Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

daedalus

The "New" TTM Squeeze

Hi Tams,

I am really sorry, I have installed the ADE and TZu add-ons. Then I have imported in Multicharts 5.0 the code provided by TraderJen. When I compile the code, I have an error message: ADF.GetData: Unknown Function ?

Would you be kind enough to help me please ?

Thanks in advance

Best regards,

Chloe

pls read my post #23 again

When I compile the code, I have an error message: ADF.GetData: Unknown Function ?

You are probably missing ELcollections. Tams has kindly provided some links here: http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f46/ade-all-data-everywhere-easylanguage-5934.html#post66122

Anyone using ADE, TZU, ELCollections should know that none of these are supported, not by TS, not by MC and no longer by the author/trader Bamboo on the TS forum. You are really on your own. If you can't handle that, you should take Tam's advice and purchase the TTM version and hopefully they can provide support.

Hi Everybody,

I am really sorry to insist, but:

1) I installed the Elcollections (as explained by TAMS)

2) I installed the ADE add-on (as explained by TAMS)

3) I installed the TZU add-on (as explained by TAMS)

Then I compiled the code provided by TraderJen. As a result, I still have tje error message: ADF.GetData unknown function.

So, I read the ADE manuel. I saw that the followinf functions were available:

* ADF. Average

* ADF.AverageFC

* ADF.Lowest

* ADF.LowestFC

* ADF.Highest

* ADF.hightestFC

* ADF.Summation

* ADF.SummationFC

All these functions are well installed in Multicharts (I can edit then with the PLE). But, I cannot see any ADF.GetData !

As ADF functions are "own series functions" (see ADE manual), I think that this function should be provided with the code from TraderJen.

Could you please advise ?

Thank you in advance

Best regards

Chloe

I am really sorry to insist, but:

If you insist ...

You should be in the TS forum, but I realized that you might not have access because you are using MC .. Kirvist is the author, although he might as well be working for TTM given the difficulties in setting up this indicator :)

kirvist

19 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2009 16:25:11

Ale' TTM Trend anchors indicator for ticks

For minutes: https://www.tradestation.com/Discussions/Topic.aspx?Topic_ID=92189

That's my setup for indicator. I hope sameone can do better.

Setup

1.You need to instal ADE pack.(https://www.tradestation.com/Discussions/Topic.aspx?Result=1&Topic_ID=33398&Page=1)

2.Open new chart window and insert indicator "TZU Save OHLCV".

3.Copy chart window and paste as many times as you need timeframes. Adjust charts Ticks, lets say 55tick,89tick,144tick,233,377,610,987, etc.

4.Download PAINTBAR INDICATOR "TTMPB_TREND_TZU.TXT.ELD" and install.

5.Open new chart window, choose tickframe to trade (lets it be 55tick) and insert PaintBar Indicator "DTTpb_TZU_TTM_Anchor".

6.You can input 4 tickframes as Intervals. You need input ticks chart on which loading

PaintBar Indicator "DTTpb_TZU_TTM_Anchor".

7. PaintBar Indicator "DTTpb_TZU_TTM_Anchor" atatched as .ELD

8.Enjoy.Attachment:DATA/20090812161521TTMPB_TREND_TZU.TXT.ELD 46995 bytes

Attachment:DATA/20090812162406DTTpb_TZU_TTM_Anchor.txt 6733 bytes

attachment.php?attachmentid=12949&stc=1&d=1250446825

20090812161521TTMPB_TREND_TZU.TXT.ELD

ADF.GetData2009-08-16_141535.thumb.gif.e8d63d9a3f5331f5a6065773cc38b52c.gif

Hi Thrunner,

You are fully right, I have no access to Tradestation forum because I am using MC.

Your support is very appreciated, thank you so much.

I checked the list of functions you attached. I habe all these functions installed, except the ADF.GetData function !

Then, I followed the setup from Kirvist:

1) ok

2) ok

3) I import the new file into MC. Then I compile and I have a new error message with the function I: assignment is allowed only for variables or array elements (TZS.GetSyncInfo = Index; cannot be compiled !)

Do you any idea ?

Thanks in advance

Best regards,

Chloe

Here are some tips on making ADE, TZS, ELcollections working on MC, if there are MC users who have got this to work, please post.

TS SUPPORT :: View topic - ADE and Vista 64 bit.

Note that if you want to work with ADE and TypeZero bars (tick and volume bars), you almost certainly need to install the TypeZero Sync library as well, since it will allow you to correctly synchronize data between different charts.

Here are the instructions for using the TZS framework. Please read and follow them carefully, since you must set things up correctly in order for the framework to work properly.

1. Set up each chart that you want to synchronize so that the first bar on the chart is at the start of a session. This just means that the range should be set with Days/Months/Years Back or with First Date, rather than with Bars Back. Don't ever use the Bars Back range setting with the TypeZero Sync framework!!!

2. Apply the "! TZS Setup Sync" indicator to each chart involved in synchronization (both sender and receiver). Check the "Prompt for Format" box and make sure that the Interval input is set correctly -- e.g. it should be ADE.TickBarV(BarInterval) for tick bars using trade volume, and ADE.VolBarV(BarInterval) for volume bars using trade volume. The indicator is named with a ! at the start to ensure that it comes first in the indicator list. Indicators that use TypeZero Sync should always be named so that they come after the "! TZS Setup Sync" indicator.

3. Apply the indicator that saves data to the higher-interval chart. To save OHLCV data, use the "TZU Save OHLCV" indicator. Again, make sure the Interval input contains the appropriate TypeZero interval function for the chart.

4. Apply the indicator that consumes the higher-interval data to the lower-interval chart. Check the "Prompt for Format" box and enter the appropriate function calls for ThisInterval and ThatInterval. ThisInterval refers to the interval for the current chart, and ThatInterval refers to the higher interval. You can always pass BarInterval to the function used for ThisInterval (e.g. ADE.VolBarV(BarInterval)), but you will need to specify the correct interval for the higher interval (e.g. ADE.VolBarV(5000)).

In case you don't already have TypeZero Sync Library. It is attached in this post.

You should not have compile errors for the previous TTMpbTZU indicator after this TYpeZeroSync eld is compiled in MC.

After the TTMpbTZU indicator compiled properly, you can proceed to set up the 4 sender charts and the one receiver chart.

Read the above quote box again as it was written by Bamboo. As (3) stated, be sure the Interval input contains the correction ADE.TickBarT(BarInterval) function for both the sender and receiver indicators.

This works for TS and should also work for MC.

TypeZeroSync.ELD

Hi thrunner,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I have compiled the TypeZeroSync in MC. This is ok. Then I tried to compile the TTMpbTZU indicator, but it failed ! I still have the message: ADF.GetData unknown function.

Then I tried to compile in TradeStation, but I got the same error message.

I am lost !! The pb comes from the ADF.Getdata function. If you have the eld fichier for this function, could you please provide me with it ?

Thanks in advance

Best regards.

Chloe

Sure. Actually post 30 above has the kirvist eld which has the ADF.GetData function. Here it is in code:

The attached eld is just the exported eld of kirvist's code using TS 8.06.2525.

*** What version of MC are you using? ***

It is possible that an ealier version of MC is unable to read the newer TS 8.6 (8.06.xxxx) elds (posted here with kirvist's eld above and this post) properly and is unable to compile the dependent functions (it could read it but the function names are incorrect). You may need MC 5.0 and above.

The older ADE, ELC, TZS elds were produced by TS 8.3 and below and are readable with MC 3, 4.

Inputs:
Class(StringSimple),
Sym(StringSimple),
Interval(NumericSimple),
BarID(NumericSimple),
SeriesName(StringSimple),
BarsBack(NumericSimple);

Vars:
SeriesID(0),
BarIndex(0);

SeriesID = ADE.GetSeries(Class, Sym, Interval, SeriesName);
BarIndex = ADE.GetBarIndex(Class, Sym, Interval, BarID);

if BarIndex > BarsBack then
ADF.GetData = ListN.Get(SeriesID, BarIndex - BarsBack)
else
ADF.GetData = 0;

DTTPB_TZU_TTM_.ELD

Edited by thrunner
MC version dependency

Hi Thrunner,

Thanks very much. We are progressing well ! I have compiled the ADF.GetData function, it's works very well. Therefore, I could compile the DTTpb_TZU_TTM_Anchor provided by TraderJen.

Nevertheless, when I import and compile the DTTPB TZU TTM.eld you provided in post 35, I have an error message with the last line of the function I: TZS.GetSyncInfo = Index; assignment is allowed only for variables or array elements

errLine 41, errColumn 0, errLineEnd 41, errColumnEnd 0

I use Multicharts 5.0.

Do you have an idea ?

Thank you very much in advance

Best regards,

Chloe

I use Multicharts 5.0.

Do you have an idea ?

I don't think you installed ELC, ADE, TZU correctly. C: \ADE folder needs to be set up properly as well (use the ADE setup exe attached here, if you are not sure how to set up C: \ADE). I wasn't sure if this combination will work with MC, so I installed the indicators and set up the workspaces and it does work properly (see attached MC workspace pictures).

Attached please find the MC indicators (pla format) and MC workspaces using IB (Interactivebroker data feed; you will need to change the symbols in order to match your data feed).

If you can't get the attached files to work then you may need to install the ELC (1.05), ADE (1.07) and TZU again (in that order). Many files are redundant and you don't have to compile over them (choose No to All when compiling). Make sure you have ELCollections.dll in your MC programs folder.

attachment.php?attachmentid=12999&stc=1&d=1250614912

DTTTTMpb2.zip

TTMpbTrend1.gif.6f9a913d43ba1146adb0063e36aceaa2.gif

MC_DTT_pbTZU1.thumb.gif.a847b08bc8196b501f18e9dfd9f6cbb0.gif

20060907093309ADE Setup.zip

Edited by thrunner

Hi thrunner,

Thanks for your precious support. As you advised, I will install again Elcollections then ADE add-on and then TZU add-on.

I will keep you informed tomorrow

See you soon

Best regards,

Chloe

Hi Thrunner,

So, I re-installed the Elcollections, then the ADE add-on and finally the TZU add-on.

I imported the indicators you privided in post 37.

I can now confirm that the TTM anchor works very well. I do not know how to thank you. I really appreciated you help and support.

So, once again, thank you very much Thrunner.

You will find attached to indicators:

* TTM trend Anchor ticks (for ticks): I have modified you code in order to select the number of time frames (not only 4, but 1 to 4)

* TTM trend Anchor time (for minutes, daily, weekly and monthly): I have modified you code in order to select the number of time frames (not only 4, but 1 to 4)

Best regards,

Chloe

TTM TREND ANCHOR TICKS.pla

TTM TREND ANCHOR TIME.pla

Hello,

I was able to successfully install anchorsTS_Ticks in tradestation8.7, but for some reason anchorsTS-Time consistently returns an "ADE Error --- No data available for class OHLCV.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks!