Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

I might have a solution . . . simply 'cut and paste' the post.

A good idea. Perhaps someone could do so for the purpose of defining the terms used in the rules posting at the beginning of the thread.

hi,

I'm using MT4, how to setting Ergodic in MT4?

anyone can conver multichart ProfLogic indicator to MT4 ?

thk

The settings for the Ergodic Indicator are:

49, 147, 49

mt4.thumb.jpg.672a0ec0ef7c92f8fcc4ae3626f43393.jpg

If that FOREX I see? Forex doesn't have volume bars, the foundation of what I do. The other problem with FOREX is that the banks control all of the information coming from the trades. There is no other more grossly manipulated market on the face of the earth.

Tams,

I'e used Proflogic's CVB charts for about 6 months now, but without the ergodic indicator and all the rules - primarily 343 & 2401 charts. I use Trade Navigator which I'm happy with, but as noted without the ergodic indicator. Can it be written up and programmed into my trade platform?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Tams,

I'e used Proflogic's CVB charts for about 6 months now, but without the ergodic indicator and all the rules - primarily 343 & 2401 charts. I use Trade Navigator which I'm happy with, but as noted without the ergodic indicator. Can it be written up and programmed into my trade platform?

Please contact Trade Navigator, they already have the Ergodic indicator coded.

Tams,

Let me know the programming language they use and I will do my best to find one for you.

Hi TAM and LOGIC...does anyone have the tradestation .eld file that has the ergodic indicator as previously posted. I have looked into the tradestation website but the ergodic indicator does not look like the histogram one on your posts...

thanks in advance....victor

Hi TAM and LOGIC...does anyone have the tradestation .eld file that has the ergodic indicator as previously posted. I have looked into the tradestation website but the ergodic indicator does not look like the histogram one on your posts...

You have to PM Logic, he has the code.

Until you learn you how to use a tool, they will all suck.

Absolutely correct.

And after you use one for a while and then learn . . . . it still sucks.

Proflogic,

As noted above for tradestation, the ergodic indicator for Trade Navigator (Genensis - Trade Sense) does not display anything like that shown in the posts regarding your E.I. Would it be possible to get the coding as mentioned before?

Thanks,

avalanch

Why not contribute something to the thread? Maybe a chart or an observation, even a question would do. Stimulate conversation and you would not need to bump it. :):) Maybe I am just getting old and intolerant but at the end of the day spam will never be ham and that was just spam.

Edited by BlowFish

Logic,

I've tried coding my own Ergodic oscillator but whenever I plot the oscillator in MultiCharts, I get different results. It seems my code is unstable. I was wondering if you're willing to share your Ergodic .ELD so that I can figure out what's going wrong with my code.

Greatly appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Regards,

Albert

why not post your chart, at least someone can review it and give you a hand.

Alright. I've attached three charts, each showing different calculated values for the Ergodic oscillator. I believe the last chart should be the correct one. I'm using a custom weighted moving average (as opposed to EL's WAverage) function for the smoothing. The function applies the concept of convolution in calculating the WMA and approximates WAverage closely (slight rounding errors). This function could be a source of error but I'm not sure. I've posted the code below.

Inputs:
Price( NumericSeries ), 
Period( NumericSimple );

Variables:
var0( 0 ),
var1( 0 );

if CurrentBar = 1 then 
begin
for Value1 = 0 to Period - 1
	begin
	var0 = var0 + ( Period - Value1 ) * Price[Value1] ;
	end ;
end
else
var0 = var0[1] + Period * Price[0] - SummationFC(Price, Period) ;

var1 = ( Period + 1 ) * Period * .5 ;
WMA  = var0 / var1 ;

Any ideas on what's wrong? Thanks.

Ergodic-test1.thumb.png.f19df609ba62f8e91275c682cb9bc082.png

Ergodic-test2.thumb.png.1d8503cdff8dba17941cfa340bd0af45.png

Ergodic-test3.thumb.png.3a8ae1a5984f4f83586569cbfd1b3e23.png

Alright. I've attached three charts, each showing different calculated values for the Ergodic oscillator. I believe the last chart should be the correct one. I'm using a custom weighted moving average (as opposed to EL's WAverage) function for the smoothing. The function applies the concept of convolution in calculating the WMA and approximates WAverage closely (slight rounding errors). This function could be a source of error but I'm not sure. I've posted the code below.

Inputs:
Price( NumericSeries ), 
Period( NumericSimple );

Variables:
var0( 0 ),
var1( 0 );

if CurrentBar = 1 then 
begin
	begin
	end ;
end
else
var0 = var0[1] + Period * Price[0] - SummationFC(Price, Period) ;

WMA  = var0 / var1 ;

Any ideas on what's wrong? Thanks.

which chart has this code applied?

what are the differences between the charts?

what are you looking for?

with the limited information you are providing, you are not being helpful to yourself.

I thought from the charts it's pretty obvious what the differences are. The ergodic oscillator plotted on each of the chart does not match when they should (same time frame). The indicator was applied to the same symbol with the same time frame 3 different times. However, each time MultiCharts plotted it differently.

To clarify, my Ergodic code was applied to the E-mini S&P (symbol ES #F from eSignal).

Anyways, Tams, can I send you my code in a private message? I think it'll be very difficult to explain what's going on or what I'm trying to ask in this thread.

Thanks.

Alright. I've attached three charts, each showing different calculated values for the Ergodic oscillator. I believe the last chart should be the correct one. I'm using a custom weighted moving average (as opposed to EL's WAverage) function for the smoothing. ....

why are you using a custom code?

if the anomaly is observed after the customization, then the error is in the customization.

Edited by Tams

You cannot use a FC function inside a function.

I have highlighted the error in your code.

Inputs:
Price( NumericSeries ), 
Period( NumericSimple );

Variables:
var0( 0 ),
var1( 0 );

if CurrentBar = 1 then 
begin
	begin
	end ;
end
else
var0 = var0[1] + Period * Price[0] - SummationFC(Price, Period) ;  {<---- error here}

WMA  = var0 / var1 ;

Edited by Tams