Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Thanks for pointing this out, Tams. I wasn't aware that you can not use FC within a function. Just out of curiosity, why not?

I'm using this version of the WMA because it is more efficient than WAverage. WAverage has to calculate a loop for each bar, and depending on the length of the smoothing period, these loops can slow down calculations considerably. From Logic's Ergodic oscillator parameters, it appears that triple smoothing is used, so this means that even more loops are calculated per bar.

Thanks for pointing this out, Tams. I wasn't aware that you can not use FC within a function. Just out of curiosity, why not?

I'm using this version of the WMA because it is more efficient than WAverage. WAverage has to calculate a loop for each bar, and depending on the length of the smoothing period, these loops can slow down calculations considerably. From Logic's Ergodic oscillator parameters, it appears that triple smoothing is used, so this means that even more loops are calculated per bar.

re: these loops can slow down calculations considerably

this code was created 20 yrs ago for the computers of the day.

it won't make a difference with today's computer.

FC remembers the result from previous calculation, and makes a short cut for the current calculation.

This technique works fine inside an indicator, but the memory gets lost when it is called from within a function.

Try SUMMATION instead of SUMATIONFC, you will get the result you expect.

As an aside loops are generally a pretty poor way of averaging though they are 'unintuitively' what people seem to use. Sum the new point and drop the point n periods ago for the win :)

For ch33ch - I tried to pm you, but it was rejected because I haven't posted on this board 5 times. I'll be happy to assist, but you will need to pm me w/ your email address. Standing by, if you're interested ...

I seem to remember a couple of early posts of yours at ET. They where pretty succinct but also a fairly detailed account of your methodology. I probably have them in a bit bucket somewhere (though lord know where). Something like that might spark a bit of activity.

I'm just used to the flame wars at ET that I'm a bit burnt. No pun intended. I'm in the process of my final update on my book. Give me a few days and I will post a clear synopsis of my method.

I'm in the process of my final update on my book. Give me a few days and I will post a clear synopsis of my method.

Any update on this? It'd be good to see a clear synopsis here, may stimulate interest over here.

From father to son the blood runs thin

See faces frozen still against the wind

The seam is split, the coal face cracked

The lines are long, there's no going back

Through hands of steel and a heart of stone

Our labor day has come and gone

-Bono-

From father to son the blood runs thin

See faces frozen still against the wind

The seam is split, the coal face cracked

The lines are long, there's no going back

Through hands of steel and a heart of stone

Our labor day has come and gone

-Bono-

I'm swamped with a new labeling program but will bookmark this and start posting soon.

Hi

I read entire thred and the rules posted by Tams , thanks for his effort to help TL. :)

i have a doubt related to this :

In the rules i read about three charts:

Trading Decision Chart,Strength Chart,Entry Chart , they are 3 differents type of charts ? each with different setting?

thanks to all

Just getting started here but wanted to say one thing - the volume bars are such a logical chart type. I'm working on cobbling out a Tradestation oscillator.

The tradestation code already exists. You might try sending proflogic a pm.

So, does anyone use this method profitably ?

How objective is it really ? If two people used the same charting program and the same settings for the ergodic etc....would they both come up with the same entries and exits according to the rules by "Logic" ?

So, does anyone use this method profitably ?

How objective is it really ? If two people used the same charting program and the same settings for the ergodic etc....would they both come up with the same entries and exits according to the rules by "Logic" ?

I use it profitably and know many others that do as well but I'm bias. :cool:

How objective is it? Extremely!

Most of use eSignal as a data feed and as you are probably aware, being on different data servers will produce very slightly different entries and exits but the overall results are consistent. There are others that use different feeds and even different charting software programs and the results are still extremely close.

The key is to confidently trade what is on your screen and that comes with screen time and building one's confidence in the rules and the outcomes as they play out in real time. The main problem with traders is that they don't have the patience to learn anything, they simply want a turn key method that will trade for them. Once must learn to read a chart first . . . period.

Example . . . in skeet shooting when the target is released the outcome is the same. The individual shooting at the clay target, aims and fires. Will everyone shooting at the clay target react in the exact same time frame, no but the reaction is identical. Good thing trading isn't like skeet shooting though where the target must be hit. In trading when executing the the trade in a particular direction it is only necessary that you get the price direction and strength correct. If the target isn't hit, you can still profit from the correct decision.

Hi Logic :)

Sorry if I'm annoying ,but I really didn't understand if we have to set up 3 differents graphs or in the same graph you use three different kinds of indicators ?

tanks Max :)

Hi Logic :)

Sorry if I'm annoying ,but I really didn't understand if we have to set up 3 differents graphs or in the same graph you use three different kinds of indicators ?

tanks Max :)

One indicator set at 2 separate speeds on the same price chart.

Here is a screen shot of a manual Euro Futures chart from today, a manually traded eMini S&P chart from today and an automated Euro Futures chart from today.

5aa7100daf61a_6EF060110.png.1e3bd42166cfcc08a9b742bc818dea61.png

5aa7100db54ee_ESF060110.thumb.png.10ce0194db811716a17ab94575b19aba.png

SP32-20100601-173141.thumb.png.d59452267f534648b1be63e59a367169.png