Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

ice9

Composite Profile in Ensign?

To the Ensign users out there: has anyone been able to chart composite profiles? I've tried playing around with settings some, but with little progress so far. I have seen a post by Jperl on the forums here where he shares a pic of one of his composite profiles but I can't open it up for some reason.

What I'd like to do is chart a composite profile for the past week, month etc to take a look at longer term POCs and low/high volume areas and supplement intraday levels.

Thanks Frank for posting an example for a 2 day lookback. I had noticed that in the settings as an option, but was wondering what about longer time frames, like weeks or months? I know Investor R/T has that functionality, in fact you can 'drag' any time period you want on a chart with Investor R/T but I don't think I want to go through the process of learning how to use another charting package, for lack of time.

Would you know how to do a profile for the past week or month using a DYO?

I am not an Ensign expert -- I just use their software for historical MP because its so easy (and cheap) --- just set your chart to the time period you want -- days, intraday whatever and choose 'all visible bars'

here is an example setting it to 14 bar daily:

attachment.php?attachmentid=10152&stc=1&d=1239660446

5aa70ec3e1149_EnsignExample.thumb.png.90f23b712016c642360a9a9903c6c779.png

ice9,

adding to Frank's explanation above... by using the all bars setting and controlling specific data displayed in the chart using delete/rebuild functions, ensign will chart most any composite profile