Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

LS_Chad

Woodies CCI Chart for Investor/RT

I get frequent requests for Woodies CCI Chart from Investor/RT users, and I would like to put together an Invesetor/RT (and MarketDelta) chart which contains all of Woodies indicators and subsequently put together a web page which explains how to import and use this chart. I would appreciate any assistance in putting these indicators together. So let's just jump right into it.

Woodies LSMA Indicator

I had no problem implementing the LSMA Indicator which is green when price is above the 25 LSMA and red when below.

Woodies Chop Zone Indicator (CZI)

Quoting text from one of Woodies documents, "The Chop Zone indicator shows market direction. Blue shows up market and brown shows down market. Multiple colors show market in a sideways mode". Any help with the coding of this indicator would be much appreciated.

Woodies Sidewinder

Quoting text from one of Woodies documents, "The Sidewinder displays in three colors red, yellow, and green. The red shows a flat or non-trending market, the yellow shows a trending market, and the green shows a strong trending market." Again, any help with coding the Sidewinder would be appreciated.

Woodies CCI

From what I understand, Woody uses a bold black line to plot the 14 period CCI and a smaller red line to plot the 6 period CCI (also known as "Turbo"). This I was able to reproduce with no problem of course.

Woodies' CCI Trend Time-bars

Woody uses yellow, blue, and red histogram coloring to denote:

- yellow gives us warning of trend (5 consecutive bars with CCI above or below zero line)

- blue tells us we're in an uptrend (6 or more consecutive bars with CCI above zero line)

- red tells us we're in an downtrend (6 or more consecutive bars with CCI below zero line)

No problems implementing that as well. The chart below is what I've come up with to this point. Obviously I'm missing the chopzone and the sidewinder, and I would appreciated any help you can give me on those two. But otherwise, what else are we missing? Thanks in advance for any help. Also, is there a specific periodicity or group of periodicities that Woody trades? What instruments does he trade? And does he look at 24 hour data or just the days session? The chart below was built using 24-hour / globex data on the ES.

http://www.charthub.com/images/2009/02/09/WoodiesCCI.png

WoodiesCCI.png

Does anyone make any money using woodie's ideas? I see he's now in the business of selling DVDs.

Honestly, I really don't know the answer to that. He does seem to have a pretty large following however, which is to some degree a measure of success. This thread is simply for trying to recreate Woodies chart in Investor/RT and MarketDelta. Let's try to limit the discussion in this thread to that if possible. There is another Woodies CCI thread I found on Trader's Lab that might be a better place for those types of questions: http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f30/woodies-cci-technique-2103.html

Thanks,

Chad

Does anyone make any money using woodie's ideas? I see he's now in the business of selling DVDs.

If you study Woodie's, Dr. Bob's, Walterw's ,and you come up with your own techniques through observation and execute them in the right CONTEXT, and follow both the signals and the signal failures in multiple timeframe, then yes CCI works great.

Hi, actually I don't intended to post a reply.

But now I do. When I turned to futures, I discovered Woodie,

I learned something about Money Management there (from others)

and about the CCI.

I will not judge about Woodie, I also don't know, if his system works,

or not. I have tried to back test his patterns (with no success, maybe my fault).

Well, some time ago; I got many, many emails to buy Woodies DVD's, that's why I understand Brown.

But in fact, I think, I understand all of you.

My personal opinion about Woodies strategies is, that he prays to ignore price, but isn't the CCI an oscillator? And what is an oscillator? :confused:

Anyway, the CCI is useful, and even Woodies CCI might be (more) useful, if

someone uses it right (within the right context).

Lets just talk about the indicator (tool) here.

PEACE

P.S.: It is an OT here, but I trusted Bolze (I never was a client of him). Do you have heard about him?

And now I stay quiet on OT's and Woodie.

I spoke with Woodie today and after I receive and sign a non-disclosure agreement, he's going to share the details of the indicators mentioned above so I can incorporate them into Investor/RT and MarketDelta. I'll try to make this available in the next few weeks. I won't be able to share the details with you due to NDA (so please don't ask), but I/RT and MD users should have be able to chart all of Woodies indicators soon.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• Date: 29th March 2024. GBPUSD Analysis: The Pound Trades Higher But For How Long? The global Stocks Markets are closed due to Easter Friday (Good Friday). The NASDAQ continued to follow the sideways trend while other indices again rose. The SNP500 reaches an all-time high, but the NASDAQ remains under pressure from Tesla, Meta and Apple. The Euro continues to trade lower against all major currencies including the US Dollar, Euro and Japanese Yen. The British Pound is the best performing currency during this morning’s Asian session. However, investors are largely fixing their attention on this afternoon’s Core PCE Price Index. GBPUSD – The Pound Trades Higher but For How Long? The GBPUSD is slightly higher than the day’s open and is primary due to the Pound’s strong performance. At the moment, the British Pound is increasing in value against all major currencies. However, the US Dollar Index is also trading 0.10% higher and for this reason there is a slight conflict here. If investors wish to avoid this conflict, the EURUSD is a better option. This is because, the Euro depreciating against the whole currency market avoiding the “tug-of-war” scenario. The GBPUSD is trading slightly lower than the 2-month’s average price and is trading at 49.10 on the RSI. For this reason, the price of the exchange is at a “neutral” level and is signalling neither a buy nor a sell. The day’s price action and future signals are possibly likely to be triggered by this afternoon’s Core PCE Price Index. Analysts expect the Core PCE Price Index to read 0.3% which is slightly lower than the previous month but will result in the annual figure remaining at 2.85%. The PCE rate is different to the inflation rate and the Fed aims for a rate between 1.5% to 2.00%. Therefore, even if the annual rate remains at 2.85%, as analysts expect, it would be too high for the Fed. If the rate increases, even if only slightly, the US Dollar can again renew bullish momentum and the stock market can come under pressure. This includes the SNP500. Investors are focused on the publication of data on the UK’s gross domestic product (GDP) for the last quarter of 2023: the quarterly figures decreased by 0.3%, and 0.2% over the past 12-months. This confirms the state of a shallow recession and the need for stimulation. The data, combined with a cooling labor market and a steady decline in inflation, increase the likelihood that the Bank of England will soon begin interest rate cuts. In the latest meeting the Bank of England representatives did not see any members vote for a hike. USA500 – The SNP500 Rises to New Highs, But Cannot Hold Onto Gains! The price of the SNP500 rises to an all-time high, before correcting 0.33% and ending the day slightly lower than the open price. Nonetheless, the index performs better than the NASDAQ which came under pressure from Tesla, Meta and Apple which hold a higher weight compared to the SNP500. For the SNP500, these 3 stocks hold a weight of 9.25%, whereas the 3 stocks make up 14.63% of the NASDAQ. The SNP500 is also supported by ExxonMobil’s gains due to higher energy prices. The market will remain closed on Friday due to Easter. However, the market will reopen on Monday for the US and investors can expect high volatility. Investors will also need to take into consideration how the PCE Price Index and the changed value of the US Dollar is likely to affect the stock market next week. Always trade with strict risk management. Your capital is the single most important aspect of your trading business. Please note that times displayed based on local time zone and are from time of writing this report. Click HERE to access the full HFM Economic calendar. Want to learn to trade and analyse the markets? Join our webinars and get analysis and trading ideas combined with better understanding on how markets work. Click HERE to register for FREE! Click HERE to READ more Market news. Michalis Efthymiou Market Analyst HFMarkets Disclaimer: This material is provided as a general marketing communication for information purposes only and does not constitute an independent investment research. Nothing in this communication contains, or should be considered as containing, an investment advice or an investment recommendation or a solicitation for the purpose of buying or selling of any financial instrument. All information provided is gathered from reputable sources and any information containing an indication of past performance is not a guarantee or reliable indicator of future performance. Users acknowledge that any investment in FX and CFDs products is characterized by a certain degree of uncertainty and that any investment of this nature involves a high level of risk for which the users are solely responsible and liable. We assume no liability for any loss arising from any investment made based on the information provided in this communication. This communication must not be reproduced or further distributed without our prior written permission.
    • MT4 is good and will be good until their parent company keep updating the software, later mt4 users will have to switch to mt5.
    • $SOUN SoundHound AI stock at 5.91 support area , see https://stockconsultant.com/?SOUN
    • $ELEV Elevation Oncology stock bull flag breakout watch , see https://stockconsultant.com/?ELEV
    • $AVDX AvidXchange stock narrow range breakout watch above 13.32 , see https://stockconsultant.com/?AVDX

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.