Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Szymon

Drummond Geometry

HI Guys,

Can someone tell me is there a way to pass a global variable from one chart with a different timeframe to another chart within Multicharts software without using any additional higher time frame symbols on that chart or DLL (Dynamic LInk Library) files.

All help will be much appreciated.

Regards

Simon

you can use ADE to pass variables between charts of any kind (low res to high res).

but I am not sure if I understand your intention.

can you post a diagram to illustrate the data flow?

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f46/ade-all-data-everywhere-easylanguage-5934.html

Edited by Tams

HI Tams,

Thanks for that great information and files.

I will probably need your help implementing this in to multicharts.

So what I need is to put the nearby 1 hourly indicator into the 5 minutes chart using multicharts In a bar by bar format without drawing a rectangle.

I have attached a chart with the example.

I will give this a try tomorrow.

Simon

complete.thumb.JPG.e24ccff2d377784b1db523fde03481bc.JPG

HI Tams,

Thanks for that great information and files.

I will probably need your help implementing this in to multicharts.

So what I need is to put the nearby 1 hourly indicator into the 5 minutes chart using multicharts In a bar by bar format without drawing a rectangle.

I have attached a chart with the example.

I will give this a try tomorrow.

Simon

I see some arrows and lines... but I am not sure if I understand your message.

You will need to write some notes on the chart...

e.g.

this is xxx

I want to see xxx over there

this is how i want to see xxxx ( a mock up )

to avoid OT.... you might want to start a new thread in the coding forum.

I see some arrows and lines... but I am not sure if I understand your message.

You will need to write some notes on the chart...

e.g.

this is xxx

I want to see xxx over there

this is how i want to see xxxx ( a mock up )

to avoid OT.... you might want to start a new thread in the coding forum.

Hi Tams,

Thanks for your message and sorry for the late reply.

Anyway what I wanted is to move the value of the nearby indicator from the one hour chart into the five minute chart. I have worked this one out using the same way as I did with the pl dot higher time frame indicators.

So thanks again for the help.

Regards

Simon

Check my comments on tech analysis. My partner is Gann's last living student, Joe Rondinone. I am a Gann fan but not using the fan. Gann could and you can tell where the market is going to the penny in advance. He wrote about it. I know one guy that is teaching it but, he is off a little. Just seperate the chart into 8 horizontal lines if you get it right you will have the secret. If I can find an article I wrote years ago Ill post it.

Apig CTA

mmmhh - im really interested to who you are as i am joes protoge and long time freind. what you just said doesnt make sense , "dividing the lines into 8 " Joe wasa student but moved away from Gann stuff and created his own work - symmetrics - that does work and you dont have to be a rocket sceintest or learn ganns propped up complexities which i might add dont work the way people market them.

Joe had many people saying they were partners ? care to explain

thanks

mmmhh - im really interested to who you are as i am joes protoge and long time freind. what you just said doesnt make sense , "dividing the lines into 8 " Joe wasa student but moved away from Gann stuff and created his own work - symmetrics - that does work and you dont have to be a rocket sceintest or learn ganns propped up complexities which i might add dont work the way people market them.

Joe had many people saying they were partners ? care to explain

thanks

You are just as anonymous as he is and everything you question about him, can be questioned about you as well, especially since your post can be perceived as borderline spam.

btw, I used to be Joe's jogging buddy until he got rich and fat from selling the holy grail...

You are just as anonymous as he is and everything you question about him, can be questioned about you as well, especially since your post can be perceived as borderline spam.

btw, I used to be Joe's jogging buddy until he got rich and fat from selling the holy grail...

Really? Tell us more, Fanus....:smoking:

Really? Tell us more, Fanus....:smoking:

I keep on being amazed by the sad lives some people have if this is the best they can do with their time digging up months old posts and making fools of themselves. As pathetic and desperate a ploy to draw attention to oneself as I have ever seen. This could have been funny, until one realize this is geniunely the highlight of someone's day. Can't help but to feel sorry for people like that.

Anyone using DG to trade Forex? I've been getting deeper into DG and find that it works really well on the main Forex pairs, my preferred trading vehicles.

Annie

Hi Annie,

What time frames have you been trading those Forex pairs? What's your favorite setup?

Regards

Simon

I am posting to see first if anyone is still around to discuss with.

I have done the course before the MM lessons appeared and yes it is very tough going but worth it.:missy:

Hi,

Would anyone know how to write TS code for the Drummond moving average showing the dot on the next bar when it opens? Nothing fancy.

I've been trading stocks using the Drumond MA calculating the next projection using excel.

Thnxs

Hi,

Would anyone know how to write TS code for the Drummond moving average showing the dot on the next bar when it opens? Nothing fancy.

I've been trading stocks using the Drumond MA calculating the next projection using excel.

Thnxs

do you think someone can code it with this information?

var: dot11(0);
begin
 dot11 = (H+L+C)/3;
 plot [-1] ((dot11+dot11[1]+dot11[2])/3);
end;

Typed this straight into the forum but should work. It will plot the forming live dot too so you need to ensure you have a couple of bars spacing to the right in your chart.

Hello,

I would like to return this thread to life.

I have been trading Drummond Geometry for some time and I have a question for all of you who knows it.

In the course they use a term "hold". Support a resistance can hold or break. There are two ways a level can hold:

1. "hold" - price never reaches the level
  2. "hold on close" - price reaches and trades above/below the level, but closes below/above, so holding on close.

From your experience, is there any difference between the two ways? For instance if support holds on close and resistance just holds, does it tell that the both levels are strong equally?

Wookey