Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

dah7

Fib Time Analysis

Hello,

I want to use Fib Time Analysis in my trading. There are some online articles on the subject, but none of them tell you specifically how and where to apply Fib Time studies to your price chart. Does anyone know of a book, website, etc., that gives a good explanation of this subject? I’d really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

David

Hello,

I want to use Fib Time Analysis in my trading.

Why?

In all seriousness why have you decided to research a TA method that you have only read a few on-line articles about. What makes you think it has any value?

I'm not trolling, only asking out of curiosity.

Harlequin.

OK I'll try and be more helpful this time.

http://www.amazon.com/Fibonacci-Trading-Master-Price-Advantage/dp/007149815X/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

The reason I'm sceptical is that the author is selling a live trading room and newsletter for only $344.00 per month and openly admits that she does not trade herself. Just kind of a red flag to me but then I'm an old sceptic when it comes to magic numbers and holy grails.

Fischer covers it too.

Many years ago I wrote some ELA's to detect fib time 'clusters' to be honest I didn't find much value in it. Thats not to say there is none....I just couldn't find it. Maybe I should look again see if I can spot anything I missed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0ajvh6lCFQ

I made that video on the use of fib time (its in spanish) you can find the tool on ninjatrader as well. An interesting material on the subject was wrote by Robert Miner the mind behind Dynamic trader, check on the web you should find an old DT manual with the technique, I remember an interesting article in tasc magazine, you could by the article in traders.com