Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Futures I Trade Show & Brooks Book

Hello,

Did anybody try use some of the ideas from the book on the ES today?

Kirin12

Classic trend from the opening. The best trade was the breakout of the first (strong bear) bar of the day at 905.00. Couple of good L2s in the morning at 899.00 & 896.75. Most of the afternoon was spent in barb wire/trading ranges so nothing for me.

Thanks. I see the L2s. Were you tempted to go short after the series of 6 bull bars starting off the then low of the day at 889.25 (starting around 12:25 CST)?

I thought the BW was unusual as it lasted through the closing.

I did short after the 6 bullish bars starting at 12:30 CDT but in hindsight, it appears the 1225 low was the third push down so it may not have been reasonable to expect another push without some retracement.

The short off the first bear bar was a must. and every pull back short was good. the trend was strong. the barbwire starting a 11:30 was awful. I am glad I missed most of it. but I still was able to lose to it. Note my short in in the B/W was a bad trade. there was no trend line break or TCL overshoot. Note the following short had the trend line break. this stuff is easy in hindsight. :crap:

es_622.thumb.png.f47239a0a22b86f062a5ad8c810de155.png

Good point AR Trader about the third push down.

That's really unfortunate tatrader that your real job called you away at that point. You gave left quite a few points on the table there. Good work nevertheless.

Hello,

Did anybody try use some of the ideas from the book on the ES today?

Kirin12

I didn't. I caught a short on the DAX an hour or so into the EU morning session and it was one of those joyful ones that was up 10 points by the time I got confirmation. It must be said when you get stopped in with real momentum it is rather nice. I decided I was pretty much done for the day. I'm really trying to take the best of the best and be done in a short time. Easy when there is something on the table harder when you have to sit on your hands.

The long after bar 1 gave you a scalpers profit. but you would have needed a 11 tic stop Keep that in mind. the bar two L2 short gave you a scalpers profit and if you used the 11 tic like all teaches you would have cought the hole move. That is just something I noticed after the fact.:confused: I took the L2 short and added one at 94 with a stop at 95.5 Note my plain was to swing these to at least yesterdays low. I covered them at bar 3 after the TCL and micro trend line over shoot. a I think I will take Blowfish's advice and take my prophets and rest. I feel horrible today. That 11 tic thing amazes me "don't think I will ever be quick enough to catch that real time"

6_23_es.png.c6dccf4f6762366193e5c4e12bf43f72.png

Zonetrader, here's a link to one of Al's earlier I-Trade webinars I just uploaded. He explains about the H&L counts and some variations.

TL! File Share - Traders 1-Click Webhoster

Forgot how great this presentation is. Does a more thorough job of explaining legs and is aimed at beginners much more than the book. Nice to see it again after a year!

Is that different to Al_brooks_trading_best_price_action.swf linked early in the thread. I am getting confused with all the snippets.

Yes it is AlBrookDAYTradingPA.swf and was the first presentation from May 2008. It was called "Short term e-mini strategies that work".

Hmm that'd odd the one linked seems to be massive in size compared to the ones that someone shrunk into swf format. So there are only the 2 vids then?

There are links to all three presentations here; the December 2008 and May 2009 are on page 2 and the May 2008 is on page 21.

Hmm that'd odd the one linked seems to be massive in size compared to the ones that someone shrunk into swf format. So there are only the 2 vids then?

I just checked the file ... seems okay size. Not sure why so massive for you. I'd used the free trial Camtasia recorder so I'm not sure if I'm doing something not right. I'm not an expert with it. I just use it to record my trade and voice comments so I can review my thoughts during a trade and of course to record webinars of interest. Here's the link to the software if anybody is interested.

TL! File Share - Traders 1-Click Webhoster

you will also need this...Camtasia key1.pdf

Edited by jolee

There are links to all three presentations here; the December 2008 and May 2009 are on page 2 and the May 2008 is on page 21.

Ahh thanks. I thought there where 2 total but looks like there where 2 in may for 3 total.

Hey Guys,

Just read Jolee's post about trial Camtasia software.

Here is a link to recording software I use to record my screen, and sound. It's not a trial and it's free. It's by a company out of Britain, Blueberry Software. You can save movies as Flash (I find Flash better) or AVI. Only negative is file sizes can get big for 1 hour recording. But little snippet recordings are very small. You can share movies with one-click upload to YouTube and other video sharing sites. Best of all it's fun, easy to use, and it's free for the express version. Check it out at:

Free screen recorder - BB FlashBack Express

Bleh

I also saw that double top bear flag but the second entry L2 you have marked was in barb wire and I guess that is why the market came right back up above the entry before it finally went down. Funny, I think the area you have circled was the best trade of the day. The L1 is actually a L2 variant; the L1 was the red bar in between the two big green bars. If you follow the action it was a two step correction. There was also a double top pair and the market had quieted down by then. The things I didn't like were the doji signal bar and the proximity to the EMA but it did go for several points. Of course I only saw this at the end of the day when marking up the chart!

I also saw that double top bear flag but the second entry L2 you have marked was in barb wire and I guess that is why the market came right back up above the entry before it finally went down. Funny, I think the area you have circled was the best trade of the day. The L1 is actually a L2 variant; the L1 was the red bar in between the two big green bars. If you follow the action it was a two step correction. There was also a double top pair and the market had quieted down by then. The things I didn't like were the doji signal bar and the proximity to the EMA but it did go for several points. Of course I only saw this at the end of the day when marking up the chart!

Funny you mention it, that DTBF interested me, but those dojis I interpreted as BW and was a bit shy to enter.

That circled area....there was definitely money there, but the expanded range of the bars with those large tails had me shy away.

I actually was thinking of that second leg down between those bars and almost marked it as such but didn't for whatever reason.

As for the High/Low Variants, do you normally consider an "up" bar that occurs in a bear as a leg? Or is that something we just do during fast moves when looking for legs? Do you know what I mean?

Forest i see that "ii" H2 u have. Im having a lot of those WHIPSAW on me and turn into Outside candles followed by more indecision. I guess they only good in beginning of the trend.

Forest i see that "ii" H2 u have. Im having a lot of those WHIPSAW on me and turn into Outside candles followed by more indecision. I guess they only good in beginning of the trend.

I've been paying attention to 'ii' bars.....and if the I use the 'ii' as a signal bar, I've been trying to make sure it's at least a bar IN THE DIRECTION OF THE TRADE. So I don't consider most dojis as valid 'ii' bars.

As for the High/Low Variants, do you normally consider an "up" bar that occurs in a bear as a leg? Or is that something we just do during fast moves when looking for legs? Do you know what I mean?

In the section on variations of high/low 2 setups he says "Anytime you can infer two legs, the market will likely behave as if there were two legs." If you look at a 3 minute chart from yesterday you will see the move up from 893.75 to 899.25 was a two leg correction and thus a valid L2 setup. Just an isolated bar of the opposite color without that underlying action does not qualify. At least that is my understanding.