Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

bigboss123

Best Trading Platform for VSA

Don't think there is any particular trading platform designed for VSA nor is it necessary.

TP are for entering orders, any signals relating to price/vol will be on charts.

Try infinity AT with sierra charts, any bar or candlestick chart with volume histogram.

Experts please share which trading platform you use and the features you most like about and how it helps you with VSA.

I'm no expert, but give Tradeguider a look at, it's built only for VSA, also they have just recently released a newer version of their RT. Go to their website and have a look at all of the saved seminars etc.

Personally I'd avoid Tradeguider like the plague. Its over priced. Its 'simplified' a handful of fairly straight forward principles into 400+ indicators. Its limited on data feeds. It's clunky. Did I mention it was overpriced?

As has been said use any software that suits you. Just display plain price bars with a volume histogram and give yourself a chance to read the chart without spurious clutter.

Think the original query pertained to Trading Platform not Tradeguider software.

Agreed, TG is a total waste of money(over $3000), any charting pack with price and volume bars would suffice if one makes an effort to understand the basic concepts.

All the indicators in TG are superfluous and of minimal value. Pure scam;);) and that goes for the latest Advance course DVD at over $900 by the one and only World's first Chart Reading Machine...............Manby :rofl:

I agree with rigel and Shamal, respectively. TradeGuider is a waste of money, and the trading platform is immaterial. If your charting program provides a price bar and a volume bar, you're in business.

If even Sierra Charts is too expensive, look at QuoteTracker. It's free.

It's all about your needs.

If you simply want to look at bars and volume, then most any package will do.

If you want to paint you volume bars according like TG does or other on this forum do, then you will need to know a programming language. Or hope the code is available for free here or on the net.

The ideas and you want to incorporate into your charts, will dictate how complex of a software package you need. But the basics: bars/candles and volume are found in most all them.

*** one thing that I would mention: Not all packages have HLC bars, these bars are different than OHLC bars as they have no hash for the open. Strict VSA does not look at the open. If you intend to look at the open anyway, than it is not a problem. But if you don't, might as well remove it all together. ***

Dear all,

Thanks for this thread. I am very interested in VSA and here I am learning a lot of.

I have a big question: My broker is xtb here en Spain. I trade in Forex. From MT4 platform I can only see the volume my broker. Then VSA indicator is not very useful. Perhaps is only other tool to use with others indicators.

Do all brokers show us their own volume? Is there other possibility?

Thanks,

Miguel

I'm warning all to not give CC# to TradeGuider or VSA club as they will never stop charging you. And refunds dont come... lots of talk but then I dont know why that happens is retort. I had to get visa involved and 3 months charges still havent been returned. Just FYI

I think TradeStation is better to compare with any other platforms. Easy to use and not a lot of complicated data incoming. Get a free volume indicator to read VSA, I saw somebody was talking about a Free volume indicator in this forum based on Tom Williams book. When you get something free, why you have to try expensive stuffs.

Does anyone know where to find the free volume indicator that is based off of Tom Williams book, Ive searched this forum, but could not find it. Any help would be geatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for all your help!

Thanks

TC

I have fully licensed Tradeguider RT Version 4 (last version) for sale at nice price.

Futures updates of RT 4.0 are included in the license price.

Please, contact by PM. Thanks.

yes ninjatrader is best.

but in default package it missing HLC bar chart.

i build one myselft

here is how it`s look

also with Volume histogram

it can be downloaded on ninjatrader forum.

ninja.thumb.png.3b909299b6b077fe554e51c74037f621.png

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• Date: 29th March 2024. GBPUSD Analysis: The Pound Trades Higher But For How Long? The global Stocks Markets are closed due to Easter Friday (Good Friday). The NASDAQ continued to follow the sideways trend while other indices again rose. The SNP500 reaches an all-time high, but the NASDAQ remains under pressure from Tesla, Meta and Apple. The Euro continues to trade lower against all major currencies including the US Dollar, Euro and Japanese Yen. The British Pound is the best performing currency during this morning’s Asian session. However, investors are largely fixing their attention on this afternoon’s Core PCE Price Index. GBPUSD – The Pound Trades Higher but For How Long? The GBPUSD is slightly higher than the day’s open and is primary due to the Pound’s strong performance. At the moment, the British Pound is increasing in value against all major currencies. However, the US Dollar Index is also trading 0.10% higher and for this reason there is a slight conflict here. If investors wish to avoid this conflict, the EURUSD is a better option. This is because, the Euro depreciating against the whole currency market avoiding the “tug-of-war” scenario. The GBPUSD is trading slightly lower than the 2-month’s average price and is trading at 49.10 on the RSI. For this reason, the price of the exchange is at a “neutral” level and is signalling neither a buy nor a sell. The day’s price action and future signals are possibly likely to be triggered by this afternoon’s Core PCE Price Index. Analysts expect the Core PCE Price Index to read 0.3% which is slightly lower than the previous month but will result in the annual figure remaining at 2.85%. The PCE rate is different to the inflation rate and the Fed aims for a rate between 1.5% to 2.00%. Therefore, even if the annual rate remains at 2.85%, as analysts expect, it would be too high for the Fed. If the rate increases, even if only slightly, the US Dollar can again renew bullish momentum and the stock market can come under pressure. This includes the SNP500. Investors are focused on the publication of data on the UK’s gross domestic product (GDP) for the last quarter of 2023: the quarterly figures decreased by 0.3%, and 0.2% over the past 12-months. This confirms the state of a shallow recession and the need for stimulation. The data, combined with a cooling labor market and a steady decline in inflation, increase the likelihood that the Bank of England will soon begin interest rate cuts. In the latest meeting the Bank of England representatives did not see any members vote for a hike. USA500 – The SNP500 Rises to New Highs, But Cannot Hold Onto Gains! The price of the SNP500 rises to an all-time high, before correcting 0.33% and ending the day slightly lower than the open price. Nonetheless, the index performs better than the NASDAQ which came under pressure from Tesla, Meta and Apple which hold a higher weight compared to the SNP500. For the SNP500, these 3 stocks hold a weight of 9.25%, whereas the 3 stocks make up 14.63% of the NASDAQ. The SNP500 is also supported by ExxonMobil’s gains due to higher energy prices. The market will remain closed on Friday due to Easter. However, the market will reopen on Monday for the US and investors can expect high volatility. Investors will also need to take into consideration how the PCE Price Index and the changed value of the US Dollar is likely to affect the stock market next week. Always trade with strict risk management. Your capital is the single most important aspect of your trading business. Please note that times displayed based on local time zone and are from time of writing this report. Click HERE to access the full HFM Economic calendar. Want to learn to trade and analyse the markets? Join our webinars and get analysis and trading ideas combined with better understanding on how markets work. Click HERE to register for FREE! Click HERE to READ more Market news. Michalis Efthymiou Market Analyst HFMarkets Disclaimer: This material is provided as a general marketing communication for information purposes only and does not constitute an independent investment research. Nothing in this communication contains, or should be considered as containing, an investment advice or an investment recommendation or a solicitation for the purpose of buying or selling of any financial instrument. All information provided is gathered from reputable sources and any information containing an indication of past performance is not a guarantee or reliable indicator of future performance. Users acknowledge that any investment in FX and CFDs products is characterized by a certain degree of uncertainty and that any investment of this nature involves a high level of risk for which the users are solely responsible and liable. We assume no liability for any loss arising from any investment made based on the information provided in this communication. This communication must not be reproduced or further distributed without our prior written permission.
    • MT4 is good and will be good until their parent company keep updating the software, later mt4 users will have to switch to mt5.
    • $SOUN SoundHound AI stock at 5.91 support area , see https://stockconsultant.com/?SOUN
    • $ELEV Elevation Oncology stock bull flag breakout watch , see https://stockconsultant.com/?ELEV
    • $AVDX AvidXchange stock narrow range breakout watch above 13.32 , see https://stockconsultant.com/?AVDX

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.