Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Szymon

Drummond Geometry

Hi All,

I have started this thread to discuss more about Drummond Geometry trading style.

I have been using this method for the last year and I must say it is very logical way of trading.

I will post some articles by Ted Hearne to start of.

It would be good to get more P&L traders to join this thread.

Regards

Simon

energy.pdf

chartpoint1.pdf

chartpoint2.pdf

chartpoint3.pdf

Simon - I hope the thread can get off the ground for you as I've often heard about Drummon, but never got into it myself. A good trader friend of mine attempted to learn it, but he felt is was not working for him. My understanding is that it takes quite a while to learn, so I'm sure that turns some people off.

Hi Brownsfan,

I must admit it is hard to learn at first, I only started to grasp the main principles after I went over the 1-5 lessons the second time. The PLDot push and refresh principle is just great especially when you use it using multiple time frames just gold.

The PL dot is nothing more than a 3 day moving average of High,Low and Close moved forward in time by one bar.

Simon

I will do my best to chip in here. I don't trade P&L per se however any instrument that I do trade I have a P&L workspace set up for it.

One of the issues with P&L is the NDA. Whilst I am pretty sure it's un enforceable I do respect the sentiment behind it. Having said that, certain things clearly fall outside as they are in the public domain anyway (11's are floor pivots for example). Other things I feel it's OK to speak about in a broad context.

I have made a few posts here in the past about Drummond if you are interested.

Cheers.

Hi all,

I am a newby to this forum (nice site by the way !) but I am an experienced trader,and have used Drummond's work for quite a while. I find it logical and usually very reliable. I have signed their non-disclosure and respect it but I think I can probably answer a lot of questions without revealing things that they want me to hold close to the chest. Let me know if I can help.

A good geometric lean and lesson one is all that is needed to make money. KISS

Indeed! Having said that there is such a huge amount of information it is easy to get confused! When you buy the course you are essentially getting Drummonds lifes work.

One of the most valuable things (imho) is the treatment of multiple timeframes (particularly in respect to types of trading).

It is a comprehensive piece of work that rewards study (in my case it took many thousands of hours to really 'get' it). But as you rightly say you can take one idea or concept and trade it successfully. Recognising this requires some maturity as a trader however. I like some of the basic geometry too, 11's & 5x's are very traceable, especially if they line up right with the envelope and pldot.

Hi All,

Does anyone use any other software than Tradestation for Drummond Geometry?

Im using multicharts at the moment but do not like how the higher time frame pldots and envelopes are drawn on the lower time frame windows.

I have attached a screen image of my chart.

Simon

screen.thumb.png.7f1da60a55202e043d21b542f9558263.png

Edited by Szymon

I am using MC too. In the past I wrote the indicators for Ensign (too slow) and NeoTicker. Funnily enough I was thinking about doing a Ninjatrader version but it dosen't handle bars bigger than intraday particularly well (imo).

What don't you like about HTP dots envelopes?

Hi Blowfish,

Well the problem is that it does not show in stairstep format, just like the Tradestation.

I have attached a sample what I am looking at, I have enquired with TS they game some dll link file to connect and do it another way, but it is way to complicated, maybe someone knows how to use global variables in Multicharts.

Simon

screen.thumb.png.071b92ae0c9623f410ffd59be8394ccd.png

Thanks Blowfish,

Excellent Chart just brilliant!

So tell me Blowfish how can I correct those HTF to look normal on the LTF.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Simon

Basically you need an indicator that is working on the group of bars x bars back. I am unfamiliar with the newer Drummond indicators but back in the day they used to be called things like 'DGII Pldot' or some such for Intraday on Intraday. It looks like you are plotting the 'DGLII Pldot' which is the live (or developing) version.

Basically you need an indicator that is working on the group of bars x bars back. I am unfamiliar with the newer Drummond indicators but back in the day they used to be called things like 'DGII Pldot' or some such for Intraday on Intraday. It looks like you are plotting the 'DGLII Pldot' which is the live (or developing) version.

Hi Blowfish,

OK I have played and played, this is the best I can come up with. It looks good to me.

There are four time frames on this one, the dark red(brown) is the daily with the live dot as the white line.

Next I am going to put in the RU and Su zones from the 1 hourly and daily followed by the 6s and 5s points.

Simon

screen1.thumb.png.0687a39c066671d03be4c1eda2125195.png

OK Next Question to all Drummond Geometry traders.

I am trying to program in Multicharts the Hi and Low 11 Zones.

Can someone post a chart of yesterdays CME EUR currency 10Min with the High and Low 1-1 zones on it.

Need to check if my formula is correct.

Simon

Hi Blowfish,

Thanks for your help.

I have setup my charts with most of the Drummond information, I am sure the coding can be improved but for now, it looks very good to me.

To all those people who are reading this thread - there is a lot of information on this chart and probably confusing, but if you studied Drummond Geometry it will all make sense.

Good Trading to all.

Simon

5aa70ec6bec35_screencopy.thumb.gif.daba19f3c92090c11e3e7a90873c462f.gif

Have to use TS...I have heard about MC, NT etc etc...have most of them.

But TS is a programmers concern, the original DG indicators for intra-day never were accurate, trust me here on this one.

With all due respect, why should we trust you? What kind of studies/evidence do you have?