Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Open ECry Wish List Thread

Some may have been stated, but here it goes:

1. Market profile daily (TPO, Volume)

2. Sub 1 minute charts (5 second, 30 second etc.)

3. More historical intraday backfill (Tick) or the ability to catch intraday tick data for later backfill

4. Dynamic Volume at price, not just 24 hour like OEC currently has.

These additions would make OEC very competitive, currently you have to go to sierra ($26 a month) to get dynamic volume at price and and market profile. Also any kind of Drag and drop integrated into OEC would be spectacular, because I only know of 2 platforms with drag n drop.

OpenEcry already has MP compatible thru its plug-in Market Delta.

Yeah, but I still have pay for market delta. Having no data cost and no charting fees is awesome, but if I am having to pay more money to get a few additional features, it takes away from all of that. I'm a real cheap guy, so having low cost to do business without sacrificing the needed tools is number 1 for me. If the features I listed above were added, OEC would be an unbelievable deal.

Yeah, but I still have pay for market delta. Having no data cost and no charting fees is awesome, but if I am having to pay more money to get a few additional features, it takes away from all of that. I'm a real cheap guy, so having low cost to do business without sacrificing the needed tools is number 1 for me. If the features I listed above were added, OEC would be an unbelievable deal.

Since Market Delta is a whole different company, I highly doubt that it will every be available for free. If you look at other charting packages and associated fees for the data, $25 still falls into the extremely cheap side. If $25 makes or breaks your month, time to find a new profession.

I’m not sure if I do the right thing but since the last OEC update the code doesn’t compile anymore.

I really appreciate that you are developing POC VAL VAH, is there a new coding available?

Thanks

Thanks, I think I figured the VAL calulations out. I checked and it looks like intrabar persistance is not available on OEC. Here's the new code that also plots developing value areas.

//PopStocks PVP

Vars: Counter, Op(0), Ct(0), hh(0), f(0), indx(0), mintick(0);

Array: v[800](0), p[800](0), uvc[800](0);

mintick=minmove/pricescale;

If 1 = 1 then Ct =1+Ct;

If Date>Date[1] or Ct = 1 then begin

Op = Open-((800*mintick)/2);

For Counter = 1 to 800

begin

p[Counter] = 0;

v[Counter] = 0;

End;

End;

For Counter = 1 to 800

begin

p[Counter] = (Counter*mintick)+Op;

If Close = p[Counter] then v[Counter]= volume+v[Counter];

End;

hh = highestarray(v,800);

if hh> hh[1] then f = close;

if hh> hh[1] then for Counter = 1 to 800 begin

uvc[Counter] = 0;

end;

for Counter = 1 to (800-indx) begin

uvc[Counter]=v[Counter+indx+1];

end;

For Counter = 1 to 800

begin

If f = p[Counter] then indx = Counter;

End;

Plot1(f);

Plot2(f-(standarddevarray(v,indx,1)/highestarray(v,800)*50));

Plot3(f+(standarddevarray(uvc,800-indx,1)/highestarray(v,800)*50));

You don't need to know how to program -- you just need to be comfortable with standard computer skills like navigating a file system.

First off, you need to download the ' custom indicators' add-in on the OEC website and once downloaded then re-boot your system.

Did you add the complied indicator to the chart? Compiling it just validates the code is working.

Rightclick on a chart and go to add 'imported' indicator.

You can also check the indicator library under plug-INS. Again, right click and look for the 'plug ins' or series for the library. - not at computer so going by memory

OEC Wish List thread where you can list ideas for improvements, large or small. I cannot promise that any will be implemented, but I will be sure to pass the suggestions on.

It would really be helpful if you could change the color of the tabs on the charts so you could make your oil charts all black and your indicies red and so on. That way with just a glance you can select what you want. Seems like it would be an easy upgrade.

That way with just a glance you can select what you want.

I don't get this :confused:

I use slightly different background colors on my charts. But usually I don't work with more than 5 charts simultaneously and every chart window has its permanent place on my screens.

I don't get this :confused:

I use slightly different background colors on my charts. But usually I don't work with more than 5 charts simultaneously and every chart window has its permanent place on my screens.

Sometimes I just can't communicate properly. Hopefully the pic below makes sense of my comments. Excel has this feature that I use constantly so I included a pic below as an example.

attachment.php?attachmentid=18082&stc=1&d=1264008042

5aa70fadb180e_1-20-20102.png.0ddac3b762dea1f8364278d7debcc605.png

Hopefully the pic below makes sense of my comments. Excel has this feature that I use constantly so I included a pic below as an example.

I understand what you 've described as tabs but where are tabs in the OEC software? Do you mean the color of the window frames or did I miss out on sth.?

I understand what you 've described as tabs but where are tabs in the OEC software? Do you mean the color of the window frames or did I miss out on sth.?

The tabs on the charting screen. I suppose am incorrectly assuming other people's layouts are similar to mine. I breakout my charts in a seperate window and have all my charts on that screen so flipping from future to future is just about tab selection. I only use one monitor right now.

attachment.php?attachmentid=18090&stc=1&d=1264017436

5aa70fae3b61c_1-20-20104.png.1fd1b9ac877229ab0f2e3b100d26b5dc.png

The tabs on the charting screen.

Didn't know that feature :hmmmm:

I like to see the correlation of different instruments to get a better feeling for the market and wouldn't work with a single chart only. In your case I would set up a certain order of tabs to get used to. But color would be I nice add-on, you're right.

My wishlist would be:

• Tab-able workspaces (layouts) ala TS/MC.
  • Multiple Desktop support for multiple monitors.
  • Chart "selection" function to stay off when you turn it off rather that turning back on everytime you load a new layout or restart the platform.

Ohhh and it would be bitching if Ninjatrader would get off their ass and integrate OEC into their data feed support! (But this isn't OEC's issue).

I wish they would make it so you could have multiple line tools with different defaults. I draw S/R levels that are color coded and trendlines that are color coded and it would be nice to just have 5 duplicate line tools with different defaults for thickness and color. That would save me a lot of chart drawing time.

I wish they would make it so you could have multiple line tools with different defaults. I draw S/R levels that are color coded and trendlines that are color coded and it would be nice to just have 5 duplicate line tools with different defaults for thickness and color. That would save me a lot of chart drawing time.

I agree - I could use that as well. Will drop them an email.

I often use a right click on an object in order to delete it, after successive updates the Remove button has been moved to the bottom, which is not convenient.

‘Remove’, ‘Copy’ and ‘Paste’ buttons should be reunited in first or second position after’ Properties’ as being extensively used.

Thanks for adding the request on the list.

attachment.php?attachmentid=20630&stc=1&d=1271415299

OECselect.jpg.5354d8aaf08583de246e2284c519a46a.jpg

I agree with you, the Remove option shouldn't be at the bottom of the list. Maybe if it was at the top I'd use it,

but I find it quicker to just click on the object and then use the Delete key on the keyboard.

Edited by no_sandbags

I agree with you, the Remove option shouldn't be at the bottom of the list. Maybe if it was at the top I'd use it,

but I find it quicker to just click on the object and then use the Delete key on the keyboard.

I was doing this but I find that on some of my workspaces that are linked to the quotes window I think I will have the drawing object selected, then I hit the delete key only to find i've just deleted that selected market from the quotes window.

Frustrating indeed. More frustrating than having to manually go to the bottom of the list each time to hit remove...