Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

MidKnight

Volume Data Missing

Hello,

I have no idea what might be the problem here. I am sort of familiar with the IRT/MD software of which I was an avid user about 2 years ago. I have recently resigned up to re-evaluate its usefulness to me but am stuck getting it quote me all the data.

I'm only tracking two symbols, both are foreign futures markets (esignal symbology NI225 M9-OSM and NI225_M M9-OSM). Both have been 'setup' according the how to setup symbols video. Interestingly, when I have tried to set them up, the software is telling me they are invalid futures types. No idea why, I have setup the futures type for NI225 and NI225_M. Both the symbols are setup with the appropriate session start times relative to my current locale (GMT+12).

This all seems to work fine for historical data requests. I can chart these symbols, and backfill their tick data. I can even get real-time price quotes, but I get NO volume data. The T&S screens show zero for volume. The footprint charts show 0x0 on all the real-time ticks. I don't understand what is going on here. The .Futures quotepage shows the day volume accumulating for every tick.

Please see the attached screenshots.

My sincere thanks in advance for any insights provided.

With kind regards,

MK

5aa70ec99b6f3_dotfuturesQP.png.f6050d4d74a58f37598f8e6fe969afc1.png

Footprint.png.e65a9a1ad1c7c01475b33764908f8a47.png

Maybe the problem here is that IRT/MD does not have the necessary exchange available for Japanese products? The esignal exchange symbol for Osaka futures is OSM. The esignal exchange symbol for the Tokyo futures it TPX. Neither are available in the exchange dropdown of futures setup. I have tried the OSE.JPN exchange shown there but that made no difference either - looks more like an Interactive Brokers exchange.

This shows the correct symbol to use for the Osaka traded Nikkei mini and here is the error message I get back from the software. It just isn't recognizing this a futures symbol - how come? I have created a futures type of NI225_M.

It would be great to get this working. I can only test it out in real-time data.

5aa70ec9e90b6_Instrumentsetup.png.ea226474ee3f55fd65381d751cb76eb0.png

Just a follow up here, problem was resolved with a complete re-install of MD and upgrading to the latest esignal data manager. Chad was responsive in working with me trouble shoot the problem - thanks Chad.