Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

OEC Trader Upgrades

The most recent upgrade was applied to simulation over the weekend and I've been playing around w/ it a bit today.

So far I see the following upgrades/changes:

1) Market replay (need plugin from OEC's site)

2) Global cursor

3) Square and elipse shapes

4) Shapes can be transparent

5) Risk monitor (set your own 'shut off' point)

6) Can reorganize look of quote window

7) Roll forward and backward on charts

8) Copy and paste on charts

9) OSM order entry

10) New indicators (in samples menu)

Auto Regression

Fib Bollinger Bands

Ichimoku Kinko Hyo

11) Line number given when using custom coding (bottom right)

These are things I found today clicking around. A few of them were suggestions I had sent in, so it's good to know they listen to their customers. If you have a suggestion, fill out a support ticket (via the My Account section on their website) and send it in! It may not get filled immediately, but it could work it's way into the program at some point.

Here's the official release:

Open E Cry is committed to bringing you industry-leading technology. That’s why we are pleased to announce the latest upgrade to the OEC Trader. Version 3.3 will be released to our Demo environment on February 13, 2009 (and to our LIVE environment on February 27, 2009). This will be a mandatory upgrade for all clients and will include, as part of our goal to provide the BEST multi-asset class trading platform, fully integrated FOREX.

Now you will be able to trade BOTH FUTURES and FOREX in the simple yet powerful OEC Trader Software. In addition to FOREX, version 3.3 will include some additional innovative enhancements such as:

• Personal Risk Monitor

• An Advanced Order Staging Model (entitlement)

• Market Data Recording and Replay

• A Plugin for ESignal Data

• ...And Much More

As a Live customer, you will need to apply separately for a FOREX Account if you would like to trade FOREX through the OEC Trader following the upgrade to the Live environment. Further details on adding a FOREX account will follow.

Once again, you are a valued client and we want to make sure you enjoy all the benefits of OEC Trader Version 3.3 so don’t forget to upgrade when prompted.

If you have any questions, please email support@openecry.com or call 800-920-5808.

So I totally skipped over that OEC will be entering the Forex business now too. Quite a few have asked me about this previously and now it's here. I was told it was coming, and looks like it's here for those interested. I've emailed asking for more details on the forex thing so we'll see what I can find out.

Yes, the price is right that's for sure. I hope I didn't sound like I was complaining.

I talked to the guys at AMP and they didn't seem to know anything about the new upgrades, but I downloaded the new demo version and I can see some changes. Being able to copy a drawn entity is convenient.

John H

Yes, the price is right that's for sure. I hope I didn't sound like I was complaining.

I talked to the guys at AMP and they didn't seem to know anything about the new upgrades, but I downloaded the new demo version and I can see some changes. Being able to copy a drawn entity is convenient.

John H

John - I receive an email from OEC when new upgrades are coming and then look for them. That's how I knew about it. I'm sure someone at Amp is getting them, but maybe not relaying that to sales force.

In this thread we can discuss the new features when there is an upgrade to OEC Trader.

The official list can be found here on the OEC site but sometimes I've found things that aren't always easily found on the site.

I have downloaded new version on demo, but waiting for the live platform to be out next week I think.

I have not found a user guide to new version, is there one on the site?

I cannot find the replay on the new version and was looking for an updated guide.

Thanks for this thread.

I assume you downloaded the plug-in for the market replay.

If so, on the main window ( the one with all the account summary, completed orders, p/l, etc) select "File"--Plug-ins--Market Replay.

A little window will pop up. There is no data in there since you have to set it up to record live data. It's pretty slick. All data, including DOM's is being recorded, so you can actually put trades on the DOM as if it was live.

question for whoever has upgraded:

is there any issue with your imported personally written indicators.. I have a decent list of indicators written. Do they go over to the new upgraded platform automatically?

thanks

frank

question for whoever has upgraded:

is there any issue with your imported personally written indicators.. I have a decent list of indicators written. Do they go over to the new upgraded platform automatically?

thanks

frank

Frank - mine moved over in the simulation version. I had one small hangup, but it was a quick fix. For me, it was pretty smooth but that's not to say that will be a 100% guarantee for you.

I downloaded the new platform tonight but it is taking one hell of a long time to boot.. stuck on 'loading' --- anyone actually up on the live platform that can shed any light on how it went??

Let me be more specific --- the 3.3 platform did download and is live -- however, it loads without the imported indicators plug-in adn when I download the plug-in that enables your own custom indicators, the platform just hangs on the 'Loading' screen and never 'gets there' --- just stuck loading forever.

so, my question is -- has anyone been able to get the custom indicator download plug-in to work with the new 3.3 platform??

Ok here Frank - but - I have also had some troubles w/ that custom indicator add-on. In the past, I download it like the software says and then when I login it keeps saying you must download the plug-in. Which I do (again). And sometimes again and again.

My suggestion at 12:45am EST on a Sun night is either boot down the entire computer and try again, or contact OEC. No idea if someone is there now or not.

thx brownsfan,

so is your custom indicator on now (with the 3.3 platform)??

this custom indicator is absolutely crucial functionality for me and is a deal-breaker if they drop the ball on this one. I have tried their support people and got someone -- and told them they better get on this ASAP -- cause dropping the ball during a crucial upgrade is a pretty serious offense. Their best people should not be home sleeping. We'll see how it looks come the morning. Hopefully, they will have figured it out by then.

ok, will update this to both possibly help others and maybe be able to re-read this next time it upgrades to remind me of possible fix.

basically, the issue was that somehow the new platform could not read one of my new indicators (it had bug, though it worked in the last platform just fine). the way to fix this was to go into the 'My Custom Indicators' folder in your 'My Documents' folder and go into the sub-folder called 'Import' --- this is where OEC stores your indicators to re-load them... if you move your indicators out of this file, the plug-in then did load. you could then add your indicators back one-by-one until you figure out which one had/has the bug.

net net, not hard to do.

I downloaded 3.5 on the demo side and all I can say is WOW...

This upgrade is a HUGE upgrade. There's so much that I can't list it all here. I did see that stocks are integrated into this one and will be nice to see the final product (not all features are available just yet for stocks).

But this upgrade is a big one. If you haven't demo'd OEC or it's been awhile, download v3.5 and take it for a spin.

Holy balls you weren't kidding...

I love the symbol lookup! I wanted this feature for so long! the equities are awesome as well (I hope we all get data, not just equity clients!).

Seems much more polished overall to me.

Quote window looks soooo much better by just adding some additional coloring and lines to break up all the data. Cool equity stuff like the TRIN, TICK, etc... "Most Actives" filter... time and sales...

I'm friggin impressed. That being said i've managed to kill it twice with "Fatal Errors" but it remains running if you click "continue" and doesn't kill the entire program which is awesome.

Once they get the bugs worked out its gonna be a hell of an upgrade and I can't wait.

Anyone else spot any cool new features?

Holy balls you weren't kidding...

I love the symbol lookup! I wanted this feature for so long! the equities are awesome as well (I hope we all get data, not just equity clients!).

Maybe I am missing how the symbol lookup works. I am not liking the new one. The old way you could click energy, and then see all the different energy futures. This one shows me absolutely nothing until I start searching with specific names. I am assumming I just don't know how to use it yet.