Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

jojojo

Write to the Right (side)

Hi

There are many tricks out there concerning plotting text-info on a chart.Like always in EasyLanguage there are several possibilities (or better call it tricks) to achieve that - due to the poor limitations of the language.I think lots of you spended more time on finding solutions for a specific problem you never thought of it would increase to never ending..............

ok ,just joking

one of the finest solutions for this text - keeping is inside of Ant's genious MD.

Unfortunately he retired very soon - so no further assistance.Maybe someone could help to bring light into this coding structures, so one can use this concept for own analysis.

What I did here is to strip the code down to the column at the right side of the chart to remove everything unnessecary .

As I said before it's just for needs of understanding how this code works and how to reproduce this as "text-on-right-side-module".

I'm no learned programmer so I could not get through enough.

Idea might be to code something as exercise to the right side - maybe just the close of each tick or something similar.

It's just an idea how to start with this - every idea welcome

Regs Jojo:crap:

5aa70ec9cc81a_writetotheright)v2.thumb.png.1b5d179c8afca28cb47dc7601972458b.png

5aa70ec9d247d_writetotheright)v2pic.thumb.png.5ae9c0056392bec13c5ddcd1d1c8ec8b.png

RIGHTSIDE.ELD

Edited by jojojo

I am not sure if I understand what you are looking for or trying to achieve.

Tams, my guess is that he is creating a template for an info panel that sits on right side of screen.

Is that correct jojojo? If so, you might also try the panel as a separate window... easier to maintain, etc.

zdo

zdo you are right - just a template: idea was (for instance) to write the close at the right side (just for demonstration purposes).

By the way this eld works as a realtime volume per price distribution , if you let run the whole day.

regs

Jojo

Hi

There are many tricks out there concerning plotting text-info on a chart....

very nice codes!

it is like a market profile.

note: for MultiCharts users: you have to change the variable i because i is a reserved word in MultiCharts.

I have attached the amended code for your convenience.

(you will still need to get the function from the ELD above.)

p.s. You can also take a look at my ATR Marker to see how I position the text.

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f46/atr-marker-5655.html

9933d1238068600-atr-marker-atr_marker.gif

!BB_(Multicharts_version).txt

Edited by Tams

thanx

but these ones do not work very well on tickcharts - due to the minute -resolution.

you will need MultiCharts to do the sub-minute chart objects.

MultiCharts has extended the EasyLanguage to include:

time_s

tl_new_s

tl_new_self_s

text_new_s

text_new_self_s

arw_new_s

arw_new_self_s

hi there

to push this a step further I worked a bid on this : please see attached pic

We have to go into deeper programming structures to fully understand this code - one step more on a learning curve

5aa70eca221b9_KLAMMERN.thumb.png.769427c460668df8cd8cd29198a34e25.png