Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

taq

FAST BUCKS: How Porsche Made Billions

200bptt.jpg

Over two astonishing days in October 2008 one of the most amazing stories of the downturn emerged. Porsche, the luxury sports car manufacturer, was revealed as the force behind an audacious takeover bid for Volkswagen.

The price of Volkswagen shares rocketed fivefold, and it briefly became the most valuable company on the planet. And hedge funds that had been betting on VW shares falling in the downturn found themselves staring at losses that ran into billions of pounds.

Now the German authorities are investigating. It has been alleged that the much smaller German car maker Porsche manipulated the market, made a fortune and ended up potentially taking over its rival.

Porsche insists it has done nothing wrong. But for years it has quietly stalked its larger rival, buying up VW shares in a creeping takeover and making vast profits in dealings on those shares. It has been highly effective, last year it made four times as much money from share trading than from making its iconic sports cars.

The Money Programme's Max Flint travels to Germany to investigate how Porsche became so expert in playing the market and how it could end up with the biggest prize of all: control of its rival.

34qu5vr.jpg

Broadcast on:

BBC Two, 7:30pm Thursday 22nd January

CODE

http://rapidshare.com/files/208976082/TfastMbucksP.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/208973615/TfastMbucksP.r01

http://rapidshare.com/files/208967555/TfastMbucksP.r00

porshechart.gif

I don't quite understand why something like that would be illegal. Can anyone enlighten me?

Edit: I don't think the video files were posted there when I made my reply. I'm guessing my question might be answered in the video.

Edited by diablo272