Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

slinger2424

Anyone know where to find a Personal Mentor?

I would love to find someone that can be a personal mentor that will give me 1-on-1 advice and teachings of the FOREX market and how to make it work for me. I don't mind reading books and websites, but I would like someone that could help me in a practical sense also.

Is there a place to find such a person?

I would love to find someone that can be a personal mentor that will give me 1-on-1 advice and teachings of the FOREX market and how to make it work for me. I don't mind reading books and websites, but I would like someone that could help me in a practical sense also.

Is there a place to find such a person?

Are you looking for someone who can trade in front of you live? Most mentorship courses that are live lasts only a few days at an astonishing rate. Im my opinion, its always good to watch a professional trade but not enough time for you to really learn.

There are other options such as joining a trading room or working with a mentor online 1on1. Which one in paricular are you looking for?

Also what made you want to start with Forex?

I want to be in charge of my own monetary future. I hate to let others play with my money.

I have not gotten into FOREX yet, but feel it has the best potential for personal trading gains, and I am able to be online at some very weird times, so it is much better suited for me than the standard stock markets.

I am looking for someone that does well, takes pride in what they do, like to share what someone taught them, and really likes to help others. I would love to see a pro trade live, but I am sure there are many many ways to be taught and learn. To me, live trading would be the final step in the learning process.

I could try to help you out with the eminis but Forex is just not my playing field.

I suggest you go through the ton of educational material on this forum including the videos. Then grasp a basic idea of trading and look for a mentorship to improve. Without the basic foundation its hard to gain anything from a mentor. The best is to have a root understanding and a mentor can help you grow at an incredible rate.

Personally I would choose private mentoring in real life. Plus I would not play forex because of it's volatility. People mean different things with volatility but having huge tails is what defines forex volatility for me and that's what forex has alot. Eminis are better suited to me. I can avoid tails by avoiding trading during news events.

Personally I would choose private mentoring in real life. Plus I would not play forex because of it's volatility. People mean different things with volatility but having huge tails is what defines forex volatility for me and that's what forex has alot. Eminis are better suited to me. I can avoid tails by avoiding trading during news events.

Hi collegetrader,

Athough they allow this thread to be here, offering help seems to be frowned upon. But I will offer some advice that I hope is helpful.

I understand your rationale for wanting to trade futures instead of forex. At times, forex can be more volatile but you have to use volatility to your advantage. Larger time frames and smaller position sizes. I'm a futures guy myself, but trading futures as a newbe could be damaging to your account. In most cases, money management is an issue with underfunded accounts and makes it difficult for you to learn without losing a lot of money in the process. I don't know how much money you plan on trading when you get started but you will likely lose less in the beginning by learning and trading forex and moving on to futures when you know how to trade well. Just my opinion. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Happy Trading

Ektrader

I am a beginner as well and have found a 'paper trading' account to be very useful. The broker I am signed up with also has chat rooms and through those I was able to get the information (and confidence) to put trades on using the eMinis. I am by no means ready to go live, but I am very quickly learning what not to do, and since it is "funny money" my funds are still intact.

I have heard that going live is much different than a paper money account, but it is affordable. I did look into mentors and could not believe how much money they wanted. If I needed a mentor to learn to swim or ride a bike I would have ended up walking to the pool to drown.

Personally speaking ,trading is learnt by one's experience ..its good to look at successful people and be one of them bt the paths they chose could be very different from the ones u r choosing...