Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

New Moderation Rules!! - PLEASE READ

Okay here is what I created briefly... would like to share just to hear any thoughts before editing and revising.

Unacceptable Posts

The following posts are not accepted on Traders Laboratory forums.

1. Spam – Traders Laboratory maintains an aggressive no-spam policy. Spam posts will be deleted and the user account banned without warning. Spam includes repeated commercial advertising as well as silent spamming methods. Silent spamming methods include advertising via pm, posting links for commercial interest, embedding affiliate links in posts, etc…

2. Personal offences - Traders Laboratory is a diverse forum with forum members gathering from all over the world. Any sign of personal bashing based on age, sex, race, location, language, culture, values, etc… will be deleted upon notice.

3. Clashes and conflicts – Traders Laboratory is a place for cooperation. Any posts that are aimed to create hostility, flame, and clashes will be moderated upon notice. We take strict measures to enforce respect for one another.

4. Your privacy and security – As Traders Laboratory is a public forum, we do not allow members to publish personal contact information on the forums: phone numbers, emails, address, etc… Personal contact info can be collected by robots crawling through sites and then sold to spammers by various organizations. Please protect your privacy.

Moderation Guidelines

Our moderation guidelines are aimed to help members and moderators understand the procedure of Traders Laboratory’s moderation system.

1. Any post that fits into any of the 4 categories listed under “Unacceptable posts” can be reported using the report post feature available inside of each post.

2. Reported posts are notified to moderators and admins via email. Upon notice, the admin or appropriate mod will investigate the issue.

3. If a post is deemed inappropriate, the mod or admin has the right to edit or remove the post. All moderators are requested to include a reason for each moderated post.

4. Moderated posts are soft deleted (temporary deletion) until the issue is resolved in which the admin will hard delete the post. Spam posts are hard deleted immediately.

5. Members can submit an appeal for a moderated post. This appeal will be reviewed by the moderation team and the admin in a timely manner.

Still under construction... would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Overall, this is also clear and straightforward.

I am not quite sure about the use of "upon notice," which is bolded above. To me, that phrase indicates that you will give notice to the offending party before taking an action. Do you mean to say that or something like "without notice?"

Overall, this is also clear and straightforward.

I am not quite sure about the use of "upon notice," which is bolded above. To me, that phrase indicates that you will give notice to the offending party before taking an action. Do you mean to say that or something like "without notice?"

I meant to say once the admin or mod takes note of it. Sorry, english is not my first language.

Updates:

- Changed the report post button to make it more visible.

- Moderation system enhancement in development based on euclid's idea.

- Still drafting moderation rules and guildelines

Updates April 21st, 2009

We have just about finished development after many long hours. Here is a description of the new system.

• It keeps track of who reported which post
  • Prevent same user reporting same post twice
  • Displays number of times post has been reported, either right besides the report icon, or on the left hand side of the postbit
  • Once a post has been edited, the 'edited by' text is replaced with 'MODERATED +' text wich is clicked on open a lightbox with the moderation info.
  • It also provides the post creator to appeal the moderation ruling by clicking a button.
  • If an icon id has been set via the product settings, a new thread icon will be placed for the report thread to indicate it has been dealt with.
  • Once the appeal button is clicked, a new thread is created in a specific forum. This new thread simply states which user is appealing which post
  • This new appeal post has an appeal status which if clicked on by mods with edit right on the reported post (including supermods/admins), opens
  • A lightbox with an option to change the appeal status to 'denied' or 'approved'. There is also an option via the product settings to display a status image overlay on top of the post message text

I will be testing this system in the next few days. There are a few more tweaks needed and will look to implement this by next week. Thank you.

Hi James, new to TL,as a result of a thread of yours in Aussie Stock Forums.I like the tone of what your trying to do, and from reading some threads can see the need to adjust things.Look foward to great information in a happy learning/teaching enviroment

Thanks

Once the system is implemented and tested I will start adding values. I am thinking 3-5 reports = deletion, 3-5 reports = 1 infraction, 3 infraction = suspension, 6 infraction = ban... or something in that nature. Maybe limit the use of this system to those with over 50 posts in order to prevent abuse.

Please feel free to recommend any values you think appropriate. Thanks.

Let's take the recent Bluewave thread as an example. There are obviously a couple of people hell bend against indicators and perceive any commercial indicators mentioned as SPAM. This will only take 3 to 5 of them to get posts like that deleted and potentially the poster as well, but what about for example, the 50 others who found the posts useful?

Edited by Mysticforex

I'd like to see thread necromancy more heavily moderated. <shrug>. Incidentally the site was sold some while back so whether this stands under the new management, who knows? Finally what has set TL apart in the past is the community, it hasn't been a problem in the past I am not sure why ot would suddenly become so again.