Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Szymon

Drummond Geometry

Hi All,

Here is a crude chart of the daily AUD/USD with the large time frame PL Dots. There is a high probability that it will return to the monthly or quarterly PL Dots.

Your views will be welcome.

Regards

Simon

5aa70eefd16b0_AUD_USDSpot.thumb.png.e9927c119cf2d048aa39306bce4b71cb.png

Does somebody use the 5.. and 6... lines described in their lesson 2 in his actual trading or are these ideas out of date especially for intraday trading?

The 5 and 6 lines are very important in Drummond Geometry, especially when you look from the higher times frames. The most important concept is if they are holding or breaking (Yes or No pattern).

I have not put them on my last chart, I use Multicharts as my charting software if you look at some of my earlier posts in this thread you will see the 5/6 lines there.

Regards

Simon

Thanks. I begin to program some of the “R-Vals” described in the pdf on the bottom of the page

DG2 New Concepts Software – Drummond Geometry

Do you have some experience which are worth to put some effort in ?

Thanks for that link, I had a look at it and have not gone that far in the course. I am still programming the first part of the course into multicharts.

I like these concepts in the pdf but will have to be patient and wait until I finish programming everything else before I get to this part.

I have provided a direct link for other Drummond Geometry followers maybe they will have some answers.

http://drummondgeometry.com/docs/pdf/new_concepts.pdf

Regards

Simon

The fives are great imho. If you think about the geometry, they are essentially trend lines constructed from two bars. Because of the nature of HTP interactions they can be significant. The dot and ET are great for organising where you are and act as support resistance in there own right (ooops I meant termination!). 11's are useful too, especially when they line up with the envelope framework, these are essentially 'floor traders pivots.

The new stuff looks all well and good but seems to me to be paving the way for automation and backtesting (many with binary outputs). I would focus on the core stuff myself. (unless your interest is automation).

I developed my own version of the zones as an aid to organising farther out geometry (in a similar way to how the EB ET & Dot are used to organise nearby energy.

The fives are great imho. If you think about the geometry, they are essentially trend lines constructed from two bars. Because of the nature of HTP interactions they can be significant. The dot and ET are great for organising where you are and act as support resistance in there own right (ooops I meant termination!). 11's are useful too, especially when they line up with the envelope framework, these are essentially 'floor traders pivots.

The new stuff looks all well and good but seems to me to be paving the way for automation and backtesting (many with binary outputs). I would focus on the core stuff myself. (unless your interest is automation).

I developed my own version of the zones as an aid to organising farther out geometry (in a similar way to how the EB ET & Dot are used to organise nearby energy.

Hi Blowfish,

Do you mind sharing your version of the zones, maybe post some pics. I am curious.

Regards

Simon

Very simple Syzmon. As I mentioned 11 dot and 11's are floor pivot and S1 R1. I simply added R2 S2 (using the 'floor' pivot formula) and averaged those for 3 bars in the same way that the envelope works. I'll try and post some charts later.

Hi Blowfish,

Thanks for your reply.

I think that is a great idea extening those zones to the next areas. Let me know when you can post some pics of these new zones.

I am going to be setting up my trading workstation this week, so hopefully I am going to get my PL dots up and fully running.

Regards

Simon

Hi All,

Here is a crude chart of the daily AUD/USD with the large time frame PL Dots. There is a high probability that it will return to the monthly or quarterly PL Dots.

Your views will be welcome.

Regards

Simon

Here is an updated version of the chart.

Regards

Simon

5aa70efb24020_AUD_USDSpot.thumb.png.d2d4b710aa8a1d6c5202a336389bfc42.png

Drummond Geometry does no work. Drummond use to hang with a group once a year in Fort Lauderdale of traders that exchanged ideas.His materials are available and I have the code for Metastock. A few in my class used it and lost all their money.

Drummond Geometry does no work. Drummond use to hang with a group once a year in Fort Lauderdale of traders that exchanged ideas.His materials are available and I have the code for Metastock. A few in my class used it and lost all their money.

Sorry to hear that. Have you tried any other strategies besides Drummond Geometry?

Simon

A few in my class used it and lost all their money.

Drummond Geometry aside, if someone loses all of their money following a strategy, it's their fault. Everyone needs to find what makes sense and resonates with them and their own style, be it Drummond, Market Profile, Wyckoff, candles, technical indicators, etc. Testing/validating, analysis, money management, and actual trade decisions are up to them.

Check my comments on tech analysis. My partner is Gann's last living student, Joe Rondinone. I am a Gann fan but not using the fan. Gann could and you can tell where the market is going to the penny in advance. He wrote about it. I know one guy that is teaching it but, he is off a little. Just seperate the chart into 8 horizontal lines if you get it right you will have the secret. If I can find an article I wrote years ago Ill post it.

Apig CTA

Drummond Geometry aside, if someone loses all of their money following a strategy, it's their fault. Everyone needs to find what makes sense and resonates with them and their own style, be it Drummond, Market Profile, Wyckoff, candles, technical indicators, etc. Testing/validating, analysis, money management, and actual trade decisions are up to them.

What Atto said. P&L can be made to 'work' but it is far from the easiest thing to grasp.

Check my comments on tech analysis. My partner is Gann's last living student, Joe Rondinone. I am a Gann fan but not using the fan. Gann could and you can tell where the market is going to the penny in advance. He wrote about it. I know one guy that is teaching it but, he is off a little. Just seperate the chart into 8 horizontal lines if you get it right you will have the secret. If I can find an article I wrote years ago Ill post it.

Apig CTA

Look forward to seeing it as for 'checking your comment on tech analysis' I see none except that a load of your friends lost money trading Drummonds methods. Perhaps you popsted them somwhere else?

Hi All,

Can someone tell me if there is a programmable rectangle tool in Multicharts (Easy Language)? I want to place a square using esay language on my charts.

All help will be much appreciated.

Thanking in advance.

Simon

Hi All,

Can someone tell me if there is a programmable rectangle tool in Multicharts (Easy Language)? I want to place a square using esay language on my charts.

Thanking in advance.

Simon

There is no rectangle or triangle or circle in the EasyLanguage arsenal.

You can build triangles and rectangles with TL_NEW.

p.s. there might be some functions out there to speed up the drawings...

I will let you know if I come across one.

This is the function i programmed for one code, maybe it fits your needs.

inputs: _Color	(NumericSimple),
_DateStart	(NumericSimple),
_TimeStart	(NumericSimple),
      _DateEnd	(NumericSimple),
 	_TimeEnd	(NumericSimple),
      _PriceHi	(NumericSimple),
      _PriceLo	(NumericSimple),
      _Size		(NumericSimple),
      _Style		(NumericSimple);

Vars:	Top (0), Bottom(0), BarrierLeft(0), BarrierRight(0);

Bottom	= tl_new_s(_DateStart, _TimeStart, _PriceLo,_DateEnd,  _TimeEnd, _PriceLo);
tl_setcolor (Bottom,_Color);
TL_SetSize (Bottom, _Size);
TL_SetStyle(Bottom, _Style);

Top 	= tl_new_s(_DateStart, _TimeStart,  _PriceHi,_DateEnd,  _TimeEnd,_PriceHi);
tl_setcolor (Top ,_Color);
TL_SetSize (Top , _Size);
TL_SetStyle(Top , _Style);

BarrierLeft	= tl_new_s(_DateStart, _TimeStart, _PriceLo, _DateStart, _TimeStart, _PriceHi);
tl_setcolor (BarrierLeft,_Color);
TL_SetSize (BarrierLeft, _Size);
TL_SetStyle(BarrierLeft, _Style);

BarrierRight	= tl_new_s(_DateEnd, _TimeEnd,  _PriceLo, _DateEnd, _TimeEnd, _PriceHi);
tl_setcolor (BarrierRight,_Color);
TL_SetSize (BarrierRight, _Size);
TL_SetStyle(BarrierRight, _Style);

DrawBox2MC=0;

Hi All,

Does someone have a screenshot of the latest 6EZ9 with the original Drummond near by support and resistance zones on it.

I would like to compare this with my indicator that I built in Multicharts for that purpose.

I have attached a screen shot my nearby indicators are in Pink.

Thanks,

Simon

picture1.thumb.png.8c85021708d7c0fc0307acf9e213dc91.png

Thanks Blowfish,

For that information, yes I must say it is a nice indicator.

So I think I have finally finished programming the whole set for Drummond Geometry in Multicharts.

Here is a snapshot of the multiple time frames in action with the indicators on it.

Regads

Simon

picture1.thumb.png.6a7f24c0db4c39175790ac256059ad53.png

HI Guys,

Can someone tell me is there a way to pass a global variable from one chart with a different timeframe to another chart within Multicharts software without using any additional higher time frame symbols on that chart or DLL (Dynamic LInk Library) files.

Regards

Simon