Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

gassah

Ray Barros Method Introduction

Hi Rob:

Yes, I am interested to know about running corrections. I saw this term in Ray's Blog, but could not find in the book. Thought I slept through a chapter.... :stick out tongue:

How do we go about doing the explanation from Ray's webinar?

I’m using the Nasdaq 8/09 as an example. Take the 38.2, 50, 61.8% fibos between AB and BC. Look for where there’s a confluence of zones. In this case I erased the top 38.2 and 50%. Take the lower 61.8% and change it to 67%. After you buy a bull bar off these levels place the stop below the 67%.

The RC can be thought of as a sideways correction that is too strong to make it closer to B and should lead to a strong impulse move. It’s stronger than a single line, zig-zag or sideways correction, and not as strong as an irregular correction or R0.

RC.thumb.png.5ab6666c4e1b36c62a776a61250183ba.png

5aa7102c4b5dd_RCStep1.thumb.png.819b347bbcde6f4608455bf561915671.png

5aa7102c5b919_RCStep2.thumb.png.78a82d92f215a10498274bd47e1a99d9.png

Hi Rob:

I redo the charts to make sure I understand you correctly.

I need to make a correction. CD does not need to come down to 78.6% of AB in order to label it a sideways market and to make changes to the ME. All it has to do is have a one bar acceptance below the PSZ of AB (like an upthrust). If it turns up to challenge C then I'd change the boundaries from AB to BC. It doesn't matter how it goes up.

Refer to pic5.jpg

What I said about changing the boundaries if it continues lower still applies.

Refer to pic6.jpg

If it comes down to 78.6% of BC but stays above the PSZ of AB then you just have a continuation of the uptrend.

Based on your Nasdaq 8/09 example, CD comes down to 78.6% of BC but actually went below PSZ of AB instead of staying above as mentioned in your requirements for a continuation of uptrend. Did you meant "staying above PBZ of AB" instead?

Then this scenario would be similarly to that drawn in pic6.jpg, right?

Thank you.

pic6.thumb.JPG.fc0cd1db3c522e890a2517cd222061d1.JPG

pic5.thumb.JPG.1ad2beafa7f14ab2ac6032b2c3e6d9e3.JPG

I'll try again. I asked Ray for assistance because sideways vs. corrective was throwing me a loop. Here's his response:

A sideways correction is one form of a complex correction.

Your question raises two issues:

1) when do we relabel a new extreme as being part of sideways structure? A: when the market retraces at least 78.6% of the boundaries of congestion.

2) when the market creates a new extreme (in your case when the market goes above (A) and returns to congestion, at what point do we say the BC leg is corrective and not impulsive? A: when the market accepts beyond the Primary Zone.

Note that the two conditions are not mutually exclusive - e.g. you can accept below the Primary Sell Zone (D) without reaching the 78.6% retracement. This would make the structure a Running Correction rather than an extended SW structure.

Hope this helps

ray