Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Based on volume analysis, I believe that on your second chart the new up trend started at 11:00 (pt1), and its pt2 was still to come (so the down trend pt2 and pt3 at the previous flex points).

thurs-fri_ff.thumb.png.eb6b468cb932cfba6c629f4a51a72d50.png

Based on volume analysis, I believe that on your second chart the new up trend started at 11:00 (pt1), and its pt2 was still to come (so the down trend pt2 and pt3 at the previous flex points).

In other words, based on gaussians being decreasing, the pink retracement sequence completed at 11:00 and it is not a R2R of a higher fractal as earlier indicated by jbb's chart. And the reason it is not a R2R is we have a pt 2 formed at 9:45 that broke the earlier green RTL. Correspondingly, no R2R is possible since there is no higher fractal RTL on the chart (which means what is occuring at that point of time must be still within a yet higher container or fractal).

Are you suggesting that because the red peaks in the 2R (11:50 to 12:15) are lower than the black peaks in the 2B (11:10 to 45), then the 2R is not on the same fractal as the R2R?

In other words, based on gaussians being decreasing, the pink retracement sequence completed at 11:00 and it is not a R2R of a higher fractal as earlier indicated by jbb's chart. And the reason it is not a R2R is we have a pt 2 formed at 9:45 that broke the earlier green RTL. Correspondingly, no R2R is possible since there is no higher fractal RTL on the chart (which means what is occurring at that point of time must be still within a yet higher container or fractal).
Are you suggesting that because the red peaks in the 2R (11:50 to 12:15) are lower than the black peaks in the 2B (11:10 to 45), then the 2R is not on the same fractal as the R2R?

The volume highlights make more obvious the expected volume sequences on the same fractal. In my previous post I wanted to present a different view of that decreasing red volume section.

thurs-fri_containers.thumb.png.33374f757db83efa8e469eac330e664a.png

The volume highlights make more obvious the expected volume sequences on the same fractal. In my previous post I wanted to present a different view of that decreasing red volume section.

When comparing volume highlights, do you anticipate the volume highlighted in the 3rd leg of x2x2y2x to be higher than the highlighted area for the 2y leg?

When comparing volume highlights, do you anticipate the volume highlighted in the 3rd leg of x2x2y2x to be higher than the highlighted area for the 2y leg?
Yes, I do. When this seems not to happen I'm looking for a faster fractal, pace change, and / or an annotation error. The price context might help.

Yes, I do. When this seems not to happen I'm looking for a faster fractal, pace change, and / or an annotation error. The price context might help.

That's very helpful thank you.

The attached clip, posted within this thread by Spydertrader, seems to be an exception.

i.e vol on the 3rd leg (2r) is lower than the vol on the 2nd leg (2b).

5aa7105ab0b11_nondomTraverse20090714.thumb.jpg.562042cf317ea0b6be23848afe9477c5.jpg

And also on this chart, annotated by Spydertrader at the NY meeting.

The vol in the 2b leg (from 12:15) is lower than the vol on the 2r leg (from 11:05 to 12:15) in the long blue container from 10:40.

Any thoughts?

5aa7105ab70aa_NYmeetingchart.jpg.b206870118f7f59e32640f46f136407f.jpg

The vol in the 2b leg (from 12:15) is lower than the vol on the 2r leg (from 11:05 to 12:15) in the long blue container from 10:40.

Any thoughts?

When this seems not to happen I'm looking for a faster fractal, pace change, and / or an annotation error.

Perhaps that is what cnms2 meant ?

The attached clip, posted within this thread by Spydertrader, seems to be an exception.

To illustrate my view, I added a few annotations to the snippet you posted. The last leg is a faster fractal traverse that became observable because of the lower pace. It shows the anticipated volume sequence.

5aa7105b43735_nondomTraverse20090714ff.jpg.5fdefcc77395183612dc3f5fc05fb196.jpg

Any thoughts?

When you review older charts you have to be aware of the historical context, and of what the author tried to illustrate using whatever tools available at that time. I've degapped your snippet and added a few notes.

During the trends' overlap either the old one or the new one manifest stronger. The price context may be helpful to clarify it.

5aa7105b4ad94_NYmeetingchartdegapped.jpg.2ace4c5d7584cae5f6c3624f214c41a9.jpg

To illustrate my view, I added a few annotations to the snippet you posted. The last leg is a faster fractal traverse that became observable because of the lower pace. It shows the anticipated volume sequence.

Thank you for your reply but I do not understand what you mean by "faster fractal traverse". I do not recall this term being used in this thread. I am trying to get to grips with how to tell what fractal each volume sequence corresponds to, given the 3 fractals as defined at the beginning of the thread. It would seem that if "pace" slows down then I can no longer anticipate greater volume in the 3rd leg of a sequence. So how can I tell if I am looking at the 3rd leg of my sequence or the 2nd leg of a faster sequence that is building my slower leg???

FWIW, that chart has received a lot of attention. Both ways of annotating work. At that time the non dom gaussian was drawn in to the end of the lateral, where there was a BO and return to dominance. It was illustrating everything in the lateral being non-dominant on the traverse level. But the new sequence down does start at the point 3. Just though I'd throw that out for anyone wondering.

Being a non-dominant 2-3 leg that might be expected. Though not always.