Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

bigboss123

Best Trading Platform for VSA

To trade VSA you don't need expensive set of Indicators. If you are new to VSA, the education with TradeGuider is good, but $5000 indicators are not worthy. You can get VSA education free in many websites. I saw a large thread in this forum on VSA, actually it is very good. I use TradeStation and THD indicators and I can easily spot it on my regular chart. You can get a free VSA indicator at TradersHelpDesk, it is based on Tom Williams book. That indicator is coded by a VSA user, you can get it free in their website. You can see this volume indicator in my attached chart. If you google there is lot of free stuffs you can find in VSA

VSA1.thumb.jpg.7e496f5c995b8e1aed7ba31e1355aeda.jpg

Afraid I don't agree guys. I use Tradeguider to learn VSA which anyway was invented by the owner Tom Williams, he called it VSA. I paid less than $1000 for mine not $3000.

I also have never found a volume feed as accurate so would be interested to know where from? I am not connected with Tradeguider just have used it for some years and have found it a great aid to learning trading. Stephen Frankel

In addition to flimbo's very helpful HLC bar chart indicator you can get a Volume Price Analysis (VPA) indicator for NT and ToS. Where? Search on Google, it's easy to find.

Why am I not posting the link? I think the info that there is one available is enough for people who are really interested in this kind of analysis. For the people who want to have everything gift-boxed (somewhere above, someone even asked about an expert advisor for mt4 or for NinjaTrader source... :crap: - ... Just really think about that, only one minute....:doh: )

Show some commitment and do your own research and foremost LEARN the principle by diving into it. Believe me this will save you a lot of money.

Tom Williams learned this by only looking at volume and price bar, decades ago. I would think, that this is the reason why he traded successfully.

The TG software is IMHO for people who already understood the principle 100% for their comfort. Or maybe for lazy people, looking for an expensive way throwing money out of the window. And by money, I don't mean the purchase price! Keep doing it, there is 24/7 someone who is catching every :2c:, me included.

Register at the TG site and you'll get invitations on a regularly basis. Maybe you can get even the Book "Master the Markets" for free. If not, I would suggest to buy it for $99.

Read it at least 3-5 times as it isn't easy to grasp. (ask Gavin from TG how many times he read the book) If then you are still interested in it, THEN buy it, even for $ 6.000 because it will save you a lot of work!

PS: Maybe someone will post his search result right after my post... remember my words which are all MHO.

ProTrader .NET Station / PT multistation trading terminal shows an extra little bar chart for the volume, at the bottom of the chart beneath every candle, which I find convenient, and appears pretty standard.

But more interestingly is that this terminal also shows a volume graph updating in real-time in the volume column of the watchlist for each instrument, stock, etc. - and you can easily sort that column.

Depends on what you are trading. If you are trading Forex through MT4 you might want to check this out. I personally bought a copy from him a while ago, I received an update a couple days ago and it works pretty nice. You should still learn the concepts though, as the guy says, this is just a visual aid designed to help you determine possible setups more easily.

euro.thumb.jpg.f1e5e36e3d98ef7c7997b02ab7c75cc1.jpg

Any Bar/Candlestick chart with volume information would be good.

Is this not a common feature of most charting software? e.g. PT multistation shows volume info at bottom of chart window

Edited by lbj

PT multistation has some pretty unique automated trading functionality:

- visual advisor tool for beginners to graphically creat simple strategies on the chart;

- PTL bulider IDE for programmers, which supports MQL4, EasyLanguage and C# strategies, with back-testing, optimization, and debugging tools. You can import strategies into it.

Edited by lbj

Nobody sells you anything that would let you just follow indicators and click on buttons and money will just stream into your account. I wouldn't go so far as to say any trading indicator/system/advise sold is a scam, but there is no easy substitute to your own hard work, and adapting someone else's knowledge and technique to fit your own style. If you are a serious trader, then you must know your platform. Most good platforms allow you to write your own indicators (there aren't many platforms that qualify). I have read the VSA literature and have adopted a few ideas into indicators for my own use (sorry, don't ask. What I am willing to sell to anyone wouldn't be worth anything). I don't own TradeGlider, or another other system sold on the internet or anywhere else. I have no reason to say it won't work for some people. I will end with the only thing I remember from the one marketing class I took in college, many, many moons ago - in marketing, regardless of what is being marketed (e.g., cosmetics, cars, clothing, trading systems, etc.), the marketer is selling only one thing - HOPE - and people will pay a lot for it if the marketer knows the trick of the trade. After the pitch, the only thing left is the price. For the righr price, we buy our piece of hope.

Good luck.

M.A.T.T.