Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Eiger

[VSA] Volume Spread Analsysis Part III

This is very nice. Thanks for this. This is similar to the Better Volume Indicator by the guy at Emini-watch.com. I like this one better because it seems easier to understand.

How did you get the candles to paint the same color as the volume. I have the volume, but no the candles.

Thanks again.

David

I am glad you find it useful. I think in the newer versions of Multicharts, one can have paintbars on candles, but the older version I have, one can't, so I am simulating candles. I am basically plotting a regular bar chart and overlay it with a paintbar painting between the open and the close of the bar and increase the width of the paintbar about twice that of the width of the regular bar, so it looks like a candle.

Below is the code. If you change input CandleSim to "False", it plots the whole bar for when you want to use regular bars. If you want to simulate Candles, set the input to "TRUE" and plot it over regular bars.

The bars also might not always match the colors on the volume histogram. I only paint no demand/supply when the volume is lower than the last two bars AND the range is lesser or equal then the previous bar. If you don't like that, just remove the "and range <= range[1]" section from the if statements.

inputs:	UpColor(Green), 
		DnColor(Red),
		NoDemandColor(DarkGreen),
		NoSupplyColor(DarkRed),
		CandleSim(True);

vars:	color(0),
Vol(0);

If BarType >= 2 then Vol = Volume else Vol = Ticks;

color = White;

if C > O then begin
color = UpColor; 
If Vol < Lowest(Vol,2)[1] and range <= range[1] then color= NoDemandColor;
end	
else if C < O then begin
color = DnColor;
If Vol < Lowest(Vol,2)[1] and range <= range[1] then color = NoSupplyColor;	
end	
else begin
if C = O then color = White;
If Vol < Lowest(Vol,2)[1] then color = Yellow;	
end;	

If CandleSim then plotPB(open,close,"VSA Candle",color) 
else plotPB(High,Low,"VSA Bar",color);

Upthrusts and downthrusts... VSA major signals... they wait for confirmation etc... just go they are powerful! sometimes some sideways but almost never a wrong indicator... use as a confirmation of you plays... NEVER go against it you will get killed! I wrote an excel spredsheet that kinda finds THRUSTS... just using 3 randomly picked stocks the ones that went opposite the thrust was huge considering NOTHING else was used!

I am new to TS and EL, Sorry....How do you transfer code to TS.

I tried using copy to word but it did not maintain the correct code.

Sorry for the inexperience ...would appreciate any help ..thank you

Edited by HTM
spelling

I am new to TS and EL, Sorry....How do you transfer code to TS.

I tried using copy to word but it did not maintain the correct code.

Sorry for the inexperience ...would appreciate any help ..thank you

if you copy directly from the Code Window, you will lose the text formatting.

do it this way:

click on the "Quote" button...

then copy the code from the quote window.

TU Tams,,tried to IM you but was not allowed..

can this copy from the quote be directly copied to TS EL somewhere....are you familiar with ATW?

TXS

TU Tams,,tried to IM you but was not allowed..

can this copy from the quote be directly copied to TS EL somewhere....are you familiar with ATW?

TXS

not familiar with atw

i don't use ts anymore... can't tell you the exact way to import an indicator.

i would suggest you to spend 5 min with the user manual.

there are lots of free indicator here... can't enjoy them if you don't know how to import them.

Last night, another trader and i were reviewing the background and structure of the ES market on the 60-minute time frame. On the 60-minute, we noted that the market had been trending, but entered a trading range in early May which has now gone on for three weeks (fifteen trading days). Although the low of the range has been tested a few times, we noted an axis line (blue line on the 60-minute chart) at about 895 that the market has been rotating around for the past two weeks. Yesterday, the market closed near this line after trading lower through the afternoon. There were indications that buying was once again coming into the market at this level, and so we were anticipating that the market would trade higher today.

After selling off back into yesterday's lows and testing that area, we had several nice VSA indications occur on the 5-minute chart leading to good long trades. Even more were seen on the 3-minute time frame.

This is just another example of how understanding the background and structure of the market can help us anticipate how the market may trade tomorrow and the levels at which trades can set up.

Right now, we are begining to see a potential apex form on the 60-minute chart, indicating that the 3-week range may be coming to an end in the next day or so. We will look to be guided by this unless, of course, another development becomes clear.

Hope this is helpful,

Eiger

5aa70edbe64af_ES60-minMay2809.thumb.png.37669f46a8e0cc56e871b831f6617e0a.png

5aa70edbf0993_ES5-minMay2809.thumb.png.e036f3f0d346ec05cfe7eae25fe79fa7.png

Eiger, I know I should know these acronyms, but UT means ? and SOT means ?

One thing that VSA doesn't seem to spend much time on is the volume/spread patterns within well-known structures, such as your "apex" (i.e. triangle). Those huge volume spikes near the end of the triangle have to mean something, but I'll be darned if I can figure out whether its bearish or bullish. Symmetrical triangles are usually continuation patterns, and indeed those two big volume spikes occur where price tried to break down and failed, so my best guess is that we're looking for higher prices tomorrow.

Any thoughts on this?

...those two big volume spikes occur where price tried to break down and failed, so my best guess is that we're looking for higher prices tomorrow ...

I don't know if it will be tomorrow that we leave this trading range, but soon as the swings are getting narrower. That looks like buying to me, as well. Also, looking at the SPY daily chart, you can see that the gains off the early March lows are being held. There is no sign of distribution here, which would indicate higher prices.

Eiger

5aa70edc34b2a_SPYDailyMay292009.thumb.png.c1c5115df374030b5a246113488d3f31.png

There is no sign of distribution here, which would indicate higher prices.

Eiger

Just for review, and for the newbies to this thread, would you please show us or tell us what the signs of distribution are, so we'll know them when they finally show up? Many thanks,

Tasuki

... would you please show us or tell us what the signs of distribution are ...

Let's make this a group discussion where we can all learn.

I have already suggested one indication that this is more likely to be reaccumulation than distribution: we are in a strong uptrend and thus far, this last 15-day trading range has held the gains made from the rally off the March lows (Note, though, that Friday's price action put us into a potential UT position, which takes some of the chips off the bullish side).

If others participate, we all have the opportunity to have insights from things we didn't see.

Eiger

small surprise from market:)

Friday I started trading in afternoon ,and market was in chop ,very poor volume ,level 903 was peak of volume from thursday(for me support) and after stopping volume (1) next bar make higher high,close on same price as high of bar num. 1 , next bar (2) was test of supply , I had entry signal on 500 V chart after break high of test bar , so I almost push the button,but I told myself ........it has not potential of move ,volume is poor , so i didnt take trade and close the platform,switched off computer ..... so result is not bad :)?? ...market is unpredictable , small lesson for me

http://www.sierrachart.com/userimages/upload_2/1243778229_55_UploadImage.png

http://www.sierrachart.com/userimages/upload_2/1243778377_97_UploadImage.png

BACKGROUND

http://www.sierrachart.com/userimages/upload_2/1243779050_0_UploadImage.png

Edited by kuky969

Just for review, and for the newbies to this thread, would you please show us or tell us what the signs of distribution are, so we'll know them when they finally show up? Many thanks,

Tasuki

I try find distribution in 1 or 4 h. TF chart. I simply trying to find wide spread down bars on very high volume ( peak of volume from a few last bars) and subsequently price didnt move back or move back very slowly on decreased volume and next quick down move on extra high volume bar. just my view. It is hardly see always on 1 h or 4 h. TF so I try change time frame to 2 hour. But often I simply dont see it. Often I try find very nice "end of rising market" on bigger TF.

Edited by kuky969

Hi eiger B was selling C was potential stopping volume agree D was excellent area for no demand short G agressive long no supply test 3 bars after K was high effort no result supply bar @ previous areas of demand E and F---

Good Stuff Eiger:)

eiger, i am wondering what your take is on yesterdays session end action

another time those guys who trade over 100k of contracts in a few minutes showed their hands.

1244552315_18_UploadImage.png

1244552422_83_UploadImage.png

Just let it go. The points for and against TG was made over and over very clearly. Please let this thread stay on track for the people who are interested in it. If you are against VSA and/or TG then simply don't read the thread and focus on things which do interest you.

If you think VSA/TG is misleading people, instead of telling everyone how bad it is, open a new thread to show and educate people about how they should be trading.

Well said, sevensa! Just let it go! The points made are important, no doubt about it, but they've been said over and over for three threads now.

Personally, I want to get back to VSA for trading. I tried to convince soultrader that we needed a thread where you could only post if you shared a chart. He didn't buy it, but I still think it's a good idea. You know the old saying, "say it with flowers"? Well, I suggest that we "Say it with charts".

The attached chart is of DXO, a proxy for crude oil. Nobody has ever posted a chart of DXO on this forum, which brings up a point I want to make--there are thousands upon thousands of interesting charts from all manner of trading vehicles that we could be sharing. Here I go quoting a well-known saying again---remember that old line from World War II, "smoke 'em if ya got'em" (famously quoted by the protagonist played by Bruce Willis in the movie "Die Hard")---

well, I say,

"Post 'em if ya got 'em!"

Tasuki

SOSOW.thumb.png.403f04070ba64be77889ea27caf279f4.png

Yesterday, I was talking with a group of traders about support and resistance. Four points were made:

1. Look for obvious levels of S/R - levels that all traders can readily see
  2. Understand that S/R levels should be thought of not as specific numbers, but as an area or zone
  3. Note that what was once support will often turn into resistance and what was once resistance will often become support
  4. Look for a confluence of S/R where multiple trend lines and/or multiple time frames form a S/R area

We had this situation occur in the premarket trading this morning in the S&Ps. The 60-minute chart shows yesterday's high became support this AM - an obvious level. The 5-minute time frame tested this old resistance-now-support area or zone - a confluence of support. When then get a high-odds set-up to trade long --the classic Wyckoff Spring at an obvious area of support, which takes us to new highs - it doesn't get much better than that!

Hope this is helpful,

Eiger

5aa70eec18493_Springatsupport60-min6-19-09.png.87ff54faa7ab6fe0014b24e6e2dab520.png

5aa70eec1dcf7_Springatsupport5-min6-19-09.png.4ec7153963c8f57eb46ebe4a877334c0.png

When then get a high-odds set-up to trade long --the classic Wyckoff Spring at an obvious area of support, which takes us to new highs - it doesn't get much better than that!

Hope this is helpful,

Eiger

Perhaps you're thinking of Wyckoff's "springboard", which is addressed in detail in his course. There is no mention of "springs". Or perhaps there's a VSA pattern that matches what you see in the chart.

Incidentally, it's probably worth pointing out the resistance at 924-5, particularly for those who aren't scalping.

Edited by DbPhoenix
Add resistance note

No, this is hardly about the springboard. Nor is it about a pattern. Wyckoff found little value in patterns such as flags and pennants, head and shoulders, rectangles and boxes, etc. He found them unreliable, as does VSA. This is about the Wyckoff principle of the danger point and the ability to rally away from that danger point. In a successful Spring, the market will dip below support and into the danger of falling bearishly, but instead turns around and rallies back above the danger point, as it did here. It is a choice point to buy, and certainly not a place to be thinking about a short. This Spring gave at least 3-4 points in premarket trading and, given the higher high above yesterday's high (i.e., bullish market behavior) all or a portion of the position could be held for a play to the next obvious resistance level of 925 -- hardly a scalp.

Good to see you cleaned up you 7:33 AM post about your box pattern 1462 and the short you called for. The Naz has been the relative strength leader (another important Wyckoff concept) and had the same pre-market Spring. Springs are well worth studying. You can learn all about them in Unit 3 of the Richard D. Wyckoff Course on Stock Market Science and Technique. Relative strength is also a helpful concept and added to the Naz Spring. Relative strength and weakness is found in Unit 2.

Hope this is helpful,

Eiger

Edited by Eiger

No, this is hardly about the springboard. Nor is it about a pattern. Wyckoff found little value in patterns such as flags and pennants, head and shoulders, rectangles and boxes, etc. He found them unreliable, as does VSA. This is about the Wyckoff principle of the danger point and the ability to rally away from that danger point. In a successful Spring, the market will dip below support and into the danger of falling bearishly, but instead turns around and rallies back above the danger point, as it did here. It is a choice point to buy, and certainly not a place to be thinking about a short. This Spring gave at least 3-4 points in premarket trading and, given the higher high above yesterday's high (i.e., bullish market behavior) all or a portion of the position could be held for a play to the next obvious resistance level of 925 -- hardly a scalp.

Hope this is helpful,

Eiger

Actually, it's all about the springboard, since that is what has been forming since yesterday morning. And though I agree about Wyckoff's attitudes towards the Schabacker-style pattern, the springboard is a pattern, as is the hinge.

In any case, this isn't about danger points, either, unless you consider anything outside support or resistance to be a danger point. But that can lead to problems in real-time trading.

And, again, there is no mention of "Springs" in Wyckoff's course.

As for the scalp, I guess it depends on how you define "scalp". When you posted your chart, price was at 22.5. So far, it hasn't been able to get past 23.

But getting back to VSA, can you describe all of this in VSA terms rather than Wyckoff since this is the VSA Forum?

Hope this is helpful.

Good to see you cleaned up you 7:33 AM post about your box pattern 1462 and the short you called for. The Naz has been the relative strength leader (another important Wyckoff concept) and had the same pre-market Spring. Springs are well worth studying. You can learn all about them in Unit 3 of the Richard D. Wyckoff Course on Stock Market Science and Technique. Relative strength is also a helpful concept and added to the Naz Spring. Relative strength and weakness is found in Unit 2.

Ah, a change to your original post. What short did I call for? What I wrote was "Just a note to point out that premkt activity highlights 62 yet again as the price level to pay close attention to." Hardly a call to short. Those who've read the material know quite well that resistance can become support when price rises into it.

As for "Unit 3", that's part of the SMI course. As I said, Wyckoff makes no mention of them.

Edited by DbPhoenix

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By vishnux
      Hey guys , what are the main things you look for to detect if the consolidation area is accumulating or distributing ? 
      1 ) I see springs in top , still markup happens and it becomes accumulation area and vice versa
      2) There is lots of volume absorption in support line and still markdown occurs.
      3) sometimes in market high / low it becomes re-accumulation  / re-distribution
      Is there any clear way to find it ? 
  • Topics

• Date: 18th April 2024. Market News – Stock markets benefit from Dollar correction. Economic Indicators & Central Banks:   Technical buying, bargain hunting, and risk aversion helped Treasuries rally and unwind recent losses. Yields dropped from the recent 2024 highs. Asian stock markets strengthened, as the US Dollar corrected in the wake of comments from Japan’s currency chief Masato Kanda, who said G7 countries continue to stress that excessive swings and disorderly moves in the foreign exchange market were harmful for economies. US Stockpiles expanded to 10-month high. The data overshadowed the impact of geopolitical tensions in the Middle East as traders await Israel’s response to Iran’s unprecedented recent attack. President Joe Biden called for higher tariffs on imports of Chinese steel and aluminum.   Financial Markets Performance:   The USDIndex stumbled, falling to 105.66 at the end of the day from the intraday high of 106.48. It lost ground against most of its G10 peers. There wasn’t much on the calendar to provide new direction. USDJPY lows retesting the 154 bottom! NOT an intervention yet. BoJ/MoF USDJPY intervention happens when there is more than 100+ pip move in seconds, not 50 pips. USOIL slumped by 3% near $82, as US crude inventories rose by 2.7 million barrels last week, hitting the highest level since last June, while gauges of fuel demand declined. Gold strengthened as the dollar weakened and bullion is trading at $2378.44 per ounce. Market Trends:   Wall Street closed in the red after opening with small corrective gains. The NASDAQ underperformed, slumping -1.15%, with the S&P500 -0.58% lower, while the Dow lost -0.12. The Nikkei closed 0.2% higher, the Hang Seng gained more than 1. European and US futures are finding buyers. A gauge of global chip stocks and AI bellwether Nvidia Corp. have both fallen into a technical correction. The TMSC reported its first profit rise in a year, after strong AI demand revived growth at the world’s biggest contract chipmaker. The main chipmaker to Apple Inc. and Nvidia Corp. recorded a 9% rise in net income, beating estimates. Always trade with strict risk management. Your capital is the single most important aspect of your trading business. Please note that times displayed based on local time zone and are from time of writing this report. Click HERE to access the full HFM Economic calendar. Want to learn to trade and analyse the markets? Join our webinars and get analysis and trading ideas combined with better understanding on how markets work. Click HERE to register for FREE! Click HERE to READ more Market news. Andria Pichidi Market Analyst HFMarkets Disclaimer: This material is provided as a general marketing communication for information purposes only and does not constitute an independent investment research. Nothing in this communication contains, or should be considered as containing, an investment advice or an investment recommendation or a solicitation for the purpose of buying or selling of any financial instrument. All information provided is gathered from reputable sources and any information containing an indication of past performance is not a guarantee or reliable indicator of future performance. Users acknowledge that any investment in FX and CFDs products is characterized by a certain degree of uncertainty and that any investment of this nature involves a high level of risk for which the users are solely responsible and liable. We assume no liability for any loss arising from any investment made based on the information provided in this communication. This communication must not be reproduced or further distributed without our prior written permission.
    • Date: 17th April 2024. Market News – Appetite for risk-taking remains weak. Economic Indicators & Central Banks:   Stocks, Treasury yields and US Dollar stay firmed. Fed Chair Powell added to the recent sell off. His slightly more hawkish tone further priced out chances for any imminent action and the timing of a cut was pushed out further. He suggested if higher inflation does persist, the Fed will hold rates steady “for as long as needed.” Implied Fed Fund: There remains no real chance for a move on May 1 and at their intraday highs the June implied funds rate future showed only 5 bps, while July reflected only 10 bps. And a full 25 bps was not priced in until November, with 38 bps in cuts seen for 2024. US & EU Economies Diverging: Lagarde says ECB is moving toward rate cuts – if there are no major shocks. UK March CPI inflation falls less than expected. Output price inflation has started to nudge higher, despite another decline in input prices. Together with yesterday’s higher than expected wage numbers, the data will add to the arguments of the hawks at the BoE, which remain very reluctant to contemplate rate cuts. Canada CPI rose 0.6% in March, double the 0.3% February increase BUT core eased. The doors are still open for a possible cut at the next BoC meeting on June 5. IMF revised up its global growth forecast for 2024 with inflation easing, in its new World Economic Outlook. This is consistent with a global soft landing, according to the report. Financial Markets Performance:   USDJPY also inched up to 154.67 on expectations the BoJ will remain accommodative and as the market challenges a perceived 155 red line for MoF intervention. USOIL prices slipped -0.15% to $84.20 per barrel. Gold rose 0.24% to $2389.11 per ounce, a new record closing high as geopolitical risks overshadowed the impacts of rising rates and the stronger dollar. Market Trends:   Wall Street waffled either side of unchanged on the day amid dimming rate cut potential, rising yields, and earnings. The major indexes closed mixed with the Dow up 0.17%, while the S&P500 and NASDAQ lost -0.21% and -0.12%, respectively. Asian stock markets mostly corrected again, with Japanese bourses underperforming and the Nikkei down -1.3%. Mainland China bourses were a notable exception and the CSI 300 rallied 1.4%, but the MSCI Asia Pacific index came close to erasing the gains for this year. Always trade with strict risk management. Your capital is the single most important aspect of your trading business. Please note that times displayed based on local time zone and are from time of writing this report. Click HERE to access the full HFM Economic calendar. Want to learn to trade and analyse the markets? Join our webinars and get analysis and trading ideas combined with better understanding on how markets work. Click HERE to register for FREE! Click HERE to READ more Market news. Andria Pichidi Market Analyst HFMarkets Disclaimer: This material is provided as a general marketing communication for information purposes only and does not constitute an independent investment research. Nothing in this communication contains, or should be considered as containing, an investment advice or an investment recommendation or a solicitation for the purpose of buying or selling of any financial instrument. All information provided is gathered from reputable sources and any information containing an indication of past performance is not a guarantee or reliable indicator of future performance. Users acknowledge that any investment in FX and CFDs products is characterized by a certain degree of uncertainty and that any investment of this nature involves a high level of risk for which the users are solely responsible and liable. We assume no liability for any loss arising from any investment made based on the information provided in this communication. This communication must not be reproduced or further distributed without our prior written permission.vvvvvvv
    • Date: 16th April 2024. Market News – Stocks and currencies sell off; USD up. Economic Indicators & Central Banks:   Stocks and currencies sell off, while the US Dollar picks up haven flows. Treasuries yields spiked again to fresh 2024 peaks before paring losses into the close, post, the stronger than expected retail sales eliciting a broad sell off in the markets. Rates surged as the data pushed rate cut bets further into the future with July now less than a 50-50 chance. Wall Street finished with steep declines led by tech. Stocks opened in the green on a relief trade after Israel repulsed the well advertised attack from Iran on Sunday. But equities turned sharply lower and extended last week’s declines amid the rise in yields. Investor concerns were intensified as Israel threatened retaliation. There’s growing anxiety over earnings even after a big beat from Goldman Sachs. UK labor market data was mixed, as the ILO unemployment rate unexpectedly lifted, while wage growth came in higher than anticipated – The data suggests that the labor market is catching up with the recession. Mixed messages then for the BoE. China grew by 5.3% in Q1 however the numbers are causing a lot of doubts over sustainability of this growth. The bounce came in the first 2 months of the year. In March, growth in retail sales slumped and industrial output decelerated below forecasts, suggesting challenges on the horizon. Today: Germany ZEW, US housing starts & industrial production, Fed Vice Chair Philip Jefferson speech, BOE Bailey speech & IMF outlook. Earnings releases: Morgan Stanley and Bank of America. Financial Markets Performance:   The US Dollar rallied to 106.19 after testing 106.25, gaining against JPY and rising to 154.23, despite intervention risk. Yen traders started to see the 160 mark as the next Resistance level. Gold surged 1.76% to $2386 per ounce amid geopolitical risks and Chinese buying, even as the USD firmed and yields climbed. USOIL is flat at $85 per barrel. Market Trends:   Breaks of key technical levels exacerbated the sell off. Tech was the big loser with the NASDAQ plunging -1.79% to 15,885 while the S&P500 dropped -1.20% to 5061, with the Dow sliding -0.65% to 37,735. The S&P had the biggest 2-day sell off since March 2023. Nikkei and ASX lost -1.9% and -1.8% respectively, and the Hang Seng is down -2.1%. European bourses are down more than -1% and US futures are also in the red. CTA selling tsunami: “Just a few points lower CTAs will for the first time this year start selling in size, to add insult to injury, we are breaking major trend-lines in equities and the gamma stabilizer is totally gone.” Short term CTA threshold levels are kicking in big time according to GS. Medium term is 4873 (most important) while the long term level is at 4605. Always trade with strict risk management. Your capital is the single most important aspect of your trading business. Please note that times displayed based on local time zone and are from time of writing this report. Click HERE to access the full HFM Economic calendar. Want to learn to trade and analyse the markets? Join our webinars and get analysis and trading ideas combined with better understanding on how markets work. Click HERE to register for FREE! Click HERE to READ more Market news. Andria Pichidi Market Analyst HFMarkets Disclaimer: This material is provided as a general marketing communication for information purposes only and does not constitute an independent investment research. Nothing in this communication contains, or should be considered as containing, an investment advice or an investment recommendation or a solicitation for the purpose of buying or selling of any financial instrument. All information provided is gathered from reputable sources and any information containing an indication of past performance is not a guarantee or reliable indicator of future performance. Users acknowledge that any investment in FX and CFDs products is characterized by a certain degree of uncertainty and that any investment of this nature involves a high level of risk for which the users are solely responsible and liable. We assume no liability for any loss arising from any investment made based on the information provided in this communication. This communication must not be reproduced or further distributed without our prior written permission.
    • Date: 15th April 2024. Market News – Negative Reversion; Safe Havens Rally. Trading Leveraged Products is risky Economic Indicators & Central Banks:   Markets weigh risk of retaliation cycle in Middle East. Initially the retaliatory strike from Iran on Israel fostered a haven bid, into bonds, gold and other haven assets, as it threatens a wider regional conflict. However, this morning, Oil and Asian equity markets were muted as traders shrugged off fears of a war escalation in the Middle East. Iran said “the matter can be deemed concluded”, and President Joe Biden has called on Israel to exercise restraint following Iran’s drone and missile strike, as part of Washington’s efforts to ease tensions in the Middle East and minimize the likelihood of a widespread regional conflict. New US and UK sanctions banned deliveries of Russian supplies, i.e. key industrial metals, produced after midnight on Friday. Aluminum jumped 9.4%, nickel rose 8.8%, suggesting brokers are bracing for major supply chain disruption. Financial Markets Performance:   The USDIndex fell back from highs over 106 to currently 105.70. The Yen dip against USD to 153.85. USOIL settled lower at 84.50 per barrel and Gold is trading below session highs at currently $2357.92 per ounce. Copper, more liquid and driven by the global economy over recent weeks, was more subdued this morning. Currently at $4.3180. Market Trends:   Asian stock markets traded mixed, but European and US futures are slightly higher after a tough session on Friday and yields have picked up. Mainland China bourses outperformed overnight, after Beijing offered renewed regulatory support. The PBOC meanwhile left the 1-year MLF rate unchanged, while once again draining funds from the system. Nikkei slipped 1% to 39,114.19. On Friday, NASDAQ slumped -1.62% to 16,175, unwinding most of Thursday’s 1.68% jump to a new all-time high at 16,442. The S&P500 fell -1.46% and the Dow dropped 1.24%. Declines were broadbased with all 11 sectors of the S&P finishing in the red. JPMorgan Chase sank 6.5% despite reporting stronger profit in Q1. The nation’s largest bank gave a forecast for a key source of income this year that fell below Wall Street’s estimate, calling for only modest growth. Apple shipments drop by 10% in Q1. Always trade with strict risk management. Your capital is the single most important aspect of your trading business. Please note that times displayed based on local time zone and are from time of writing this report. Click HERE to access the full HFM Economic calendar. Want to learn to trade and analyse the markets? Join our webinars and get analysis and trading ideas combined with better understanding on how markets work. Click HERE to register for FREE! Click HERE to READ more Market news. Andria Pichidi Market Analyst HFMarkets Disclaimer: This material is provided as a general marketing communication for information purposes only and does not constitute an independent investment research. Nothing in this communication contains, or should be considered as containing, an investment advice or an investment recommendation or a solicitation for the purpose of buying or selling of any financial instrument. All information provided is gathered from reputable sources and any information containing an indication of past performance is not a guarantee or reliable indicator of future performance. Users acknowledge that any investment in FX and CFDs products is characterized by a certain degree of uncertainty and that any investment of this nature involves a high level of risk for which the users are solely responsible and liable. We assume no liability for any loss arising from any investment made based on the information provided in this communication. This communication must not be reproduced or further distributed without our prior written permission.
    • The morning of my last post I happened to glance over to the side and saw “...angst over the FOMC’s rate trajectory triggered a flight to safety, hence boosting the haven demand. “   http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/topic/21621-hfmarkets-hfmcom-market-analysis-services/page/17/?tab=comments#comment-228522   I reacted, but didn’t take time to  respond then... will now --- HFBlogNews, I don’t know if you are simply aggregating the chosen narratives for the day or if it’s your own reporting... either way - “flight to safety”????  haven ?????  Re: “safety  - ”Those ‘solid rocks’ are getting so fragile a hit from a dandelion blowball might shatter them... like now nobody wants to buy longer term new issues at these rates...yet the financial media still follows the scripts... The imagery they pound day in and day out makes it look like the Fed knows what they’re doing to help ‘us’... They do know what they’re doing - but it certainly is not to help ‘us’... and it is not to ‘control’ inflation... And at some point in the not too distant future, the interest due will eat a huge portion of the ‘revenue’ Re: “haven” The defaults are coming ...  The US will not be the first to default... but it will certainly not be the very last to default !! ...Enough casual anti-white racism for the day  ... just sayin’

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.