Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

tradewiser

MP for the Metatrader 4 Platform

Hi Wal,

you can give a try to my implementation.

The indicator "sp market profile.mq4" has two modes:

1. daily: it plots mp day per day, for the number of 'days' parameter; I use this with a 30 min chart.

2. manual: you must write in a file 'filename' the start day and hour of the mp, as the sample files in EURUSD_H4.mp, ...; if file name is empty the filename is assumed <ticker>_<timeframe>.mp; I use it for H4 and daily timeframes.

There are common parameters for ticks, drawingto and to exclude asia, europe or us session (I use it for SP500, where I do not include asia session).

sp market profile log.mq4 is a script to log mp (quite raw...):

poc, +/-value area, +/-std3 area, +/-excess

MP Order.mq4 is a expert that uses those levels as trigger, order, stop and terget.

I would be interested to anyfeedback to improve it, expecially the expert (that is just my idea...)

Ciao,

mario.andea

experts.zip

Hi Taq,

jus copy everything (same as the unzipped) to the "expert" folder in the MT folder. Then start MT and drag the 'sp market profile' custom indicator i.e. in the eurusd chart and select 30M timeframe. You should see samething as in the picture. Better if you use bar chart.

Ciao.

sample.gif.61bfc26a6eef0017f559b5caab510ca0.gif

I found some hint on the CBOT handbook; you should not draw a day by day mp, but you should try to see a distribution forming from a previous distribution when there is a initiating move from the previous POC. See my EURUSD_H4.mp file, where manually I set the starting time of the distribution (using mode 2 in the indicator params).

Of course it is challenging understand when a bar there is a initiating move, but minus developments should help.

Ciao,

mario

thanks for the code.

two things more my MP is not showing alphabates as clearly in ur chart

& can i set it for american & european times separately if possible ?

Do you have codes for Point and Figure for metatrader

I am using foreximpact indicators for the same but not satisfied.

Hi Mario,

Your indi is simple great!!

I would ask you if it's possible make an indi like this that plots a Volume histogram instead of MP histogram, with this formula:

VWTPO - This method distribues the volume of a bar over the price range of the bar. e.g. A 5-minute bar has a volume of 280 and a range of 1.5 points with a High at 1534 and a Low at 1532.5, then 40 contracts (=280/7) are loaded to each of the seven prices in that range: 1532.50, 1532.75, 1533.0, 1533.25, 1533.50, 1533.75, and 1534.

//Volume Weighted Time Price Opportunity - 
//Disperses the Volume of the bar over the range of the bar so 
//each price touched is weighted with volume
              BarH=High[i]; BarL=Low[i];
              int TicksInBar = (int) Math.Round((BarH-Low[i])/TickSize+1,0);
              while(BarL<= BarH) {
              index = (int) Math.Round((BarL-TheSessionLow)/TickSize,0);
              index /= TicksPerSlot;    //drop fract part.
              PriceHitsArray[1,index] += Volume[i]/TicksInBar;
              BarL = BarL + TickSize;

May given the choise of select TF for the calculation, the best i think is calculate it from 1M, but may it take too high pc resources.

Thanks.

Lubo.

P.s I like more Volume Profile (or called Volume at price, or by price). I took this part of code from a Ninjatrader indi.

Hi Taq,

to see alphabet you should select a convinient tick value in the indicator params, and it would change according to the time frame. i.e. i use for eurusd 10 ticks for 30 mins and 25 ticks for daily charts. Actually you can not see two mp in a single chart: to see separate asia and us sessions, use two charts and select only one session in the indicator parameters.

Ciao,

mario

thanks for the code.

Hi Taq, sorry I have not P&F.

GFT (Forex | Forex Trading | Currency Trading | GFT) has P&F chart capability. You can try a demo...

Ciao,

Stefano

thanks for the code.

Hi Taq, I remember I found this P&F chart for forex

Point and Figure Charts

Ciao,

mario

this is a great tool... can I ask for a couple of things, Initial Balance for ASIA, EUR and USA open, first hour of each open to have a coloured square box?

Thanks,

Guess

Of course, this is a good idea...

I am trying to use this indicator in a Strategy Tester, to do a bar reply; I apply it after starting the Expert, but I do not see changing, as it happens during live prices. Any idea haw to do it?

Ciao,

Mario

I am not sure, but there is this indicator, if this is off any use?

customcandle, it allows you to place custom time in any time frame, i.e in your chart is in a 15 min time frame at the moment, you can place 1 hour candles in this time frame.

try it, have a look and see if we can incorporate this into MP.

Of course, this is a good idea...

I am trying to use this indicator in a Strategy Tester, to do a bar reply; I apply it after starting the Expert, but I do not see changing, as it happens during live prices. Any idea haw to do it?

Ciao,

Mario

CustomCandle.mq4

Mjackson is there a MT4 broker that provides half way decent tick volume? Those that I have looked at seem only to show there own customers ticks?

Thanks.

Well, IBFX has volume very close to esignal's volume....