Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Re 1: The accelerated stuff has all of the ingredients of a traverse. Look at the following chart

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/attachment.php?s=&postid=2288546

and pay attention to how the market finished building the second pink traverse. The nondom tape of this traverse is built on increasing vol creating a faster fractal stuff. This pink creature wouldn't have been a traverse anymore had the market created a complete traverse in the nondom direction instead of a faster fractal stuff.

Thanks gucci, for your responses and all of your contributions to the thread. Could we also say that the pace acceleration at 13:10 (eob) put us on notice for the traverse acceleration?

pace-accel.gif.3e065560734842ed1741d0de165e8ebb.gif

Edited by moosie
added image

10/15 to 10/18.

I am not sure that I didn't jump up a fractal, but it seems that the first traverse has to end outside of the previous channel (for chan pt 2), and then it was accellerated. Is this right?

1018.thumb.gif.74e66e28a3a890aff7c7e0b62f0c808e.gif

From me too ... here's wishing everyone a happy and successful 2011:)

Let me add, to everyone, good health and success and a Blessed New Year.

BTW, have a new link for the files at a hosting site. They work. :thumbs up: PM if you're interested.

- EZ

I've added a few of the older posts and files of interest from MSN and Usenet days, including various drills.

Happy New Year :beer:

My view of the day. The R2R ended at bar 21 on my chart, although I had mistakenly taken it to be at bar 10 earlier , only to see the market prove me wrong. So I do not know the reason why as yet why the sequence has not complete at bar 10.

The market showed on debrief that a r2r2b2r faster fractal traverse was in place that ended at bar 10. Then 2B and 2R to complete first move down to bar 21.

I see the gaussians, but I do not fully understand or comprehend what they tell me. Would appreciate if someone point the way how to better recognize these road signs as they appear ? In order words, the market must leave clues to tell me that it has not reach completion. I know there is a missing link. :)

TQ

5aa7105547018_ES4Jan2011.thumb.png.7e52fe8fbf5bd9f93e9489e8b025cc29.png

Hi All,

I just subscribed to this thread which, at a first glance at least, looks to me that deals with, sort of, 'measurable' objectives and it must be a real fun and challenge to study. Before I'll make it thoroughly through the 261 pages I want to ask - has any of you guys here made it to actually using this method of market analysis as your primary trading tool and with what success? And what about spydertrader - what level of success does it bring to you?

May the pips be with you and happy and prosperous 2011!:applaud:

My view of the day. The R2R ended at bar 21 on my chart, although I had mistakenly taken it to be at bar 10 earlier , only to see the market prove me wrong. So I do not know the reason why as yet why the sequence has not complete at bar 10.

The market showed on debrief that a r2r2b2r faster fractal traverse was in place that ended at bar 10. Then 2B and 2R to complete first move down to bar 21.

I see the gaussians, but I do not fully understand or comprehend what they tell me. Would appreciate if someone point the way how to better recognize these road signs as they appear ? In order words, the market must leave clues to tell me that it has not reach completion. I know there is a missing link. :)

TQ

Compare your 2b following bar 10 with the 2B following bar 21.

Also looks like you have the old lateral movement code on your charts. It's no longer used FWIW.

what work for me is to pick a something, some seq, some pattern that is easier for me to recognize than the others , build up from that, write down all clues before it, clues going to it, build your check list. The next time when all items on the list are checked pull the trigger. be realistic stay with 1 or 2 contract in sim until you are consistent green then live occasionally build up your neuron pathway until you can make the transition without any change in your now familiar routine. Good Luck Hope It Help!

what work for me is to pick a something, some seq, some pattern that is easier for me to recognize than the others

Do you mind sharing which seq/pattern is easier for you to recognize?

Do you mind sharing which seq/pattern is easier for you to recognize?

sure, for up channel: B2B, 2R 2B so you have B2B clues, 2R clues leading to 2B I enter at end of 2R and beginning of 2B.

sample_cl.thumb.png.b1f358cff4695b3f83f985bc562d5d39.png

Compare your 2b following bar 10 with the 2B following bar 21.

Also looks like you have the old lateral movement code on your charts. It's no longer used FWIW.

Can it be that the 2b after bar 10 occured in a Lateral Movement, in which bar 10 in itself is also a non dominant bar. Hence the sequence has not completed by bar 10. By contrast, the 2B after bar 21 occured after dominance has returned at bar 20 (am I correct to observe so on this bar 20?) in which the sequence has completed.

This is the code I have to date. I notice it doesn't draw the LM correctly as per my understanding. If you can kindly point out where I can locate the newer code, that would be very helpful.

Thanks for the pointer.

Can it be that the 2b after bar 10 occured in a Lateral Movement, in which bar 10 in itself is also a non dominant bar. Hence the sequence has not completed by bar 10. By contrast, the 2B after bar 21 occured after dominance has returned at bar 20 (am I correct to observe so on this bar 20?) in which the sequence has completed.

This is the code I have to date. I notice it doesn't draw the LM correctly as per my understanding. If you can kindly point out where I can locate the newer code, that would be very helpful.

Thanks for the pointer.

There's no new code, though you might find the regular lateral code on ET. To be more specific, the lateral movement concept is no longer used. See this link, it might help you with those 2b's too:

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/34/price-volume-relationship-6320-18.html#post71337

A lateral starts with 2 bars inside the first.

Look at the volume in your 2b's. They are different. Also look at the price movement, but mostly your volume sequence.

Look at the volume in your 2b's. They are different. Also look at the price movement, but mostly your volume sequence.

OK, thanks . Relooking at the 2b again, bar 11-12 was a stitch long creating a possible b2b with the increase in black volume. If that was the case, then bar 13 should be point 2 to 3 with decreasing red. Instead bar 13 had increasing red indicating that a change in dominance had occurred and the sequence is not completed yet.

The 2B from bar 21 is full sequence non-dominant move from bar 21 to 27 with a decreasing volume to create Point 3. Bar 28 confirms WMCN with Point 3 move.

Am I close ?

My view of the day, corrected after RTH in pink and grey to see the turns and forks better. Still many errors and I will need to do a detailed differentiation on the turns and forks.

I have a question - in order to stay in the same fractals, is there a way or particular thing to keep in mind at all times e.g.

1. I originally annotated that the 2R retracement (bar 21 to 32) ended on bar 32 but reviewed later to see that it should end at bar 26

2. bar 61 to 65 revealed a faster fractal gaussians, at that point in time, my mind was telling me my B2B from bar 56 to 60 MIGHT be a 2B retracement being completed , and the final 2R move is on the way with a BO r2r bar 65. The only signal I see was volume was low. So in order not to jump a fractal and maintain the outlook that bars 61 to 65 is but a faster fractal, what must one do when monitoring the volume and gaussian pane ?

TQIA

5aa71056e989b_ES11Jan2011.thumb.png.b8bc4c53b8987d58229ccebc3fa1931c.png