Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Right. First off;

This thread is about scalping and contains live trades only. Feel free to join in, the more the merrier and when there's some competition I tend to work harder!

I'm going to show you how one way trades with very little risk but an immediate win/lose scenario can happen. I will be trading counter trend most of the time, playing bounces on major levels and news trading.

I've already finished for the week already in two trades overnight (SWEET) so I'm going to use the account this whole week to see what % return I can get over the next month or so. I will be withdrawing money out of this account everytime it hits £1500 = (-500) £2000 = (-500) £3000 = (-500) etc!

Hope you enjoy watching or contributing!

Good trading.

Starting with:

£500.01

Current Balance:

5aa70ed077caa_aggressivescalpingday1.jpg.838b3d9cd8ac14d35bfe7664bd9bd319.jpg

Must admit it was a bit of a rubbish day. Missed the morning, lots of news to trade tomorrow so i expect to make more.

Was expecting at least £600 today, I topped at £574 hit back to £550 then scratched a trade for -£4.

Bit rubbish but percentage wise it's O K.

Early morning tomorrow to news trade.

Current Balance: £546.09

Daily %:9.2%

Total %:9.2%

Total withdrawn:£0

Be back tomorrow for the london session, I'm feeling FTSE cable GJ EJ and euro scalping :D.

Good trading.

5aa70ed12e035_aggressivescalpingday1finish.jpg.f68d9b82a350d152e2a696d3e515db5c.jpg

Been scalping ok today, account is now £584, however i have been taking FAR too early. Bit gay to be honest but at least I got out of winners instead of losers. Targetting £700 today or £750. As with everything it's best to half your targets so £600/650 is more likely if this is a good day.

Can't believe i cut a euro/cable long that early, took like 5 pips each when so far 20+ pips are on the table (still on the same 5minute bar while typing). SOD IT!

Looking to buy ftse on open if the cash opens at yesterdays low. Should be ok support here i think.

How are you guys doing?

Don't even ask, I just had one hell of a whipsaw. Fatfingered on GJ, was actually in profit on it too - wish i cut it then but got logged out.

Account £588. Seriously ******* stressfukl day. I've picked the bottom at 15098 on cable. Didn't hold, could have added 15147 - didn't hold.

Now i'm short 92 97 98 and cut the first two off at 67.

Let's get back on track to £650. jesus christ.

cablechan.jpg.31bf1af6e2d51ef208be3f3f2606693a.jpg

Reading over the posts, I've been fairly emotional. Bit annoyed. I hit the top and bottom of cable today, but didn't hold them for as much as I could have.

Daily candle is forming and if it holds under 15260 then it'll be likely a new trend will start. I'm looking for shorts to hold.

Do you have good criteria for exits or is it pretty much on gut feel? If you don't have clear rules for exits then you aren't really breaking them. At the moment I tend to target the last swing in the first instance but tend to suffer the same malaise.

More or less If going against the grain i'll try to aim for where the support/resistance failed and dropped to the price. If trying to get in long i'd trade breaks and look on hourly for areas.

Thats one of the issues with looking at multiple timeframes. At some stage once your trade is under way you need to 'zoom out' a bit to allow the trade to run to the target on the bigger chart. I have found I do best when I doze off ....which has happened a couple of times this week :)

Right. First off;

This thread is about scalping and contains live trades only. Feel free to join in, the more the merrier and when there's some competition I tend to work harder!

I'm going to show you how one way trades with very little risk but an immediate win/lose scenario can happen. I will be trading counter trend most of the time, playing bounces on major levels and news trading.

I've already finished for the week already in two trades overnight (SWEET) so I'm going to use the account this whole week to see what % return I can get over the next month or so. I will be withdrawing money out of this account everytime it hits £1500 = (-500) £2000 = (-500) £3000 = (-500) etc!

Hope you enjoy watching or contributing!

Good trading.

Starting with:

£500.01

Current Balance:

I'll join you with some live trades big guy, only if thats OK of course.

Good thread by the way.

I'll be trading FTSE (100 tick) Euro Yen (500 tick) and YM (100 tick)

Cheers bud, not a lot of us out there hehe.

I've started to only trade these times:

6.30am to 12pm. News releases. Major turning points after a long rally/tank.

So haven't really been to interested in this lately, didn't gather much of a following either, ach.

What markets do you like to trade?

Most of the majors and concentrating on the volatile crosses at the moment e.g. gbp/jpy, only when clearly trending or ranging though, avoid all chop. I trade the london opening breakout and then till the early evening. I generally scalp in between waiting for long term entries. I trade other markets- ES, various commodities but I don't trade these on such small time frames because they have pretty lame spreads with IGIndex, I just trade these on daily/hourly charts.

How about yourself? News trading is something that I've generally avoided, how do you personally trade the news?