Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Trader P/L 2009

Do you mean something like "USDJPY sell stop 95.41, stop loss 95.61, 50%Buy Limits @ 95.11 & 94.81" in real time, or annotated charts after the trade is complete, win, lose, or draw?

Oh no, that would be a lot of effort on your part. I was thinking more along the lines of pulling a simple report that shows all the trades she has taken along the way. Unfortunantely, I don't think FXCM shows the Stop Loss and Take Profit that was in place on exit of trade like MT4 does. However, I am sure just the entry/exit/size would still be helpful to many.

Attached is a chart with reasons for taking first trade. Second was a scalp.

John, I may have misunderstood your question. On the second trade

(scalp trade) I did not buy @ 91.25 and add at 22, I bought at 922 and because I felt I was on the right side for a scalp I added at a lower price (on the first trade of the day I placed one order at S and sold at R, I never buy again at a higher price or sell again at a lower price, (against my trading plan)).

Also, although the first trade continued to rally up to daily and weekly pivots after my exit I never second guess, and felt the level had been touched enough times to make it a possible turning point so I made an intra-trade decision to not leave any part of the trade as a runner.

I felt I was on the right side of the trend so I bought 55 contracts at 922 and another 55 at 991.25 and my profit target was 2 ticks, I only buy/sell more when I am sure my analysis is correct.

I hope I was able to answer your question.

Chris

Hi Chris thanks for the replies mate.

I think it was I who missunderstood....you are actually all in at first. For some reason I thought you added...I missread your chart. Sorry mate.

I know a low 7 figure profit trader p.a. who adds in small to start with and when proven right he adds a lot more in... I was starting to think this was a common pattern with successful traders... but it is not...as you have proven !! there are many ways to skin profits as long as it fits in the plan.

Well done and thanks for sharing Chris, and to the others here of course !!

All the Best

John

I will still be pretty busy with outside activities this month, but I will try to get in more than only 9 days.

Analyzing July's trades, I did not place a losing trade (some trades had "legs" which lost, but the overall position was profitable. Also, I was happy with all trade entries/exits except for one where I moved the exit prematurely.

Today I took my first real trade after some time.

I failed somehow on my exit based on my rules.

Also I think, that I am lacking a little bit of sleep,

so I decided to maybe just sim trade today,

or just sleep some more.

6B-Result-04_08_09.png.b46e16aafdf186a8dede00a7ff8eeab6.png

Edited by HAL9000

Bathrobe - on some of your charts you mention that trades have divergence (specifically in your post on page 97). Just curious what you use to confirm divergence. (I took the same trade but wasn't using any indicator to confirm divergence).

Thanks again for all your posts in this forum and actually providing the charts to show where your entries are. That is truly invaluable information I can't say i've ever seen replicated anywhere else.

Bathrobe - on some of your charts you mention that trades have divergence (specifically in your post on page 97). Just curious what you use to confirm divergence. (I took the same trade but wasn't using any indicator to confirm divergence).

Thanks again for all your posts in this forum and actually providing the charts to show where your entries are. That is truly invaluable information I can't say i've ever seen replicated anywhere else.

On the trade on page 97 the divergence was on the 5 min chart using a macd oscillator. I use 5m,15m 30m, 4range and 1000vol, charts to get signals from.

Chris

Is this thread all sim? Is it pretend? It's funny how barely anyone has a win/loss percent of anything less than 70-80%.

20 out of 21 profitable days? 37 winning trades in a row? I am embarrassed for you if these are supposed to represent real trades.

If you guys are posting this rubbish to solicit traders for your business or something, I am sure you are in violation of CFTC, FinRE rules on communicating with the public.

Nobody is soliciting anything, those that are trading on sim stated they were trading on sim earlier in the thread. The thread is meant as a way to be somewhat more accountable and to become more disciplined.

FWIW I do not think anyone is trading on sim anymore.

Your post has the same skepticism that every post on elitetrader towards trading the ES has, despite this many people can and do make it work

Is this thread all sim?

Hi Mouse,

I can assure you, that the only correct answer to your above question is: NO.

Anyway I am in no way accountable to you,

instead I am accountable to myself.

A side effect of posting here on this thread is,

that with time, we learn from each other,

and we try to help each other.

Real or sim doesn't matters, in my view.

And guess what, nobody asked me in here, if I would give him some money,

because he could make me a billion within a year. :confused:

Regards,

Hal

BTW,

here is my last sim trade session.

The people, who know my order platform, also know,

that all previous sim trades disappear, whenever I close the application

within this mode (green color, not even paper trading account, marked as well).

But, what would I win, if I would fool others, and much more worse myself?

Anyway within my transition to real trades again,

I have not even scratched the potential I see within my current charts.

Call me a fool, I don't care!

Time will tell. ;)

attachment.php?attachmentid=12925&stc=1&d=1250376786

6AU-Some-Days-Ago.png.a3430021d6337691766f9e04638e472e.png

Edited by HAL9000
;-) As always.

BTW,

here is my last sim trade session.

The people, who know my order platform, also know,

that all previous sim trades disappear, whenever I close the application

within this mode (green color, not even paper trading account, marked as well).

But, what I would win, if I would fool others, and much more worse myself?

Anyway within my transition to real trades again,

I have not even scratched the potential I see within my current charts.

Call me a fool, I don't care!

Time will tell. ;)

attachment.php?attachmentid=12925&stc=1&d=1250376786

Well, it's good that you are making money in sim. No sense going live if you can't make it in sim.

There is a huge difference between sim and real trading. Then and only then will you deal with your personal demons. In addition, you become a part of the order flow instead of trading off of prices that never leave your computer. Do not think for a moment that adding your 1 contract to the order flow won't make a difference.

Most day traders I know take a lot of small losses trying to get positioned and these guys are survivors who are making money.

I am not accusing any individual specifically of making up thier results, but seeing back to back to back winning days without a loss puts my BS radar on alert.

And, if you are supposed to be learning from all this, seeing bs is not going to help you. In fact, it will hurt you since you may think that you are lacking or not good if you can't consistently achieve the same results.

There is a huge difference between sim and real trading.

:doh:

Thanks,

I am bored of this discussion about sim vs. real,

I still go in line with Pimind on this issue.

Sim to prepare (as long as necessary),

then real (as soon as possible).

Well, also Thales seems to be right once more.

Regards,

Hal

P.S.: As I said, I don't care.

:doh:

I still go in line with Pimind on this issue.

Sim to prepare (as long as necessary),

then real (as soon as possible).

QUOTE]

You can add when you are properly capitalized to that list.

A side effect of posting here on this thread is,

that with time, we learn from each other,

and we try to help each other.

But as traders aren't we enemies? Why help eachother out and make our enemy stronger, when the point of trading is to win?

I am missing Brown!

Please, come back and join us again!

:rofl:

Hal

P.S.: Sorry for becoming so emotional, usually I am more analytic.

But maybe because I am usually more analytic, I am becoming so emotional.

Does that site have some significance to you?

I avoid it like the plague because it attracts mostly folks with an attitude similar to the one you displayed in your initial post to this thread.

You know the old saying, "Birds of feather ..."

and of course that other old saw that "Misery loves company." Seems to me you'd fit in better over there.

No need to bring your miserable suspicions here. I have not seen one person posting here in this thread attempt to sell anyone anything. If someone were to do so, then we'd react. You, on the other hand, assume us guilty until proven innocent. Again, that is the ET mentality, not TL.

The fact that you, and apparently all the day traders whom you profess to know have yet to learn to trade consistently is no fault of ours. Don't expect us to wear your black eyes.

But as traders aren't we enemies? Why help eachother out and make our enemy stronger, when the point of trading is to win?

You don't really believe that, do you?

The only person you have to beat as a trader is yourself.

You don't really believe that, do you?

The only person you have to beat as a trader is yourself.

If a trader helps other traders out on how to make money then there is too many people doing the same thing, and the method won't work anymore. For every winner there is a loser in the market, so helping other traders out is helping your enemy. That's the way I see it. I hope I'm wrong.