Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

TinGull

Let's talk about options

first learn this relationship....and all other derivations of it..... there are quite a few.

Long Call + short put = Long underlying

Once you start hedging with the underlying, you are generally just creating another synthetic option. If you are short volatility and selling options

Full agreement. If you can't tell me what a conversion/reversal are and don't have a grasp on synthetics, you're setting yourself up for disaster, at the very least a career of inefficiently expressing your views on underlying direction/volatility. Far too much risk for sub-optimal returns.

Just do the work - yes it takes more than five minutes - but DO THE WORK before you trade another speculative option or spread again, and I promise it lead to a level shift up in the expected future trajectory of your trading career.

Something like 90% of options traders lose money over the long-run, including and perhaps especially professionals speculating in them, because they don't have a firm grasp of what they're dealing with (and because a certain percentage among us are degenerate gamblers and there's just nothing we're gonna be able to do about that).

"The market takes no prisoners. It simply kills those who do not have enough knowledge." Never been more true than now given recent developments in market structure. It's also never been easier for you to get out and find that knowledge. If you don't, you're making the conscious decision to get up from the poker table after putting in a good, profitable 8 hour session, and putting a quarter of your winnings on black. Every time.

Develop your edge. Hone it. And when the opportunities present themselves, strike ruthlessly and with precision. It's a zero-sum game.

I am a Professional Trader who makes on average £5000 a week by using simple strategies. I have developed many strategies in the past. Trading is a risk and people do lose money but if you know how to mitigate risk by having a good trading plan implemented with a good strategy, you can make a fortune. I currently teach people how to trade Binary for free. If this something that interest you email me on my.mail.alin@gmail.com

Hi, please feel free to start a thread discussing your system. We do not want private vendor or product contacts, though. Thanks

I am a Professional Trader who makes on average £5000 a week by using simple strategies. I have developed many strategies in the past. Trading is a risk and people do lose money but if you know how to mitigate risk by having a good trading plan implemented with a good strategy, you can make a fortune. I currently teach people how to trade Binary for free.