price level comes out to be very high.

What does each of the above four combinations indicate, and hence, what the tape reader should do when he sees them in his time and sales?

Lost me at b2b 2r 2b. You gave glossary definitions which never appear in your article and then go on to something you don't explain beforehand. Seems like you have to know this stuff already to follow it.

Hi gucci,

Referring to the chart (DAX 2011/5/25-26) from your latest post (#2961),

Q1. If I understand correctly, the gaussian in the volume pane refers to traverse level. According to your annotation convention (#2885), that red thick line represents a down channel. A down channel consists of at least 2 down traverses and 1 up traverse. Would you further elaborate what information the green up fft are trying to convey, please?

(Please refer to the attached chart)

Q2. According to the gaussian on bars 10:20 and 10:25 (2011/5/26), it indicates those 2 bars form an up tape. If I understand correctly, an up container has to break the previous down container on increasing volume in order to arrive point 2.

I can't see the up tape breaks the down tape on increasing volume in 5 min chart.

When I switch to 1 min chart, I also can't see the up tape breaks the down tape on increasing volume. The volume was decreasing. Why is it a up tape? Why not a down tape contiuation? Does it mean we need to follow the above rule for traverse level or higher levels? For tape level, we don't need to strictly follow that rule?

Q3. The gaussian in the volume pane (from 2011/5/25 16:15 to 2011/5/26 09:30) is B2B2R2B2R2B2R2B2R2B. Is it something related to this ET post (Forums - Getting down and dirty is where the rubber meets the road ...

When do you know the sequence is expanded?

Q4. I am annotating last week DAX futures. An up channel started around 15:34 on 2011/5/23 and ended around 09:26 on 2011/5/26. Am I right?

Please correct me if I am wrong. TIA.

gucci_chart_2961.thumb.jpg.9c4b874c54aa0f7a7e829c4fc7ccdd09.jpg

Lost me at b2b 2r 2b. You gave glossary definitions which never appear in your article and then go on to something you don't explain beforehand. Seems like you have to know this stuff already to follow it.

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f32/ideal-volume-channel-up-down-5920.html#post64634

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f32/ideal-volume-channel-up-down-5920.html#post65477

Might be better off starting with the original threads at the elite trader site.

I mean, where does the R come from? A through J are shown.

Came here for clarification on things, not at all what I'm getting.

Probably not.

Is there anywhere I can find end of day charts of the ESM1 (5 minute interval) with the channels drawn in, I need somewhere to check if I am correct?

Thanks

Is there anywhere I can find end of day charts of the ESM1 (5 minute interval) with the channels drawn in, I need somewhere to check if I am correct?

Thanks

the best way to check if you are correct is to post your charts... with notes on how and why you draw your channels.

I have attached the 1st 9 bars, in the begining it all is ok until the bars start drifting sideways. Are my lines correct until it drifts? How do you handle drift?

Thanks

1st5.thumb.png.3b015e2da7593ae4737cf00b667c2f2f.png

1st9.thumb.png.accc50602075427c6e17109fb8f5dcb2.png

I have attached the 1st 9 bars, in the begining it all is ok until the bars start drifting sideways. Are my lines correct until it drifts? How do you handle drift?

Thanks

Start with the basics!

5aa7107e557d8_1st9basics.png.1f5c7aca87900d8db65853b2662995c5.png

Guess what I am going to be reading this weekend " Channels for Building Wealth"

Bought Multicharts today, time to let go of Tradestation 2000i (RIP)

Guess what I am going to be reading this weekend " Channels for Building Wealth"

Bought Multicharts today, time to let go of Tradestation 2000i (RIP)

You have everything you need in this thread.

Hi gucci,

Referring to the chart (DAX 2011/5/25-26) from your latest post (#2961),

Q2. According to the gaussian on bars 10:20 and 10:25 (2011/5/26), it indicates those 2 bars form an up tape. If I understand correctly, an up container has to break the previous down container on increasing volume in order to arrive point 2.

I can't see the up tape breaks the down tape on increasing volume in 5 min chart.

When I switch to 1 min chart, I also can't see the up tape breaks the down tape on increasing volume. The volume was decreasing. Why is it a up tape? Why not a down tape contiuation? Does it mean we need to follow the above rule for traverse level or higher levels? For tape level, we don't need to strictly follow that rule?

There are many concepts related to the method under discussion, introduced in tons of posts, and discussed in even more posts, sometimes by people who don't have a correct understanding of those concepts. So I'll try my hand at it, too.

5aa7107e8592d_justthis.png.4da3f37e5bfc26d537a4cfd3cb353629.png

Hi cnms2,

Thanks very much for your feedback.

Attached is the snippet of DAX 1 min chart (2011/5/26). I drew that up tape gaussian (b2b2r2b). The up tape started around 10:12 and arrived point 2 at 10:18 because of the increasing red volume bar. The up tape finished around 10:25 because of the 2 increasing red volume bars at 10:24 and 10:25 (although 10:24 and 10:25 represent down bars).

Am I right?

tape_increasing_volume.png.c41fec009f81b42593db86eb0f99aac9.png

There are many concepts related to the method under discussion, introduced in tons of posts, and discussed in even more posts, sometimes by people who don't have a correct understanding of those concepts. So I'll try my hand at it, too.

hey cnms - i'm having a hard time figuring out your chart ... would you care to describe it a little? TIA - mslk