Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

angelaktariel

Need Replacement for Tradestation

Well, today is the day, when I finally got tired of Tradestation it seems, so I am trying to get feedback on what other platforms are out there with good datafeed. I daytrade stocks and ETF's, not a swingtrader, so I don't want to pay $10 per trade. This is what I am getting on TS right now and I just can't work with this.

3467949925_40fdfb14b4.jpg

Anyway, I am open for suggestions....

Thanks very much!

if you have custom indicators/strategies written in EasyLanguage, then

MultiChart/InteractiveBrokers is my choice.

Edited by Tams

Angela-

Tradestation is not able to trade equities prior to 8 a.m. The bad tick looks like 7:30 a.m. How did this affect your day?

This sort of thing is often a signal of potential market action and not worth too much emotion.

APPL charts don't show this tick, so it was corrected off.

Angela-

Tradestation is not able to trade equities prior to 8 a.m. The bad tick looks like 7:30 a.m. How did this affect your day?

This sort of thing is often a signal of potential market action and not worth too much emotion.

APPL charts don't show this tick, so it was corrected off.

Power555, APPL wasn't the only one affected by this, I just showed that one, and there are a lot of people on TS Forum, who have been affected. This happened last week with DIA and SPY as well, and have had issues in the past with connectivity, so I don't feel I am acting on emotions here. I found out, if I reload the chart, it gets corrected, however the matrix is affected, too, therefore I can't trade, nor do I trust today's charts based on this.

I am checking out the above options, thanks guys for that and see what else is out there.

Hi Angela:

My data was off today as well at TS. CME was $1.6 million per share at one point. I was trading AAPL when my screen re-set and and the price was replaced by what appeared to be volume bars.

Another alternative platform is NinjaTrader/IB. From what I've seen, and I'm not all that seasoned at trading, all of the data providers and platforms have bad days from time-to-time. LightSpeed is also supposed to be good except under volume duress. As previously stated, you can use your TS indicators, etc., in Multicharts.

I am sure all TS users are aware by now that TS has introduced a network protocol patch that seems to be mandatory by May 1, 2009 that will be required for all builds of TS.

Whether this is a good thing remains debatable, because we don't really know what it does. If this is a way for them to throttle clients with excess network bandwidth usage during trading hours, it may be a good thing. If it indiscriminately throttles all bandwidth, it may be bad. Hopefully, this will bring some stability to the network and prevent future outages.

Important Information Affecting All TradeStation Users

attachment.php?attachmentid=10307&stc=1&d=1240621510

TSCriticalUpdate2009-04-23_224831.gif.4496f1644b16d34e2c0e233f5d9de8ee.gif