Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

thalestrader

Reading Charts in Real Time

Arrows show where I will trade IF price moves to that point.

Arrows are no forecasts for price action.

attachment.php?attachmentid=21614&stc=1&d=1277965006

Cancelled, no trade planned.

tws-008.thumb.gif.116d4062a7232ff899b1b62e57397355.gif

Edited by Marko23
Update

A friend of mine sent this to me, and I thought I'd share it here. Consider it a contribution to the "Weekend Readings."

Best Wishes,

Thales

A fishing boat docked in a tiny Mexican fishing village. A tourist complimented the local fishermen on the quality of their fish and asked how long it took to catch them.

"Not very long." they answered in unison.

"Why didn't you stay out longer and catch more?"

The fishermen explained that their small catches were sufficient to meet their needs and those of their families.

"But what do you do with the rest of your time?"

"We sleep late, fish a little, play with our children, and take siestas with our wives. In the evenings, we go into the village to see our friends, have a few drinks, play the guitar, and sing a few songs. We have a full life."

The tourist interrupted, "I have an MBA from Harvard and I can help you! You should start by fishing longer every day. You can then sell the extra fish you catch. With the extra revenue, you can buy a bigger boat."

"And after that?"

"With the extra money the larger boat will bring, you can buy a second one and a third one and so on until you have an entire fleet of trawlers. Instead of selling your fish to a middle man, you can then negotiate directly with the processing plants and maybe even open your own plant.

You can then leave this little village and move to Mexico City, Los Angeles, or even New York City! From there you can direct your huge new enterprise."

"How long would that take?"

"Twenty, perhaps twenty-five years." replied the tourist.

"And after that?"

"Afterwards? Well my friend, that's when it gets really interesting, " answered the tourist, laughing. "When your business gets really big, you can start buying and selling stocks and make millions!"

"Millions? Really? And after that?" asked the fishermen.

"After that you'll be able to retire, live in a tiny village near the coast, sleep late, play with your children, (or grandchildren by that time), catch a few fish, take a siesta with your wife and spend your evenings drinking and enjoying your friends."

"With all due respect sir, but that's exactly what we are doing now. So what's the point wasting twenty-five years?" asked the Mexicans.

And the moral of this story is: Know where you're going in life....you may already be there.

That is fantastic, thanks Thales. BTW, I hope you are managing through your heavily business workload and look forward to that ending so you can back to posting here :)

With kind regards,

MK

A friend of mine sent this to me, and I thought I'd share it here. Consider it a contribution to the "Weekend Readings."

Best Wishes,

Thales

A fishing boat docked in a tiny Mexican fishing village. A tourist complimented the local fishermen on the quality of their fish and asked how long it took to catch them.

"Not very long." they answered in unison.

"Why didn't you stay out longer and catch more?"

The fishermen explained that their small catches were sufficient to meet their needs and those of their families.

"But what do you do with the rest of your time?"

"We sleep late, fish a little, play with our children, and take siestas with our wives. In the evenings, we go into the village to see our friends, have a few drinks, play the guitar, and sing a few songs. We have a full life."

The tourist interrupted, "I have an MBA from Harvard and I can help you! You should start by fishing longer every day. You can then sell the extra fish you catch. With the extra revenue, you can buy a bigger boat."

"And after that?"

"With the extra money the larger boat will bring, you can buy a second one and a third one and so on until you have an entire fleet of trawlers. Instead of selling your fish to a middle man, you can then negotiate directly with the processing plants and maybe even open your own plant.

You can then leave this little village and move to Mexico City, Los Angeles, or even New York City! From there you can direct your huge new enterprise."

"How long would that take?"

"Twenty, perhaps twenty-five years." replied the tourist.

"And after that?"

"Afterwards? Well my friend, that's when it gets really interesting, " answered the tourist, laughing. "When your business gets really big, you can start buying and selling stocks and make millions!"

"Millions? Really? And after that?" asked the fishermen.

"After that you'll be able to retire, live in a tiny village near the coast, sleep late, play with your children, (or grandchildren by that time), catch a few fish, take a siesta with your wife and spend your evenings drinking and enjoying your friends."

"With all due respect sir, but that's exactly what we are doing now. So what's the point wasting twenty-five years?" asked the Mexicans.

And the moral of this story is: Know where you're going in life....you may already be there.

…..Later the tourist met with the wives of the local fisherman and asked about their life.

“Lazy husbands” they said in unison. “They barely work at all each day, they sleep all the time and go out drinking with their friends every night. Because our husbands work so little we have no savings for unexpected costs like health problems, we still live in a rough neighborhood so crime is uncomfortably high around my family, all we eat is fish for most dinners and he never takes me out to nice restaurants, the kids have no money saved for college…. need I go on.”

“Your husbands made life sound so good” said the tourist.

“Well, what we have would be great if all you wanted out of life was to work very little, sleep all the time, play guitar, go drinking with your friends, and sing songs.” said the wives. “That however, is not really what we want out of life. We want to life in a safer area, eat better food, give our kids a better education, have a large savings for unexpected problems, maybe get our hair done every once in a while. It might be nice to also help out the poor or others who are in need. There is much we want from life that we can’t have because our husbands barely work and sleep all the time.”

And the moral of the story is: Life has much better things to offer than sleeping and drinking and your wife probably wants those better things.

;)

...And the moral of the story is: Life has much better things to offer than sleeping and drinking and your wife probably wants those better things.

Love, friendship, and sufficient leisure time to enjoy the fruits of each ... there is no "thing" better than that, my friend, and I am fortunate to have married a woman who understands that truth.

Moral of the story: Do not choose a wife until you have chosen your life, and pray that in each case, you have chosen wisely.

Best Wishes,

Thales