Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

bigboss123

Best Trading Platform for VSA

Don't think there is any particular trading platform designed for VSA nor is it necessary.

TP are for entering orders, any signals relating to price/vol will be on charts.

Try infinity AT with sierra charts, any bar or candlestick chart with volume histogram.

Experts please share which trading platform you use and the features you most like about and how it helps you with VSA.

I'm no expert, but give Tradeguider a look at, it's built only for VSA, also they have just recently released a newer version of their RT. Go to their website and have a look at all of the saved seminars etc.

Personally I'd avoid Tradeguider like the plague. Its over priced. Its 'simplified' a handful of fairly straight forward principles into 400+ indicators. Its limited on data feeds. It's clunky. Did I mention it was overpriced?

As has been said use any software that suits you. Just display plain price bars with a volume histogram and give yourself a chance to read the chart without spurious clutter.

Think the original query pertained to Trading Platform not Tradeguider software.

Agreed, TG is a total waste of money(over $3000), any charting pack with price and volume bars would suffice if one makes an effort to understand the basic concepts.

All the indicators in TG are superfluous and of minimal value. Pure scam;);) and that goes for the latest Advance course DVD at over $900 by the one and only World's first Chart Reading Machine...............Manby :rofl:

I agree with rigel and Shamal, respectively. TradeGuider is a waste of money, and the trading platform is immaterial. If your charting program provides a price bar and a volume bar, you're in business.

If even Sierra Charts is too expensive, look at QuoteTracker. It's free.

It's all about your needs.

If you simply want to look at bars and volume, then most any package will do.

If you want to paint you volume bars according like TG does or other on this forum do, then you will need to know a programming language. Or hope the code is available for free here or on the net.

The ideas and you want to incorporate into your charts, will dictate how complex of a software package you need. But the basics: bars/candles and volume are found in most all them.

*** one thing that I would mention: Not all packages have HLC bars, these bars are different than OHLC bars as they have no hash for the open. Strict VSA does not look at the open. If you intend to look at the open anyway, than it is not a problem. But if you don't, might as well remove it all together. ***

Dear all,

Thanks for this thread. I am very interested in VSA and here I am learning a lot of.

I have a big question: My broker is xtb here en Spain. I trade in Forex. From MT4 platform I can only see the volume my broker. Then VSA indicator is not very useful. Perhaps is only other tool to use with others indicators.

Do all brokers show us their own volume? Is there other possibility?

Thanks,

Miguel

I'm warning all to not give CC# to TradeGuider or VSA club as they will never stop charging you. And refunds dont come... lots of talk but then I dont know why that happens is retort. I had to get visa involved and 3 months charges still havent been returned. Just FYI

I think TradeStation is better to compare with any other platforms. Easy to use and not a lot of complicated data incoming. Get a free volume indicator to read VSA, I saw somebody was talking about a Free volume indicator in this forum based on Tom Williams book. When you get something free, why you have to try expensive stuffs.

Does anyone know where to find the free volume indicator that is based off of Tom Williams book, Ive searched this forum, but could not find it. Any help would be geatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for all your help!

Thanks

TC

I have fully licensed Tradeguider RT Version 4 (last version) for sale at nice price.

Futures updates of RT 4.0 are included in the license price.

Please, contact by PM. Thanks.

yes ninjatrader is best.

but in default package it missing HLC bar chart.

i build one myselft

here is how it`s look

also with Volume histogram

it can be downloaded on ninjatrader forum.

ninja.thumb.png.3b909299b6b077fe554e51c74037f621.png